• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Had you already think about a pricing launch of the game?

It doesn't cost customer anything above normal price.

E.g. when you buy new Worms on steam, then you get extra stuff for Team Fortress 2. Guess what, friend of mine bought Worms only to get hat for TF2.

I'm not telling that Killing Floor players (which I'm one of them too) should buy new RO:HoS only for extra skins, but it's one of the commercial methods which is reasonable and offer nice bonus for customer. So devs can say "Thank you" in that way to their fans.

Also I prefer such things than 10 euro DLCs with 2 missing maps and weapons from main game.

Anyway, I think if there will be demo or not of new Red Orchestra, It would be nice to get invite code to share it with friends and convince infidels to RO ;)

Upvote 0
It doesn't cost customer anything above normal price.

E.g. when you buy new Worms on steam, then you get extra stuff for Team Fortress 2. Guess what, friend of mine bought Worms only to get hat for TF2.

I'm not telling that Killing Floor players (which I'm one of them too) should buy new RO:HoS only for extra skins, but it's one of the commercial methods which is reasonable and offer nice bonus for customer. So devs can say "Thank you" in that way to their fans.

Also I prefer such things than 10 euro DLCs with 2 missing maps and weapons from main game.

Anyway, I think if there will be demo or not of new Red Orchestra, It would be nice to get invite code to share it with friends and convince infidels to RO ;)

gotta love all this faking like you care about how tripwire is doing. oh lets put in these dlcs so they can make extra sales...ridiculous. the only reason you want dlcs is because you want dlcs. it's fine to just ask for it, but trying to justify it with that is pretty low.

"it's one of the commercial methods" is not a good argument for anything. i follow tripwire around because their games are exactly the opposite of the current commercial trends. as soon as that stops, i'll go elsewhere.

Reactions: Hans Ludwig
Upvote 0
I'm not fan of DLC which are offered by AAA companies. It's purely sucking money from customers from already sold game. No game updates, but all new stuff is sell as DLC. That's just wrong.

Take a look how works Tripwires DLC for Killing Floor. They added tons of free stuff, updates and fixes, meanwhile releasing couple skins for 3 or 4 euros which don't change anything in gameplay, so those are purely optional.

Also nobody says so far that TWI wants to release any kind of payment content for HoS, so your statement is just wrong.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Would you (TWI) care for a model of pre purchase and get access to the alpha and beta? This would do the following things:
1. get TWI early money (depends if needed)
2. get the game to the reliable fans (reliable fans spend money)
3. gets early feedback that can help produce a better game (if the feedback is constructive)
4. might improve positive feedback (to the outside, if its already a good game)

The issues that might come with it (oh why am I writing those :()
1. early impression might fuel negative image/publicity (if it is still "bad")
2. too many different opinions lead to heated early debates over core features (like now, only that we have a source, the game)

Natural Selection 2 does/did it and Men of War Assault Squad is doing something similar. I wish you guys would do it, too and I'd be happy to hop onto the train early (please don't read the negative points). :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Why all the fuss..The game will be value for money in any currency.:D

You only have to look at the games features and compare them to games that are releasing this year.
TWI are a small company BUT the plans and development for Heroes of stalingrad are and have been top notch.

The scope and features included are in access of many other AAA titles from far richer and well known publishers/developers.

There is a beta planned for late this year (hopefully) and if you can get hold of a key you can sample before you buy.

In addition they have a policy of community inclusion which means they listen and help their community and interact on a daily basis to supply as much information on the features and news they release.

Obviously they don't want to release everything about the game now as its still in an alpha state and they do like to hold on to some surprises for us..lol.. but they don't talk around things and they don't try to feed their customers with false hope via an economnic use of the truth.

I personally believe that Heroes will be the sneak hit of 2011 not because its to be released in Q1 which is traditionally quiet for the big pub houses but because it will finally give both ordinary PC gamers and a great many clans the chance to run their own servers their own way without being forced to rent a server from a GSP and with all the freedom to run mods and custom maps and still allow everyone to enjoy an acheivement and ranking system.

You will be able to run ranked or unranked servers and from anywhere between 16 and 64 player.
A relaxed realism mode to allow new gamers to ease their way into the game and eventually move upto the tougher hardcore realism mode.

It will also hopefully have ROTV to allow for matchplay broadcasts and the game will support 64bit for both client and servers side.

Add to that a singleplayer allowing you to play either Russian or German.
A Co-op mode and a campaign mode that allows servers to connect maps in a virtual online campaign.
3 new gametypes apart from the original territory mode.

Modders and mappers will have all the tools shortly after release and TWI will actively support them as they have consitantly proved with the current mods for ROOST, which were all given a full release on steam by TWI.
I have read that they are even talking about repeating their mapping contest for ROOST and possibly adding the winners to a full steam patch for heroes.

I'm not sure how much MOH or COD:BO for instance are coming with but that cut down list seems pretty hard to top features wise.

Anyway the choice is upto gamers themselves but in this age of constant let downs from other more well known publishers and developers maybe its time to throw some support behind a developer who is building a game that has all the features we have all seen being eroded from the more popular titles.

Maybe voting with our wallets for something that actually gives us everything we want will send a clear message to the rest of the TWI's rivals rather than some half baked petition that simply gets ignored...lol

They'll be getting my money and all of my clan mates just as soon as they announce the pre-order and for once I know that i'll be getting exactly what I was promised on the box..

