• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Gore Level

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interested

Interested

I am only interested in the Gore options. So much and no more. The nazi signs are not important because the Propaganda posters were in game, with only cuttet swastikas. I think they made a good job there because Call of duty did it on the same way.

Main reason for the goreinterest: This is a simulation. If the game alowes it, I want it as heavy as it goes. The game alowes it and why I shouldnt activated it?? This gore makes a real antiwargame out of it!! I love antiwar.

At the moment its more a minimization of war.

Upvote 0
Nyles said:
"Brothers in Arms" has SS troops in as well and it's still allowed in Germany, so don't worry too much here.
But you can not play them...that is the difference.

But our laws here in germany are so dumb...
The best thing about BpJM and USK is: Both are offencing against EU-law!

And to nazi insignias: I do not need them, so it is fine when there are no in a game, but when there are swastikas /etc... in a game, they should leave it there or cut the whole flag out, but never replace the swastika itself! It is looking stupid when you have a nazi flag with an iron cross and not a swastika in it...destroys the whole atmosphere - all realistic, and then this...

Upvote 0
Helmi said:
Why can't you people just shut up about this stupid govt. stuff.
It's getting old...

I tell you what:
It's not the Devs responsibility to prevent us from seeing this on the internet or to fulfil German law outside of the country's territory!
Since the game was sold online, and Valve is a US company, US laws apply.

If our govt wanted us not to see they better censor the whole internet right away (think the Chinese way!) to prevent us from buying stuff online and seeing these images posted on the net!

OMG, don't you see the hypocrisy?

Helmi,

Sorry, but it is not correct that US laws apply exclusively. If Valve is allowing customers located in Germany to purchase/license the game, mandatory German laws will apply, especially in the consumer area. There is NO way to exclude these laws, if you want to conduct business in the respective country.

This is especially true with respect to any criminal code (Strafgesetzbuch). The showing of some symbols from the Third Reich in several circumstances (including games) constitutes a crime. While the US will probably not hand over any US executive to the German officials so that he can imprisoned in Germany, the respective US executive would not be able to travel to Germany without the risk of being arrested and imprisoned - most people would want to prevent this ;).

The gore in the game is a different thing. This is NOT covered by the criminal code and it is generally NO prohibited to have the gore in a game in Germany, but the game might be subject to certain age limitations. If the game publisher does not comply, it may be subject to fines etc. What companies often do is that they simply tie the level of gore to either the "regional and language" settings of your Windows (which can be changed by the user pretty easily) or to the

Upvote 0
:D
Richard_B. said:
And when will you learn that this will not change anything...
I mean, this is the third time you are posting this, and this is also the third time we are saying you that this is I-M-P-O-S-S-I-B-L-E.
The only way to change the laws would be a putsch:)eek:), and I do not really think it would be successful. But you are allowed to come and try it...

that was my first post in this thread???no disrepect i only posted that comment once so dont know were you got the idea ive multiple posted... this thread will no0t change anything.. you have to abide by your goverments laws, unless you want to change the local laws. so vote.. or live with the concsiquencies ...:) bottom line it aint tripwires fault its your government's fault ffs so vote...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
:(
Helmi said:
Why can't you people just shut up about this stupid govt. stuff.
It's getting old...

I tell you what:
It's not the Devs responsibility to prevent us from seeing this on the internet or to fulfil German law outside of the country's territory!
Since the game was sold online, and Valve is a US company, US laws apply.

If our govt wanted us not to see they better censor the whole internet right away (think the Chinese way!) to prevent us from buying stuff online and seeing these images posted on the net!

OMG, don't you see the hypocrisy?
why cant i shut about your stupid goverment stuff its getting old.
i personally dont care about stupid government stuff m8 as the government i have got, aint censored the game( so i can play the game as it is meant to be played) un like certain goverments why post helmi if its just to flame:)

but you are right about 1 thing this thread is getting old:(

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think its simple, steam probably doesn't want to sell 18+ games, and bold probably doesnt want that aswell.

There is a reason why there was a new version of GTA made after the hot coffee mod, that would raise the rating to 18+ instead of 16+.

Now you ask why doesn't steam want to sell 18+ games, they want to be trustworthy to browse for younger people, without the hassle of a real id check.
For bold games its that alot of shops dont want 18+ games, and bold wants to sell.

Upvote 0
Coffus said:
But even a half swastika is disallowed in Germany.
Well, from the legal point of view you can not call it "a swastika" as it's a "half-swastika", thus known as "a symbol". Moreover, if we don’t have a definition of "half-swastika" in German law, and I think we don’t - then, you can not define "half-swastika" as "a swastika", which, as I presume, holds its own definition. We can go on and on about art and educational purposes, but really aren’t you guys tired of all this legal crap? I'm not german, but I feel bad that you have to live with this political and legal marasmus :(

getting off the topic but is there handcuffs involved in this i hope so if you want to pm me feel free
ras likes to watch....

Upvote 0
Helmi said:
Exactly, that's the whole point.

In this game, you can reenact (sort of) as those evil, bad, malicious SS troops.
Uhhh, how bad!

Needs to be forbidden at once!

If you can fight and kill them, that's only good, at least in the eyes of our twisted juridical system.
It is not of interest, if you play the "wrong" guys or not. You can be punished for just having a game that visualizes nazi symbols.

I bougth RTCW in an US Shop and got problems here in Germany with the Staats Schutz (all in german):

Upvote 0
The reduced gore for german players is ridiculous. I'm over 18 (the credit cdard is proof enough), I prepaid the game and now I feel I have been spoofed.

I never read a note that when you buy the game over Steam you get the censored version. I could live with it when the information was given before, there was even a long thread in the forums, but the DEVs remained silent. Not a good PR for the start.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.