• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

how much would you pay for RO HOS?

how much would you pay for RO HOS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
at the end of the day it's just a game. anything above 50 is just ridiculous and not viable unless you want to lose sales.

Indeed, $50 bux is the butterzone, any less and people will assume it's a poor budget title, and any more and people will feel they are beeing greedy (and RO is not a well established franchise that people will pay extra for, this is only the second game, and the first game TWI is making on a big budget).

Upvote 0
at the end of the day it's just a game. anything above 50 is just ridiculous and not viable unless you want to lose sales.
Obviously ... that 100 dollar figure simply speaks to people's support of the game, but I don't think anyone would recommend that price, or any price above 50 dollars.

Upvote 0
I think since TWI does not make use of megalomaniac marketing machines and departments neither campaigns, an extraorbitant price of 100$ would be a bit too much for my taste.
But KF and RO have both brought a lot of excitement and fun into many homes including mine and connected me to a large number of similarly minded people TY TWI for that!!!!!
Therefore I would not hesitate to buy it for a price around 40$-50$.
But as someone mentioned earlier already, we are the ones interested in it from the start so a poll among us might not be very representative, apart from the fact that so far only a pretty small number of ppl has participated in it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
An innovative marketing idea would be something like this :

• RO2:HOS download/box version : 39,99 €
For new-comers and people who don't want fancy stuff in addition to the game.

• RO2:HOS fanboy version : 89,99 €
For fanboys who would like to support TWI as they think its due.
Maybe add some book (history like History of the places the game depicts, or history of the game creeation with artworks, roughs, ideas, renders etc like an artbook), or something else looking fancy, including DLC's that dont upgrade gameplay, just relative to look.

It would be innovative to let the player choose what price he would like to pay : like 39,99 the lowest price available to 89,99. I might purchase the game at the highest price :)

Oh, and btw, i would be glad to make/or helping that Artbook/History of the game book TWI :) :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
An innovative marketing idea would be something like this :

• RO2:HOS download/box version : 39,99 €
For new-comers and people who don't want fancy stuff in addition to the game.

• RO2:HOS fanboy version : 89,99 €
For fanboys who would like to support TWI as they think its due.
Maybe add some book (history like History of the places the game depicts, or history of the game creeation with artworks, roughs, ideas, renders etc like an artbook), or something else looking fancy, including DLC's that dont upgrade gameplay, just relative to look.

It would be innovative to let the player choose what price he would like to pay : like 39,99 the lowest price available to 89,99. I might purchase the game at the highest price :)

Oh, and btw, i would be glad to make/or helping that Artbook/History of the game book TWI :) :rolleyes:

I was also thinking of suggesting something like pay what you think it is worth (if i am not mistaken the music industry and some bands have made use of it already). But, arent most ppl and i have to include myself, always trying to get the best(lowest) price for a/the desired product?
I am not sure but i might end up having a moral dilemma when i would have to choose a price and unless some substantial additions were made I guess I wouldnt pay more than I would really need to.
Anyways a minimum price would be a good barrier to die hard capitalist behaviour!
Great idea Miro!

Upvote 0
I do hope for a somewhat deluxe edition that perhaps will include all future dlc for free. And if there will be advertisements in the game that the deluxe edition will be add free.

I would seriously offer some additional money for not having to buy stuff down the line and not having adds in my face.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I do hope for a somewhat deluxe edition that perhaps will include all future dlc for free. And in case of advertisements will be in the game like in kf will be add free.

I would seriously offer some additional money for not having to buy stuff down the line.

Good thing you bring up this idea again, I seriously hope TWI considers it, I like it a lot.

:IS2:

Upvote 0
$40 is fair and what I expect to pay. However, I would pay $50. If it is any higher than $50 (but below $60) I will still likely buy it but be very pissed off and expect a multiple orgasm each time i play. Anything over that and I will find something else to do with my time. Topic closed...I have spoken.

What's wrong with $50? that is the standard price for all AAA production games, which RO:HoS is, this is not an indie budget title like the first one was, but has cost them a lot of money to make, so i expect it to sell for $50 like any other big budget PC title.

How they will price pre-orders and how long the game will stay at full price is a different matter though.

I do hope for a somewhat deluxe edition that perhaps will include all future dlc for free. And if there will be advertisements in the game that the deluxe edition will be add free.

I would seriously offer some additional money for not having to buy stuff down the line and not having adds in my face.

A RO:HoS deluxe edition just woulden't be propper unless it comes bundled with a Mosin Nagant rifle, and the disc in an old Ukranian ammo tin, make it so TWI! :D

Upvote 0