• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Hidden And Dangerous 2 Review

You know, the game is so much better if you try to get one enemy soldier to surrender at the start of a certain mission. (e.g. Abn-Sin-Oan, etc)

Then take his uniform walking through the German/Italian/Japanese bases, kill some now and then, and when they are weakend, smashing them with 3 SAS guys running with guns blazing. :D

It does take more time though, but that's fine. :D

Upvote 0
H&D 1 is the game that got me into tactical games. :)
i played through it whole, and through its addon too.
then i got H&D2 on the release day, and played through that whole too, and later on i got the addon for that game too, and finished it too :)
just saying, there arent a lot of games that i play through till the end, but with H&D i did :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Cool to see some big H&D fans! H&D 1& 2 where a blast.

When H&D 2 came out 4 of us picked it up to play LAN co-op against the AI. It made the game stand out for us, wether we snuk thru the gates of "Brest" or where blasting across the bridge in Italy we had to work well as a team.
I still get chills thinking of the Normandy map to rescue the trapped U.S. soldiers. The bombed out streets where incredible, It was like they took a street sceen right out of "A Bridge Too Far" when the Brits where holding back the German counter attack.
One thing tho, when one of those AI tanks saw you, that turret could spin in an instant!:(

Great game!

Upvote 0
Yeah! I got H&D2 this week and so far I've been figting my way through the first mission. I played the demo a while back so I knew what to expect. Its a really cool game. There are many nice little details, like that you have to click once to bring up your weapons before you can shoot.

As great as the game is, there are still a few noticable flaws. The worst part about it is the clumsy controls in the tactical mode. That could have been done much better. That and a few other technical things. Other than that I really like it.

PS:
Oh, when I had to go into that underground compound alone, I wanted to have a wider selection of weapons for my rambo-soldier in the next sub-mission, so I stripped everyone else. When I placed the explosives and collected the intel and I finally came back up to my mates I wanted to give them their weapons back, but the supply-window was completely empty (because you can't resupply your team from sub-mission to sub-mission.
Well, I managed to scam a few rifles off some krauts who landed their, but my own weapons would have worked much better I think.
Ah, well. It was a cool situation anyway so looking back I can't say that that bug was all too bad. And next time I'll know better.:)

Upvote 0
It is not a bug. It is a feature. Weapons left behind cannot be retrieved like in H&D1 :p
I didn't leave them behind. In the first mission, you have to get to the entrance of an underground laboratory of some sort and three of your men have to wait while one goes down and finishes the second mission. When you come back, your other three men are still there. No weapons were left behind. They were just teleported away, or destroyed, or eaten. I don't know.

Upvote 0
It doesn't make sense in this particular situation though, because even if I left that stuff behind, it would still be there.:p

I know its basically a feature and I think its a nice one. It makes the sub-missions of missions appear more cohesive and one isn't tempted to start a massive over-kill at the end of a sub-mission to waste everything that can't be taken on to the next assignment, because you never know if you might need it for one more sub-mission.

There are quite a few quirks in the game, some of which bigger than other ones, but overall its a great game.

Upvote 0
You know, the game is so much better if you try to get one enemy soldier to surrender at the start of a certain mission. (e.g. Abn-Sin-Oan, etc)

Then take his uniform walking through the German/Italian/Japanese bases, kill some now and then, and when they are weakend, smashing them with 3 SAS guys running with guns blazing. :D

It does take more time though, but that's fine. :D

I remember sneaking through one of the German bases during a sandstorm and ended up slitting the throats of all the troops in the trench system - rather nasty business but silent..

Upvote 0
Whoaaaaa....

I got the HnD2 demo. It kicks ass, even though it didn't come with a manual; I'm always learning new things about it, but the tactical mode has me mystified...all I know how to do is set their mentalities and stuff, and do the voice/hand commands.

And I would also like to know: would it be worth it to download HnD 1? (I'm not concerned at all with graphics, even if they do look worse than HL1 :rolleyes:)

Upvote 0
Whoaaaaa....

I got the HnD2 demo. It kicks ass, even though it didn't come with a manual; I'm always learning new things about it, but the tactical mode has me mystified...all I know how to do is set their mentalities and stuff, and do the voice/hand commands.

And I would also like to know: would it be worth it to download HnD 1? (I'm not concerned at all with graphics, even if they do look worse than HL1 :rolleyes:)

Well , you cant beat "free". Imo the tac mode in hd1 is allot better, & the narrators voice/music. There are many missions too. The download version is all patched up too. my 2c.

Upvote 0
heh, I just about finished HnD1. I only haven't gotten the Partisan missions done. :rolleyes:

Quite a few of the missions of HnD1 are a real pain in the ass, I will admit. There are, however, some missions that are a hell of a lot of fun to play; the "Rescue the Pilots" mission in the trainyard is a lot of fun...I spent the first time through crawling all the way to the spotlight then moving onto the other objectives...but then I got lazy the second time around and used a truck! :D

Aside from the Heavy Water Plant, assault defence, and the lost paratrooper missions, the mansion was a very fun one too, you'd be rolling around corners shooting Germans who are unlucky enough to get in the way of your Sten! I know which missions were a lot of fun when I didn't mind my troopers being shot, lawl...

The tactical mode of HnD1 is a lot simpler (but effective) than what I've seen in the HnD2 demo, even though the AI in HnD1 is a bit on the hax side (and my AI buddies are rather stupid, Friendly Fire up the ass!)

I need to get my hands on HnD2, just because! It's becoming quite rare though D:

Upvote 0
Jhaxavier said:
I need to get my hands on HnD2, just because! It's becoming quite rare though D:
Definitely get H&D2, totally rocks, try to get "H&D2 Courage Under Fire" it's H&D2 with the "Sabre Squadron" add-on that brings 9 new missions!

On a sidenote, I never been arsed to try and play with a squad and the tactical mode, always only played the "Lonewolf" mode. :D

Upvote 0