• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Iceberg to publish Killing Floor in Europe

Awesome! I can't wait to start buying it in boxes. I'm at 4 copies on Steam and I'm happy to re-buy to get the cool packaging (and so I can play without Steam). I feel bad when I make someone install Steam just to play it. I also heard that every boxed copy of the game comes with a signed picture of Alex putting a signed picture of Alex in every boxed copy :D

Upvote 0
I'm at 4 copies on Steam and I'm happy to re-buy to get the cool packaging (and so I can play without Steam).
Won't work, I'm afraid. It's a steam game. Like RO, if you have the physical copy you basically just buy the key to unlock it on steam as if you bought it on steam but if you want to install it you can chose (!) to use your cds/dvd instead of downloading the game.

Upvote 0
Having some concerns:

I hope this will not cause Steam to "adjust" their price according to the price of the retail version which will be higher, I suppose?

And I think they can not distribute it in Germany due to the gore level unless you mitigate it a lot. Because retail games are inspected by an authority here in Germany. And then the Steam version digitally distributed to customers in Germany would have to be adjusted in the same way. That's what it is about with Left4Dead. Both retail and Steam version are mitigated in Germany.

Probably people in Germany who already own the Steam version are getting kind of a mitigation patch. That's what happened with HL2. Customers in Germany got this mitigation patch and they couldn't do anything about it.

So sorry for my pessimism and I hope my fears won't come true but until then I'm quite unsure if this is good news from my point of view.

Upvote 0
[url]http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/10851797/Killing-Floor/Product.html#[/URL]

Says it's out tomorrow (Friday 7th). Great boxart :)

10851797x.jpg

Upvote 0