• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design KF-BioticsLab-UK

Hey,

We would like to release a Closed Beta today for 5-10 players. The goal of this beta is to find major bugs and errors. If the beta goes really well we consider releasing the final version this week.

Please keep in mind that everyone who wants to join the Closed Beta should really give us feedback. Therefore we are searching for player who already have a lot of experience in KF2. So leave us a post with your game hours in KF2 (or also even KF1) here and we will update you with the results by tonight!

Thanks!
I have 59 Hours in Killing Floor 2 and I am by no means professional at finding bugs but I am happy to try my best to find them and give you feedback.

Upvote 0
I am not sure why hours matter in this case though? That does not define the actual experience one has with the game.
I often try to find bugs to report in any game I am playing.

I am interested, but who would not be with a map looking this good? ;)

Yes you're right. It's actually just here for "formality" reasons :D
You and the others who applied should have a pm soon ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ok. I played through 10 rounds on solo.

1) I noticed that the smaller doors when welded and then destroyed by zeds --these doors still appear and are solid to players but zeds can walk through.
For example, the small door to the left of elevator broke but remained and was solid for me (but zombies walked through the solid-looking broken-down door).

2) Down the long hall from elevator forward towards the red lighted room, the small door on the left also had the weld broken. That door, like other small doors was still showing, it was solid for me, but zombies walked through it.

3) The smaller room to the right of elevator with that small door and big window --that smaller door seems to be a problem for zombies to break down. A few got stuck there or seemed to be clueless as to whether they should just face the door (while moaning and gesticulating) or whether they should beat on the door.

All in all, the map feels very much like the bioticslab I was loving in KF1. It even had that same size of hallways and walkways almost everywhere. I really enjoyed it. I was hoping to get on a server with some testing people, so maybe later tonight. I took a long fraps video of my play, but since it was only on normal I'm not going to post it any time soon.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just a suggestion for the "Lobby Spawn" (the room you wait in until the game finishes). How about you make a room above the elevator? So people will be waiting maybe in a lobby room with the elevator to the sides and when the game starts it will feel like you came down the elevator, but it broke once you were out and now you have to fight your way back.

Upvote 0
Just a suggestion for the "Lobby Spawn" (the room you wait in until the game finishes). How about you make a room above the elevator? So people will be waiting maybe in a lobby room with the elevator to the sides and when the game starts it will feel like you came down the elevator, but it broke once you were out and now you have to fight your way back.

Thats a clever idea.

Also my thoughts on the map: Does catch the original spirit of biotics lab tight small crapped spaces, impressive use of using the materials already in the UDK to make a very well done replica of it. Lighting from what I can tell from pics does a very good job at giving it an atmosphere that feels like the original but something new at the same time.

Keep up the good work and I hope to play this map soon.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the feedback :)
I really like this idea and this is how we`re gonna make the"get ready" room. During the beta we will also bring more variet into the map by xreating some damaged party on the floor and we'll also be adding some different floor textures.

We can't wait to release the first beta but we really want to release something well playable ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hey guys sorry for the long delay. Ivan and I have been quite stressed latetly but we still worked on the map :)
Actually it is almost finished and I think we are going to make a last closed beta today before we release the official beta.
There have been quite a few issiues with the dorrs, which are fixed now thoug.
The release is very close now ;)

Upvote 0