• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Insurgency Mod ... EPIC THREAD OF DOOM

Insurgency Mod ... EPIC THREAD OF DOOM

• It's Great! Check it out...NOW!!!

Votes: 55 26.6%
  • It's just OK -- worth downloading but...

Votes: 95 45.9%
  • It sucks buckets...

Votes: 57 27.5%

• Total voters
Yes they **** at releasing stuff faster than the speed of snails but what they did release was awesome.
Never questioned the quality of INF, in fact its still the best thing out there!
*stares at the 2.9 release CD residing on his monitor*

I only left it because I was tired at shooting the same 20 ppl over and over again. It got too predictable, you just knew what was going to happen when you played with/against a certain set of people. :(

Upvote 0
You'll have something late april. Something could be anything.
Well the trailer and website are due at the end of this month, so it sounds like April's something will be very important. Though I guarantee if the website and trailer miss the mark the release will be farther out. But remember everyone, code work was at 97% in January (you can release with place holder models, textures, animations, etc., but there is no such thing as place holder code, it is either there or it isn't), so by now it should be 99.9% done if its not already.

Upvote 0
I called it. All that lame hype for new panoramic screens and some boring videos of guns shooting at walls. Wow! The ironsights look almost the same in real-time as in the screenies! Shocking!

I wish these mod teams would get over themselves, release screenies and stuff every week, give fans the info instead of vague hype every two months that makes everyone think it's going to be released soon.

Nuclear Dawn did the same boring thing.

I'll start paying attention when they release something. :yawn:

Upvote 0
I called it. All that lame hype for new panoramic screens and some boring videos of guns shooting at walls. Wow! The ironsights look almost the same in real-time as in the screenies! Shocking!

I wish these mod teams would get over themselves, release screenies and stuff every week, give fans the info instead of vague hype every two months that makes everyone think it's going to be released soon.

Nuclear Dawn did the same boring thing.

I'll start paying attention when they release something. :yawn:
They already posted what is keeping the release back...
Originally posted by 2-d chris

so you'd be happy playing with bugs like ...
  • can't switch weapon when you equip a grenade (have to throw it first)
  • you sometimes don't spawn so you have to reconnect to the server
  • the game crashes at startup
  • bullets don't register, major hitbox problems
  • Can't climb up ladders
  • Jumping no longer works correctly, can't even jump up a door step
  • Spawn inside the ground so you can't move
Just a sample of some of the bugs we have had or still do! I wish people would stop assuming bugs are really odd things that would never really be noticed. Welcome to the world of game development, fixing one bug often causes more.

You have to understand high priority bugs such as the ones above do get fixed first, but while they are present the core gameplay is completely ruined, put simply nobody can enjoy the game till most bugs are ironed out.
This is also why they don't show gameplay footage. It's not really playable and any vid would have to be highly scripted in order to look decent. So once those are fixed they are going to release, I doubt they're going to bother a whole lot about balance. I know I would hate to have waited this long to play INS, only to spawn in the ground or not have my shots registering or possibly not even being able to start it up without it crashing.

Upvote 0
Any mod that's a WIP says the same things. I'm not saying it's only them doing this. That's why I mentioned Nuclear Dawn also. Bugs happen, I worked on a mod team. But we never hyped anything. We were active in forums and chats telling everyone what we were working on, showing progress DAILY.

We never said "SOMETHING BIG COMING IN APRIL!!! ZOMGZ!!!#$@%$!!oneone" and then April comes and... "Here's some screenshots!"

It's ****ing stupid and these people with these "big" mods think they are beyond anything that's ever happened to gaming before, and they need to get over it.

I am anticipating Insurgency mod, but I'm sick of the BS mod teams put out all the time. If you want to keep people's attention, be an active part of the community, don't tease people with complete bull**** every four or five months.

For what they've shown so far in relation to the hype they are putting out, I'm not impressed. They need to be working on the sleeve texture more than anything at this point, because it looks awful in comparison to everything else they have.

I can't wait to play it, or Nuclear Dawn, or a handful of other mods. But I don't pay one bit of attention to them until they release something with substance. Most mods need to finish their beta build, launch a website, hype for a few weeks, and release it and then build it from there. Not hype it for years and release a bug ridden game that should have been released a year ago if it hadn't been for them being too busy hyping press-releases than actually working on their game. Everyone's guilty of that in this business, and it's a damn shame.

Upvote 0