• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Is it a game design that russians are supposed to lose more ?

Hey I didn't say the maps we're made right I'm saying how the maps should play out... historically... unless my knowledge of the battle isn't as accurate as I'd like it to be and there was some major back and forth action.

I'm all for realism

but unbalanced maps for historical accuracy are not cool.

I can understand different levels of reinforcements and material, but setting up a map so it's harder on one side would not be a good idea.

Upvote 0
i will always pick the team that needs the player.. thats how i work.. i care not for either sides politics or whatever..i just want the game to be balanced as far as players go. weapons or class unbalance is a big whatever to me. try to find their guns on the ground if its a big deal to you, i look on the ground for weapons all the time. and since i'm primarily an auto guy, i keep an eye out for a rifle to augment my arsenal. so, i'll grab that mkb anytime i see it.

i agree that most of the time i join a server the axis are overloaded. as some others have stated, i will default to allies simply because most people say it's harder for them. yesterday i played a game as allies on red october, we had a guy named 'Russia never wins'.. guess what? we won.. i said 'looks like russia won' as the game ended!! lol..

oh and if im a poor squad leader, which i always pick, let me know.. tell me what im doing wrong and maybe i'll give it up.. otherwise get better and take it from me! im not gonna sit behind a wall outside a capzone as a spawn point.. i attack so sorry.. i feel my bonus to cap is better than sitting around as a boring spawn point.. again get better and steal it from me or join another squad!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't think I was the one who claimed that allied players cower in fear just waiting for a spot on the german team to open.

again, I don't get where you think that these behaviors are exclusive to those apparent morons who play Russian. (We all know Germans have "better kit" and not one single server has seen a ****tard on the Nazi team)

:rolleyes:

Show me where I said "all allied players cower in fear......"

You implied that I said the Allied team is filled with noobs, my response to that was that many players do X because of Y.

Also, once again the bulk of my initial post (the post you chose to find one issue with) was ignored by you. The bulk of said post actually my point, which makes this continued exchange pointless.

EDIT:
Also, are you trying to show your ignorance by blanket referring to the "Germans" as nazis? Sigh.......my grandfather fought for the Germans (not the nazis). He made every effort to educate his children and even us grandchildren about the evils of this world and how any extremism is wrong. He may have been german and he may have been fighting on the "wrong" side; he wasn't however fighting for the ideology of said side.

Last edited:
Reactions: Poerisija
Upvote 0
Show me where I said "all allied players cower in fear......"

You implied that I said the Allied team is filled with noobs, my response to that was that many players do X(X=Russians Sucking?) because of Y (Y=Germans Ruling?).

First of all chachi, I never said that you said "all allieds blah blah blah"....I said "I don't think I was the one who claimed that allied players cower in fear just waiting for a spot on the german team to open." You were the one who said allied players do this...neither of us said ALL of them do it. So don't start with this "You are putting words in my mouth" whiny bullcrap especially when it's been shown that the only one who is doing it is yourself.

Also, once again the bulk of my initial post (the post you chose to find one issue with) was ignored by you. The bulk of said post actually my point, which makes this continued exchange pointless.

I did address your point, twice. I think you are stupid to believe that the Russian team is prone to having stupid players. This is exactly what you attributed to the Russians "losing matches" in your previous post. I've seen plenty of the "less cohesive, no commander, leaving during the round, camping, trying not to die" Germans who have completely ruined their chances of victory.

EDIT:
Also, are you trying to show your ignorance by blanket referring to the "Germans" as nazis? Sigh.......my grandfather fought for the Germans (not the nazis). He made every effort to educate his children and even us grandchildren about the evils of this world and how any extremism is wrong. He may have been german and he may have been fighting on the "wrong" side; he wasn't however fighting for the ideology of said side.

Well looky here boys. We got ourselves a nazi fanboi. What are the odds that you of all people, would characterize the Russian players as inferior equipped cowards who don't know teamwork, who are drooling to play as the all mighty German (aka Uncle Toms).

Yea buddy, you aren't completely 110% biased.:rolleyes: I saw this one coming from a mile away, especially after your "Germans have better kit" garbage.

I'd like to see you try to explain your way out of this one...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Of course, just as I thought.

Ignore the points, after whining about me not addressing yours...

and the hypocrisy continues to ooze out of you.

Love the bit about "I invalidated your points" without ever actually addressing them (I never even said anything about what side you play as, so I really have no idea what you have "invalidated"). Funny how people find ways to weasel away. As I've said, you've got all the answers kid.

Last edited:
Reactions: the_Monk
Upvote 0
For the record......this is the rest of my post/points you just skipped over when you initally suggested that I said noobs make up the Allied side.

Originally Posted by the_Monk
I believe it's a combination of weapons modelled as closely as possible to their real-world counterparts creating some percieved imbalance especially in those 1:1 encounters and a desire to create real-feeling ebb/flow on each map creating this asymmetry. I for one love it. I also believe these intentional game mechanics only serve to give the player more options while playing and keeps the game feeling fresh for longer.

