• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Insurgency Mod ... EPIC THREAD OF DOOM

Insurgency Mod ... EPIC THREAD OF DOOM

• It's Great! Check it out...NOW!!!

Votes: 55 26.6%
  • It's just OK -- worth downloading but...

Votes: 95 45.9%
  • It sucks buckets...

Votes: 57 27.5%

• Total voters
I thought the trailer really didn't show any of the combat actually working, it could have been done better. It was funny though how the insurgent is like firing his MG non stop for like a minute...

I agree with DingBat about the animations also, the player movement in general looked like way too sharp and snappy, there was no sense of momentum about the people. As if they were weightless, also the prone crawling animation is just terrible.

Upvote 0
INS will pwn RO:OST on popularity - INS guys is not lames that release fan work as their so called "patch" years later - this mod is free its coming out in June - it has TRACKIR support like ARMA - it will PWN RO:OST... too bad, i loved when these guys were developing RO 3.3 mod together - too bad all realism left the RO:OST and went into developing INS.

Upvote 0
While I agree the 3rd person animations don't look too great (you could say the same about RO's 3rd person animations), 1st person graphics seem to be top notch and environments look pretty awesome (better than ArmA imo).

Looking forward to this. I really hope they live up to the promise that you can play it on any of the valve games that allow access to the source sdk. Then my DODS investment will finally pay off :)

Upvote 0
The dev - Jeremy said in his developer log yesterday that he'd just been re-doing alot of the charactor poses and player animations, these wouldn't have been included in the new trailer as I believe that's been a little while in comming.
I liked it though, it was very atmospheric, but I agree that seeing more real combat situations would have been good.

Upvote 0
The trailer is "meh". The animations are not really convincing, and it had too little in game footage, but lot's of cheesy text and music (Darkest Hour trailer anyone? :p).
But then, Infiltration didn't look too well too, but played great, so we'll have to wait and see.

By the way, I like how they (including Jeremy) try to bash RO on their forums ^^ Especially when Jeremy proclaims that he noticed three years ago that RO would take an arcardish approach (well, it did in some ways, but in others it improved) but then showing huge bloating objective icons floating on the maps...

Upvote 0
The trailer is "meh". The animations are not really convincing, and it had too little in game footage, but lot's of cheesy text and music (Darkest Hour trailer anyone? :p).
But then, Infiltration didn't look too well too, but played great, so we'll have to wait and see.

By the way, I like how they (including Jeremy) try to bash RO on their forums ^^ Especially when Jeremy proclaims that he noticed three years ago that RO would take an arcardish approach (well, it did in some ways, but in others it improved) but then showing huge bloating objective icons floating on the maps...
QFT

IMO, the trailer could have been more like RO did the trailers back in the mod days. But it's nice they have finally set a date, and i'm sure i will give it a try when it releases.

Upvote 0
To quote rattus, the trailer is meh.

Dingbat, the reason they look wrong is because the animations are the wrong speed for the avatar movement. Their legs are moving at a faster speed than they're actually running, so the feet slide on the ground. I suspect that the original animations were borrowed from a certain Source based game that shall remain unnamed, but the player movement speed has been lowered from "DM" to "Tactical", resulting in the animations being out of sync. I'm sure they'll adjust them, but the whole trailer just doesn't get me excited at all. It feels like a case of "too little too late" and nothing in that looks overly special.

I'll reserve my proper judgement until after I've played it, but my expectations at this stage really aren't overly high. Especially knowing the hit-detection-nightmare that is the Source engine. RO and the Unreal Engine have spoilt me rotten. Even the venerable Quake 3 engine has me screaming obscenities at the abysmal hitbox sync these days, and the Source engine's problems leave even it for dead.

Upvote 0
To me that trailer looked very much like some of the early RO mod videos but in a different setting, so of course I draw the conclusion (judging from the video) that INS will be a modern day RO.

I really wish they would have made INS on a different engine tho since there is no chance in hell I will ever pay for something using Source (and I need to have some Source based valve game to be able to play it) and I would really love to try out INS.

Upvote 0
Svedberg, I can definitely understand your hatred of anything Source based, but there are a few mods out there that are definitely worth having that access to the SDK base. Keep your eye out for limited time specials on Steam. You might be able to snap up something crap for only a couple of dollars and once you have it, you never have to actually play the thing.

Upvote 0
Looks just as mediocre as it played during beta. It took them this long and it still looks and seems like it plays the exact same.

****ty player animations, a few of the same ****ty weapon models, and maps that are either too difficult to play or don't flow and lack fun. It's a shame the wrong leader/developer left as he actual had a vision and common sense to listen to what the people playing it told him, he wasn't affraid to change what he wanted for the greater good of the mod/game. Instead they got stuck with Jeremy who started out well, but got arrogant, and stuck on a ****ty vision which he refused to modify. He cut too many corners, and instead of a realistic modern infantry mod you get a halfassed thrown together modern infantry mod with ironsights. Great Realism, laughable at best.

Affraid Pongles is really one of the only developers left who isn't a dumbass.

I'll still try it, for a few minutes.

Upvote 0