• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Il-2 thread

ziggy

Nov 21, 2005
blocky.jpg

Last edited:
Multiplayer is perfect.
A joystick is a must.
Its really cheap and if u get il-2 the exp for that and pf you get heaps of planes.
Me and 3 other mates play this for hours on end in dogfight (pvponly) mode.
Flying bombers while everyone chases you.
Regular dogfights.
Era dogfights 1940's below.
Jet fights.
Theirs nothing anoying at all bug gameplaywise

Upvote 0
Moz said:
how do you activate the pretty water in PF, all I have is the standard IL2 craptastic kind.

First, you need a card that supports Shader model 3.0, i.e. any card in the Geforce 6 and 7 line (sorry for you ATi fanboys :p ).

Second, make sure in IL2 setup that your renderer is OpenGL, and *not* DirectX.

Third, go into your "conf.ini" file in your IL2 program folder, and scroll down (it will be a text file) to the OpenGL settins area. You should see a line that says "Water=X" The X can be either a 0, 1, or 2. O is "perfect" water (i.e. better than the 'craptastic' excellent water) with reflections and waves.

1 is the same but with wavy ground reflections, and more realistic wave types.

Finally, "2" is the one that looks the best (the one that needs SM3.0), and has weather dependent, fully modeled waves and wakes from ships, full reflections, the "glare" you see in teh pictures, etc. It looks mighty sexy, but it degrades performance.

I have a 6800GT slightly OC'ed, and it runs fine with a P4C 3ghz (should be even better when my Athlon 64 3700 SanDiego gets here :D ), so if you have a 6600 or so, it might not work good for you, but water 0 and 1 still look way better than "excellent" water.

Upvote 0