For example, attacking with German side feels a lot different than attacking with the Russians, both of which feel different yet on different maps. Now start using different weapons and or tactics and you've got many different possible outcomes for each individual round played. In my opinion no FPS game-DEV can hope to do more and TWI have given this community a hell of a lot more for 39.99 than most (if not all) other FPS-DEVS give you for 59.99.

The bugs, performance issues and other niggling issues will be worked out. I have have faith in TWI (I just wish sometimes they'd communicate better but I guess one can't have everything :D )

With every hour that passes that I'm playing this game I'm simply reminded more and more why the 39.99 spent on this game will end up being the best 39.99 spent by me on a game this year.

I'd be willing to bet in clan-play (where the teams are both staffed by comepetent players aspousing team-cohesion) you will see the battles going either way. It's more about the player and the rest of the team than the individual guns. RO and RO2 were never about those 1:1 encounters. Unfortunately most "pub-play" (thanks largely to other big-name FPS's) has become about 1:1 encounters. I sincerely hope TWI do nothing to artificially balance anything, at least until the clan-play area has had a chance to give them some decent feedback. Nothing should ever (especially in a game touting asymmetric balance) be "balanced" according to the whims of a pub player. Ever.

As to the "kid" remark? My youngest of 3 children is 22. I'm hardly a "kid" thank you.

I'm not addressing your drivel because it is just that.......drivel. There is nothing in your latest replies to me that indicates discussion. Simply inflamatory remarks about "kid" and "nazi fanboi" etc. etc. None of which is deserving acknowledgement much less comment.

I have said in this thread what I've felt I needed to say. You disagree. Fine; I would however suggest a modicum of respect (which comments such as "kid" and "nazi fanboi" don't display) would be necessary to further discussion in the future.

Good day!

Reactions: Forssen
Upvote 0
You are absolutely right, I did "miss" those points. For one, it was a long post, and 2. I thought it was going to be yet another discussion on weapon modeling (I've seen plenty of that lately)

however none of that addresses your assertion that allies are more prone to noobish behavior; which is the point I focused on. The un-tactical noobs don't magically flock to russians. And they certainly don't camp with the intent of avoiding death just so they can join german. Both teams camp and both teams try to avoid death. Nobody in a video game is afraid of the German weaponry (maybe the MKB).

I maintain that the main difference in success has been map design. Most maps in the game are actually balanced, but there are couple that aren't and they get all the focus. The two unbalanced maps happen to favor the Germans. In my experience the other maps often are 50-50 affairs.

Reactions: the_Monk
Upvote 0
the_Monk said:
Germany at that time was the Third Reich which was ruled by the Nazi goverment, so referring to the Germans as Nazis is simplification (because not every German has to be necessarily Nazi), but it is not all wrong.

My grandfather fought under the USSR banner - for the record: he wasn't Russian - and the USSR was the part of "the Allies", but I keep refering to them as Soviets which they are. No point, for me at least, in calling them "the Allies" (I am well aware that they were the part of the Big Three/the Grand Alliance) if we play only as the Soviet Union.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have to disagree with SasQuatch.

I often see the Russian blocked at various stages of the maps and I only play Allies. The thing is, if you take similarly skilled players (on both sides, this is very important), a good German team will often have an easier time against a good Russian team than the opposite. That's because some maps give them advantages over the Russian and if you add on top of that the mkb and the small advantage of the German tank over the Russian one, you get a feeling of unbalance.

Upvote 0
Germany at that time was the Third Reich which was ruled by the Nazi goverment, so referring to the Germans as Nazis is simplification (because not every German has to be necessarily Nazi), but it is not all wrong.

My grandfather fought under the USSR banner - for the record: he wasn't Russian - and the USSR was the part of "the Allies", but I keep refering to them as Soviets which they are. No point, for me at least, in calling them "the Allies" (I am well aware that they were the part of the Big Three/the Grand Alliance) if we play only as the Soviet Union.

It is all wrong. It would be like calling all inhabitants of the USSR, Bolsheviks. Or like calling United Statians, Democrats because their goverment right now are the Democrats.

Upvote 0
Just got off playing RED OKTOBER FACTORY
As a Russian , 20 sec after start german arty on russian spawn
1 mins after start german tank camping spawn
4 mins after start german arty on spawn
MAP ENDS RUSSIAN NEVER REACH FIRST CAP
WELL BALANCED MAP

u mad? ahh, let me try that again. U MAD?

Upvote 0
just had a game on "pavlov's house" or whatever, russians couldnt even get out of the spawn, was camped from every freaking corner

great map !

thx but no thx, i can find way more fun ways to kill my braincells

from now on ill play as axis, and if some one likes getting pwned again and again, well than they can play as russians, because i dont

Last edited:
Reactions: PsychoPigeon
Upvote 0