• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Gunslinger Perk - Yes or No?

Gunslinger Perk - Yes or No?

• Total voters
Yeah, I can probably get someone else in the KFDWT to animate it and get it in-game, the biggest obstacle for this gun atm is the modelling and texturing part.

Actually Modeling a revolver isn't as hard as you think it is, I mean, I've never modeled a revolver because I'm not a modeler but if you break it up and think of the revolver as individual pieces (the barrel, the reloading chamber, ect) I'm sure one would find it a lot easier than well how you originally thought.

Upvote 0
Actually Modeling a revolver isn't as hard as you think it is, I mean, I've never modeled a revolver because I'm not a modeler but if you break it up and think of the revolver as individual pieces (the barrel, the reloading chamber, ect) I'm sure one would find it a lot easier than well how you originally thought.

Don't tell me how hard a revolver is and then say you're not a modeller, do you even have any experience or proof that revolvers are easy?

Upvote 0
Voted No, on the basis that I'd rather see TWI balance/improve existing perks, as opposed to try to implement a new one.

For another thing, I just don't like the way that dual-weapons are implemented, especially weight-wise. It's 4 blocks of weight for a second 9mm... 4 blocks for a handcannon, but no blocks for a second handcannon. The only thing I could say when I first encountered that, was "Lolwut?"

Switching between single- and dual-guns should be something you should be able to do regardless of having a perk for it or not.

I saw some really nice suggestions for using ZED time to make this perk cool, however. The idea of getting ZED time kills to advance certainly appeals to me.

Ultimately, however, what finalized my vote was the waking nightmares I began having of dual-wielding super-noobs throwing handguns back and forth at each other, and flooding the streets of West London with 9mm handguns, typing "lolololol" in chat.

Upvote 0
Voted No, on the basis that I'd rather see TWI balance/improve existing perks, as opposed to try to implement a new one.

For another thing, I just don't like the way that dual-weapons are implemented, especially weight-wise. It's 4 blocks of weight for a second 9mm... 4 blocks for a handcannon, but no blocks for a second handcannon. The only thing I could say when I first encountered that, was "Lolwut?"

Switching between single- and dual-guns should be something you should be able to do regardless of having a perk for it or not.

I saw some really nice suggestions for using ZED time to make this perk cool, however. The idea of getting ZED time kills to advance certainly appeals to me.

Ultimately, however, what finalized my vote was the waking nightmares I began having of dual-wielding super-noobs throwing handguns back and forth at each other, and flooding the streets of West London with 9mm handguns, typing "lolololol" in chat.

This perk would balance out the sharpshooter perk. The others would remain there, though, but at least it partially fulfills that.

That weight thing is considered a bug. Haven't I put in the OP that it'd be better to fix that? If I didn't, I'll put it right away. There's just no explanation as to why having one or two handcannons weight the same, or one 9mm weights just as much as two handcannons.

True.

=D

As for the nightmarish thing there, I'll quote 9_6.

What.

Upvote 0
If this gunslinger perk does go through and gets a magnum revolver, it's gonna need a quote that refers to Dirty Harry when the player switches to the revolver, or something. (Not a 100% exact quote, but something that still feelslike Killing Floor.)

"Come you rotten buggers, make my day!"

Something along the lines of that. :p

Upvote 0

My bad, I forgot to put ":p" in there. It's a joke, see. :p

brphoenix, if you did put the weight issue in the OP, I surely overlooked it. I have to give you credit for being detailed, though.

In review, I believe my general distaste for the idea came from the fact that I looked at the original thread; at some point someone suggested giving this perk the medic's increased movement speed, in addition to some bile resistance. It seems that brphoenix made no such recommendation in this present thread... which I do indeed appreciate. (Of course, I didn't comb all 33 pages. :p )

Still, it seems a little on the lacklustre side, to me. Don't get me wrong - it's not that I don't support getting a new perk, and I've personally thought about how it would be neat if there was some kind of "dual-wieldy" perk... I just can't think of any positive recommendation at the moment.

As for the idea of there being a revolver in the game, that would be very nice. Revolvers are just cool. :)

Upvote 0
I can't decide whether it'd be worth implementing or not...

On the one hand it'd be nice to see another perk and some new weapons rather than new weapons for existing perks which will only make things more unbalanced (or they'll just be useless). But on the other i just don't see there being enough of a difference between the Gunslinger and Sharpshooter.

If you remove pistol bonus' from the Sharpshooter the SS has bugger all choice (i'm sure this has been stated before that it wouldn't be removed, or it just wouldn't apply to dual wield). And it doesn't really sound like the Gunslinger would have much choice either. Dual 9mm is a piss poor weapon choice because of the huge carry capacity amongst other things (including the fact it weighs the same as the Handcannons) and a single 9mm would just be laughable as the SS would get superior damage through headshots. Handcannons would need a massive increase in the max ammo capacity to really be viable for a Gunslinger and a S&W does sound cool but really, how is it any use compared with the M14 which can empty its huge clip in seconds. Besides, you couldn't implement a very powerful and accurate revolver without also adding it to the sharpshooter as it just wouldn't make sense.

