• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Tuning] If you hang/crash at the splash screen!

While Tripwire works on this crash at splash screen problem ...

if you rename your Library/Documents/My Documents/My Games/RedOrchestra2 folder to something else like xRedOrchestra2 and restart RO2, I think you'll find that it'll start ok but since it recreates the RedOrchestra2 folder, you'll have to reset all your game settings.
----------
i did that and it made a new folder for me, which now has a launch file which is not blank maybe this will be use full

Upvote 0
Right, reinstalled steam, re downloaded RO2, still the buggering same.

Log file attached.

Had enough tbh.

So hope you guys can get to the bottom of it, not so bothered about the money, just my mates are playing.....and i was the one who told them how great it was going to be...oh the irony :(

*edit* tried verifing cache....guess what? 13 files missing....giving up methinks

Attachments

• Launch.log
    24 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I had the exact same problem as you guys, and I just solved it. MY game was not starting up, and was simply hanging at the loading screen. However, the solution I did was extreme and I doubt many of you will try it. I had other games that were not working, and since its a new computer and I don't have very many files I re-installed windows 7... The game works fine now, but that solution shouldn't be the only way. Hope they solve the problem for you soon guys

Upvote 0
I had the exact same problem as you guys, and I just solved it. MY game was not starting up, and was simply hanging at the loading screen. However, the solution I did was extreme and I doubt many of you will try it. I had other games that were not working, and since its a new computer and I don't have very many files I re-installed windows 7... The game works fine now, but that solution shouldn't be the only way. Hope they solve the problem for you soon guys

Mines a fresh install, put on the day the beta was released:mad:

Upvote 0
Happens in the Beta as well as the full game:mad:
+1
The "old" beta, before the release of the full version did never hang at startup. And it is really strange, because after an undefined number of tries it will start. At least on my PC. And more likely after booting it. But not always. I am working in a Software department and errors, which cannot be reproduced in an exact way are frustrating.

Upvote 0
i Dont know how useful that could be, but i noticed that, if o open firefox at the moment the splash screen appear and browse google and this forum for about 30 sec, the game finally open.

This sounds like voodoo, but I have almost the same experience. I first noticed it when I started the game for the nth time with the hope that it would finally come up and continued reading and scrolling the forums (or other websites). It usually started better, when I continued to surf the web. Not always, but more often than just trying to start the game without other apps running (after about 10 unsuccessful tries I usually play RnL or CoH). Weird.

Upvote 0
This sounds like voodoo, but I have almost the same experience. I first noticed it when I started the game for the nth time with the hope that it would finally come up and continued reading and scrolling the forums (or other websites). It usually started better, when I continued to surf the web. Not always, but more often than just trying to start the game without other apps running (after about 10 unsuccessful tries I usually play RnL or CoH). Weird.

Try to surf the web on the first try instead, and give me some news.
I am pretty sure it have something to do with memory allocation or something like that.

Upvote 0