Last edited:
Reactions: Witzig and Floyd
Upvote 0
I'm not fan of DLC which are offered by AAA companies. It's purely sucking money from customers from already sold game. No game updates, but all new stuff is sell as DLC. That's just wrong.

Take a look how works Tripwires DLC for Killing Floor. They added tons of free stuff, updates and fixes, meanwhile releasing couple skins for 3 or 4 euros which don't change anything in gameplay, so those are purely optional.

Also nobody says so far that TWI wants to release any kind of payment content for HoS, so your statement is just wrong.
Agreed. I really was relieved when TWI used the DLC model that it did for Killing Floor. I don't mind people paying for purely aesthetic stuff, but I hate it when game developers knowingly withhold important content from the game's first release, just so they can package it into a pay-for-DLC and milk their consumer base more.

Case in point: Mafia II recently. Anyone notice that they already released a DLC pack? COME ON! The game has been out for what, like a week? That's just sleazy.

Upvote 0
Why all the fuss..The game will be value for money in any currency.:D

You only have to look at the games features and compare them to games that are releasing this year.
TWI are a small company BUT the plans and development for Heroes of stalingrad are and have been top notch.

The scope and features included are in access of many other AAA titles from far richer and well known publishers/developers.

There is a beta planned for late this year (hopefully) and if you can get hold of a key you can sample before you buy.

In addition they have a policy of community inclusion which means they listen and help their community and interact on a daily basis to supply as much information on the features and news they release.

Obviously they don't want to release everything about the game now as its still in an alpha state and they do like to hold on to some surprises for us..lol.. but they don't talk around things and they don't try to feed their customers with false hope via an economnic use of the truth.

I personally believe that Heroes will be the sneak hit of 2011 not because its to be released in Q1 which is traditionally quiet for the big pub houses but because it will finally give both ordinary PC gamers and a great many clans the chance to run their own servers their own way without being forced to rent a server from a GSP and with all the freedom to run mods and custom maps and still allow everyone to enjoy an acheivement and ranking system.

You will be able to run ranked or unranked servers and from anywhere between 16 and 64 player.
A relaxed realism mode to allow new gamers to ease their way into the game and eventually move upto the tougher hardcore realism mode.

It will also hopefully have ROTV to allow for matchplay broadcasts and the game will support 64bit for both client and servers side.

Add to that a singleplayer allowing you to play either Russian or German.
A Co-op mode and a campaign mode that allows servers to connect maps in a virtual online campaign.
3 new gametypes apart from the original territory mode.

Modders and mappers will have all the tools shortly after release and TWI will actively support them as they have consitantly proved with the current mods for ROOST, which were all given a full release on steam by TWI.
I have read that they are even talking about repeating their mapping contest for ROOST and possibly adding the winners to a full steam patch for heroes.

I'm not sure how much MOH or COD:BO for instance are coming with but that cut down list seems pretty hard to top features wise.

Anyway the choice is upto gamers themselves but in this age of constant let downs from other more well known publishers and developers maybe its time to throw some support behind a developer who is building a game that has all the features we have all seen being eroded from the more popular titles.

Maybe voting with our wallets for something that actually gives us everything we want will send a clear message to the rest of the TWI's rivals rather than some half baked petition that simply gets ignored...lol

They'll be getting my money and all of my clan mates just as soon as they announce the pre-order and for once I know that i'll be getting exactly what I was promised on the box..
Well said, Butch.
Color emphasis is mine.

Upvote 0
For retail, $50-60. Maybe you could push $70 since HoS is looking more insanely awesome by the day. For a really good collector's edition, over $100.

I think I've just gotten old and crusty, but I really dislike spending the $50+ for a new title.. and if they made Rojos $70, no way it'd buy that price retail.

If it's a Collectors Edition that comes with trinkets, then I'd pay more (even > $100 if it's some really nice kid toys in with it!).. I don't mind spending money for tangible items, but extra funds for strictly digital or 'in game' items don't sway me much.

I realize I'm probably in the minority with my opinions.. ie: I know with my gaming clan will drop $60 on anything that is new and shiny, even if it's a big PoS or the company treats their community like lepers.

I'll likely end up buying it regardless of the pricing so I can support the In Country team with testing and here-and-there work, but if it wasn't for that, I'd prefer to spend $35 to $45 on the top end for a new title. (I usually wait till a game is < $20 to buy via Steam sale...)

Upvote 0
If it's a Collectors Edition that comes with trinkets, then I'd pay more (even > $100 if it's some really nice kid toys in with it!).. I don't mind spending money for tangible items, but extra funds for strictly digital or 'in game' items don't sway me much.

I'm absolutely there with you. I would have even broken my vow to never buy another COD title if they'd made the version with the night vision goggles available for PC, too.

Upvote 0
Agreed. I really was relieved when TWI used the DLC model that it did for Killing Floor. I don't mind people paying for purely aesthetic stuff, but I hate it when game developers knowingly withhold important content from the game's first release, just so they can package it into a pay-for-DLC and milk their consumer base more.

Case in point: Mafia II recently. Anyone notice that they already released a DLC pack? COME ON! The game has been out for what, like a week? That's just sleazy.

I have to agree with the above statement. I know this might spark nerves and I do not intend for it to. I would pay extra for some new skins in game. That is if they were done professionally. I do not want to take away from the modding community in any way. However I believe there are quite a few people that would pay a few bucks to get skins for soldiers/vehicles. I know that Tripwire probably would not do this however if it was offered I would purchase.

Upvote 0