• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Iron sites are too steady IMO

thank you, but there's no need to apologize.
i agree that some of the sway is unrealistic. they sway we have in realism and action, for example. you have the same sway whether you've been running 100 meters or resting all game. the sway when resting a rifle or a fence or the side of a building is wrong as well. it's the same as if you weren't supporting the rifle at all. the "hold breath" feature is borked as well. why should we only be able to hold our breath for a few seconds when we haven't even been running? i've been smoking for 35 years and can hold my breath longer. the only thing they got right, was that sway is reduced as you crounch and further as you go prone.
i wouldn't mind more sway in the game, if, supporting the weapon and the hold breath feature worked the way they should.

as far as shooting a real mosin as accurate as the one's in game, i say that in some circumstances it's easier in the game and in some it's easier in real life. as far as shooting unsupported, I find it easier in the game. it's only beacuse where i shoot, it's off a bench. i have no practice shooting unsupported. i'm sure if i practiced i would be as good as the game though. when i first got a mosin, i couldn't hit the side of a barn with it. with practice, i now have no problem hitting a stationary target in the kill zone all day long at 200-300 yards.
as far as shooting in the game supported, compared to real life? real life wins. the game will not let us hold the rifle as steady as we can at the range.
shooting when tired from running? the game wins again. no penalty at all, that i can see from being winded.
the thing we have to remember is, real life weapon characteristics, don't neccesarily mean fun game-play. and if the game isn't fun, who cares about real life mechanics? no one will be there to notice.
i said this quite a while ago, it would be really interesting if we had a target range to have shooting competitions in. i did some testing with Mekhazio's bullet trace mutator thingy, the one that showed your bullets flight and left it's mark after the shot. it was a real eye opener as to how accurate/innacurate the games weapons are. something that would let us get together and time us shooting at targets and keep score would really be interesting.

Hence why I said I think the in-game shooting mechanics were fine as-is. :p But thank you for your post. I wish we could all get together and go real-life Mosin shooting instead. Would be much more fun. :)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0