It would be nice to see a perk based around Pistols but i just don't think theres enough to seperate it from a Sharpshooter. Really the current game needs a major balance overhaul before something new can really be considered. Aside from other incredibly frustrating problems with the current game, frankly i'm getting sick of weapons being seperated as 'Primary, Secondary and Special'. Would it really be that hard to allow you customise your weapon selection choices for each perk?

Upvote 0
Balls I post this here to. Might get a view or 2

Undedd Jester said:
Pistoleer, original name for the Gunslinger. I personally think that if added, the Pistoleer/Gunslinger should be a weapon that gets dual wield bonuses along with the usual damage ones, and the name Dualist sounds alot better than Gunslinger in my opinion.

Would be awesome to see with an alt fire click you pull one hand holding the gun under your other arm (like the tactical knife in CoDMW2 much as I hate that game) and go into reguar iron sights on 1 pistol

In terms of a special abiity, resistance to siren screams would be interesting being as its a class that would dual with opponents, and reduced effects on screen altering events (Such as bloat bile, siren scream shake, stalker scrape, etc).

Special gun... erm some kind of magnum as has been suggested in the GUnslinger thread.

Upvote 0
I don't understand the focus on weapon "choice" for perks like Sharpshooter.

Firebug gets a flamethrower. No bonus with anything else.
Commando gets bonuses for his main weapons.
Support has bonuses for shotguns and grenade capacity.
Demolitions has bonuses exclusively for the other explodey weapons.

Why should Sharpshooter get bonuses for sidearms AND his primary weapons?

Upvote 0
I'm getting pretty tired of seeing people write "I'd rather see the Tripwire Interactive team work on something more important/work on the balancing issues first," for one of their reasons as to why this perk shouldn't be added.

For one, that doesn't really address any truly legit reason. I mean, all right, then, the perk could be added after they take care of those issues. It could be worked on whenever those folks at TWI have the time (I know they're currently working on RO:HoS). But, really, that goes for any suggestion that is worthy of being implemented: it could be the greatest idea, but the resources may not be available. Right now, that's a given, but it's not a reason for why that suggestion is a bad idea.

A valid reason for disliking the Gunslinger perk would be, "Its suggested role(s) is already filled by X perk(s)/it's not unique enough/it doesn't bring enough to the table," and so on. Now those're conversation pieces (as much as those of us who

Upvote 0
I'm getting pretty tired of seeing people write "I'd rather see the Tripwire Interactive team work on something more important/work on the balancing issues first," for one of their reasons as to why this perk shouldn't be added.

For one, that doesn't really address any truly legit reason. I mean, all right, then, the perk could be added after they take care of those issues. It could be worked on whenever those folks at TWI have the time (I know they're currently working on RO:HoS). But, really, that goes for any suggestion that is worthy of being implemented: it could be the greatest idea, but the resources may not be available. Right now, that's a given, but it's not a reason for why that suggestion is a bad idea.

A valid reason for disliking the Gunslinger perk would be, "Its suggested role(s) is already filled by X perk(s)/it's not unique enough/it doesn't bring enough to the table," and so on. Now those're conversation pieces (as much as those of us who

Upvote 0
I don't understand the focus on weapon "choice" for perks like Sharpshooter.

Firebug gets a flamethrower. No bonus with anything else.
Commando gets bonuses for his main weapons.
Support has bonuses for shotguns and grenade capacity.
Demolitions has bonuses exclusively for the other explodey weapons.

Why should Sharpshooter get bonuses for sidearms AND his primary weapons?

Yeah. Sharpshooter loses pistols as weapons for his perk, Gunslinger gains pistols for his perk. Even if he still uses them, Sharpshooter loses the bodyshot damage boost. Gunslinger gets a bodyshot boost, and a headshot boost that is 50% as much as the bodyshot. So 50% bodyshot, 25% headshot.

With 9mms, HCs and a S&W the Gunslinger would be perfectly fine.

Sharpshooter's magazine (not clip) carrying capacity with the M14EBR would be cut down to 6+1, made to weight 1 more block, while the LAR was reduced by 1 as is the Xbow.

This solves the problem of Sharpshooter relying on pistols, and balances the noob weapon's insane ammo capacity.

It also validates Gunslinger using pistols.

Upvote 0
Yeah. Sharpshooter loses pistols as weapons for his perk, Gunslinger gains pistols for his perk. Even if he still uses them, Sharpshooter loses the bodyshot damage boost. Gunslinger gets a bodyshot boost, and a headshot boost that is 50% as much as the bodyshot. So 50% bodyshot, 25% headshot.

With 9mms, HCs and a S&W the Gunslinger would be perfectly fine.

Sharpshooter's magazine (not clip) carrying capacity with the M14EBR would be cut down to 6+1, made to weight 1 more block, while the LAR was reduced by 1 as is the Xbow.

This solves the problem of Sharpshooter relying on pistols, and balances the noob weapon's insane ammo capacity.

It also validates Gunslinger using pistols.

COrrect me if I'm wrong, but did you say gunslingers would get headshot bonuses? I just don't think it makes any sense at all. Personally, I'd prefer if they did not have such bonus, and instead a ZED-time related damage bonus. It's original, powerful, has a connection with teamwork (with a commando/zerker, you can deal more damage for longer times) and doesn't encroach on Sharpshooter's territory.

Upvote 0

Upvote 0