• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Insurgency Mod ... EPIC THREAD OF DOOM

Insurgency Mod ... EPIC THREAD OF DOOM

• It's Great! Check it out...NOW!!!

Votes: 55 26.6%
  • It's just OK -- worth downloading but...

Votes: 95 45.9%
  • It sucks buckets...

Votes: 57 27.5%

• Total voters
Hipshooting is too easy because there is little recoil and almost every weapon you would want to hipshoot is automatic. I guess that's a problem of the setting but it made me like RO's exaggerated recoil effects again (even when using automatic weapons myself).

No offense, but aren't you one of those who complain how games like Insurgency artificial features that make a game more gamey / easy / playble / balanced or whatever? Like HUD, friendly icons etc? If so, then it's kind of hypocritical to argue for exaggregated recoil like in RO, because that is equally unrealistic and also done for gameplay purpose.

That aside Insurgency does suffer alot from the way weapons, animations and hit-detection interact in the Source engine. Often enough you virtually have no chance to react to people running and gunning around corners because you are basically dead the instant you see the enemy's avatar. It feels really weird at times.

Upvote 0
No offense, but aren't you one of those who complain how games like Insurgency artificial features that make a game more gamey / easy / playble / balanced or whatever? Like HUD, friendly icons etc?
No, I just said I don't like iron sight zoom in RO. I posted my reasons back then so I'll leave that out here.
Of course I am not opposed to a HUD. Not even to crosshairs. It all depends on the game.
I'm not even complaining about the low recoil but mainly about every weapon being semi or fully automatic coupled with the low recoil and the short ranges in maps making hipshooting too easy.

Also, why can't you lean when prone? Is there a "realistic" explanation for that or is a fix planned for one of the next few patches?

Upvote 0
Also, why can't you lean when prone? Is there a "realistic" explanation for that ..?

There's an evolutionary explantion for it- mother nature doesnt want you to take a peek in the middle of procreation and see how much more attractive the other gals are, compared to your ol' wife that is. And thus, wisely- and kindly, if I may add- prevented leaning while prone.

Upvote 0
32.jpg

When I googled "panda on a go cart" the 5th picture was the Harry Potter dude naked with a white horse - wtf?

Now how the **** is that related?

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
There's an evolutionary explantion for it- mother nature doesnt want you to take a peek in the middle of procreation and see how much more attractive the other gals are, compared to your ol' wife that is. And thus, wisely- and kindly, if I may add- prevented leaning while prone.
*extremely broad smile that doesn't vanish fast enough not to be spooky*:D

Upvote 0