• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Il-2 thread

The best joystick are by far the CH products in my opinion but they come expensive as you need to buy throttle , rudder and stick separately , personally , i have an old Microsoft Force feedback 2 , very precise , good strength of the mecanisms insides (tough and rigid unlike Saitek X52 for instance which feels like your stick is moving into yoghurt , very loose and weak ) , i got it since 2002 and it still work perfectly , it's really a shame Microsoft stopped producing them , they were by far the best quality/price compromise (very good quality for reasonable price ) , maybe too much quality as it costed microsoft too much money , that's really a pity cause now the choice is very limited in term of quality products . Then there is the cougar stick etc.. but for IL-2 i don't think you need such expensive stick , and moreover a friend of mine had to replace some spare parts of his cougar after just 1 year of intensive use , so i'm kind of sceptical towards it

Upvote 0
quad_takeoff.jpg

a bunch of us taking of with Fw190A-9s on spits vs 109.

front to the rear bobdog me ueber and sheepdip
the aircraft coming from the parking area is kapula

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I am having a problem with my game. It seems that I can get shot down, but when I hit the ground nothing happens to my plane. I will just bounce off the ground and continue on flying. This happens in singleplayer mode. Is there any solutions to fix it?
I think I had this one time when I played it ages ago. It should be something to do with the options. Not too sure though. I think I fixed it in the# end, but I haven't played it for a good year now.
Hope that gives you some sort of help :)

Upvote 0