• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map KF-BioticsLabLightsOut-v6

HaTeMe

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 20, 2009
Behind You!
Map Name: KF-BioticsLabLightsOut-v6a
Version:
6a
Playable: Yes

Description of map:
Dark version of Biotics Lab, flashlight required.

Changes from the last version:
- Added some minor light sources here and there so players
could navigate in the dark, however flashlight is still required most of the time if you want to stay alive.
- Fixed the map preview on the menu
- Fixed the map description
- Added custom music
- Made both U-room doors unweldable
- Added some minor cosmetic details

Map Download/Download Size: Click Here! (4.46mb due the music file, the map itself is less than 1mb)
Download link updated with a fixed version v6a! Fixed a bug where players screens would turn black for a few seconds when passing through zones.

Notes:
- This is considered as a "final" version, but I thought Id post it here first so people can give some feedback and depending on that I might edit the map some more later on. I was a bit unsure wether I want to keep some of the lights I put there, so I let you decide about it. I just thought it would be a bit easier to navigate in the dark with those red lights here and there, but they wont help you against the specimens lol.

The map goes in Maps folder and the music file in Music folder, simple as that.

I couldnt be bothered to take any screenshots, so I just recorded a short vid from the first waves. Theres another vid Fang made from the fifth version but it doesnt include the changes I made.

From Version 6 (notice the random headshot on 1:15 xD)

BioticsLab-LightsOut-v6 - YouTube

From Version 5 (by Fang)

Last edited:
Map Name: KF-BioticsLabLightsOut-v6a
Version:
6a
Playable: Yes

Description of map:
Dark version of Biotics Lab, flashlight required.

Changes from the last version:
- Added some minor light sources here and there so players
could navigate in the dark, however flashlight is still required most of the time if you want to stay alive.
- Fixed the map preview on the menu
- Fixed the map description
- Added custom music
- Made both U-room doors unweldable
- Added some minor cosmetic details

Map Download/Download Size: Click Here! (4.46mb due the music file, the map itself is less than 1mb)
Download link updated with a fixed version v6a! Fixed a bug where players screens would turn black for a few seconds when passing through zones.

Notes:
- This is considered as a "final" version, but I thought Id post it here first so people can give some feedback and depending on that I might edit the map some more later on. I was a bit unsure wether I want to keep some of the lights I put there, so I let you decide about it. I just thought it would be a bit easier to navigate in the dark with those red lights here and there, but they wont help you against the specimens lol.

The map goes in Maps folder and the music file in Music folder, simple as that.

I couldnt be bothered to take any screenshots, so I just recorded a short vid from the first waves. Theres another vid Fang made from the fifth version but it doesnt include the changes I made.

From Version 6 (notice the random headshot on 1:15 xD)

BioticsLab-LightsOut-v6 - YouTube

From Version 5 (by Fang)

The link doesn't work, I can't seem to access it, It simply 404's and the steam workshop file is corrupted, Every download of it literally insta crashes the game on launch until it's removed, Can we get a proper link please? As V6a shouldn't be more then a few months old if i look at the edit dates on the OP

Upvote 0
Yeah sorry about that, all my links are down because I forgot to pay for my KF server and I happened to have my webspace rented from the same host so that went down as well. And since I havent really played KF in months, I couldnt be bothered to get the back up.

I will try to find some time to fix some of the links later.

Upvote 0
Okey I finally remembered to upload this map elsewhere so heres a ModDB link: http://www.moddb.com/members/hateme1/addons/bioticslab-lights-out

However it is currently awaiting authorisation, not sure how long that will take since I havent really used the site much (even tho I probably shouldve). Apparently couple of days. In fact Im not even entirely sure if thats the right link..

The rest of the maps are usually here http://kf.pliki.hlds.pl/download/
(Dark versions of Offices, West London, Manor.. Carden Hill, Still Alive etc.)

Upvote 0