• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Hidden And Dangerous 2 Review

A screenie from one of my favorite missions:

It was such an awesome gaming moment when I advanced to the camp after I killed most of the Germans there with a sniper on top of the ice hill, covered by a rifleman next to him and two SMG men covering the ways up, listening to eventual Krauts inside of the buildings and suddenly a part of the ice-shell broke off and steamingly crashed into the water.:eek:

Upvote 0
It is a crying shame that H&D2 multiplayer sux a55 so badly.

Presuming if we do not count in rather high rate of nadespam and more or less used medkits, what's wrong with H&D2 MP? Maybe it is not like "RO goes western front", but really, what else is wrong about it? It is great fun.

Especially at servers where medkits and nades are both disabled.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Anybody knows what map is that screenshot from? (It's on the Sabre Squadron box) Thanks in advance.

hd2ss02.jpg

Upvote 0
Looks like Ardennes2.

God, I love that map. Whether I'm playing tactical, Jeep rally or just cruising in the Tiger...
It's so... Lovely. :D
Never got to play it :(

I seem to join the servers on the wrong hours or they ain't a lot of people still playing mp. I had some memorable frantic moments on Normandy2 though :D

Upvote 0
Well, I just finished playing H&D2 for the second time and Sabre Squadron for the first time.

Enjoyed every minute of it :) Even Sabre Squadron's missions quality isn't as consistant as H&D2 ones, they are still great.

Conclusion H&D2 SP still remains a monster as far as details in uniforms and settings, level design and overall gameplay is concerned, all that knowing it's an old game from the time they used to privilege content and length instead of simply graphics.

@Sgt.Henry: I remember you and Dragon2k used to play H&D 2 a lot, so if you know of any good populated servers feel free to tell me about them. :)

Upvote 0