• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Map KF-Harbor

shot00212a.jpg

Some nasty zone errors there (the cyan and green thingies)

Upvote 0
well good thing the name of this map is KF-Harbor......although i could see people getting confused.

that map is really quite well done. just playing a few games on it i was really impressed. lots of spots to defend, good size requiring some movement etc... love the zeds jumping off the tops of the crates and out of the crates. i could see this getting a bunch of play if it possibly became an official map :eek::)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
It is on the Whitelist........

I don't know if you missed it but I was saying that the map on the whitelist is not packaged - the textures and meshes are outside of the map. As such, I don't think it can work on a "redirect" server - it is not downloadable and everyone has to have it preinstalled... which is lame imo. Mapper's choice, but I'm just saying.

Upvote 0
[...] I don't think it can work on a "redirect" server - it is not downloadable [...]

First heard....
All stuff is "redirectable" excluding Music (.ogg) - what is a pity. UT engine server firstly put to dl those others files (system, textures, staticmeshes etc.) before the rom map file itself. The advantage of keeping all stuff separately is - if no changes are made in those "external" files and Mapper just makes some fixing in rom file then next time only one small(er) file would be downloaded opposite to f.e. 40 MB "redirect" downloading for the issue of one moved chair or jumpingpad added...

...and yes those movies I made was taken playing my server with redirect working (only I had installed this map, others just connected and was serv-ed ;) )

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't know if you missed it but I was saying that the map on the whitelist is not packaged - the textures and meshes are outside of the map. As such, I don't think it can work on a "redirect" server - it is not downloadable and everyone has to have it preinstalled... which is lame imo. Mapper's choice, but I'm just saying.

Oh sorry, havent read correctly :eek:

but Myles did this so no one can ''borrow'' his meshes and textures, which isnt lame for him ;)

Upvote 0
this is cool level. nicley build, good athmo.
there is only one issue. the green glow. if u stand in the warehouse and look in the direction of the ship there is sometimes a green glow in the doors of the warehouse. u can see it in the video in this thread. its only a cosmetic issue but if its possible to repair it it would be great.

keeep up the good work

SgtHermann

Upvote 0

statics / textures can be redirected as long as they are also compacted. Was the same for Departed and a few others yonks back. It works just fine on the DSAS IS BACK server.

Upvote 0
Mmkay. I have downloads disabled from my server directly. Is it possible to compress the .utx crap and the .rom into a single .uz2? How do you do it if it's not a single .rom to begin with? Will UCC realize the linked files are there and compress them somehow if you dump them into a folder and keep the structure or something?!

Upvote 0
uz2 files are just as same (lame) compression method as zip standard - you can compress ANYTHING to uz2 format - doc files wav, mp3, bmp etc but what for!? ;p
It compression rate is even worse than zip ones so not need, more of that it compresses only one file by time and can't do a package of files inside one "container". So as compressor ucc sucks :p but you CAN compress textures, staticmeshes etc. the same way as you do with rom files.
Primary clue - DON'T segregate those files in your redirect! They all go without ANY folder to your redirect pit just like they are - so no files-tree (map files and other files in the same directory) or else it won't be working right.

Upvote 0
This is one of the best looking maps imo. The only problem is that there were 3 instances where a crawler would go around in circles in an unreachable area. Twice in between the cargo containers on the right side of the ship (when you're facing the ship) and the cargo containers at the dock also at the right side of the ship. The bad thing is that this happens on wave 9 or 10.

Upvote 0