• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Gore Level

Status
Not open for further replies.
Witzig said:
And no Ostfront didn't get checked yet.

Well, I guess that is directly related to

Richard_B. said:
And do you already know when ROOST will be obtainable in german stores?

The question is, will there be a retail version at all?

No retail version - no BPJM rating if you ask me.
I don't think they bother with online releases at all.

But every chess and Tetris clone gets rated if released on CD/DVD...

(and yes, MS got an exemption from that rule, else it would receive an 18+ rating since it contains Solitair and Minesweeper.
And I'm not kiddig either! Same reasons Games Knoppix couldn't go retail.
And you get to wonder whether there are no other problems in Germany...)

Upvote 0
Ok,

since this gets really out of hand here my suggestion.

Someone before posted about the credit card thing.

Here in germany you have to be 18 to own such a card.

Plus you can check the age of the owner by the credit card institute.

Since these are the facts, give ppl. who bought the game via steam the full gore.

Everything elese makes no sense.

Don't be overanxious and anger your customers, be fair.

Upvote 0
step2ice said:
Ok,

since this gets really out of hand here my suggestion.

Someone before posted about the credit card thing.

Here in germany you have to be 18 to own such a card.

Plus you can check the age of the owner by the credit card institute.

Since these are the facts, give ppl. who bought the game via steam the full gore.

Everything elese makes no sense.

Don't be overanxious and anger your customers, be fair.

dito:)

Upvote 0
MadMax said:
Basically not true. There is at last one prepaid card in Germany available (Microsoft X Box Card), which is allowed for 14 years or older.
At 14?
Can't believe that.

Then again those kids have cell phones when the enter elementary school so...

Anyway, how do you define "prepaid card"?
That isn't the same as a CC I reckon.

I paid with Visa and I don't think you can get that below the age of 18.

Upvote 0
MadMax said:
It is a Visa card with all credit card features. But you have to load money on it before you can use it. You can't have depts therefore,
A-ok.

I got a bit of a strange feeling imagining how a 14-old would overdraw his account for €2,000 :eek:

Anyway, if parents load money on that card (who else would) they better control what their youngster buys with it.
I take it they'll also receive the "billing" (aka listing what purchases have been done) so there's still a lot of parental control going on.

Upvote 0
No you can't. The Steam "apparatus" extracts the engine.dll amonst other stuff when you launch the game and overwrites the one in the System folder, even if you set YOUR version of engine.dll to read only. I tried that already. And besides, the Game IS full gore as it is. Unpack the gfc files and voila, you have the full game INCL. MANUALS if I might yell so, so if you start that unpacked game without steam you have full gore version, as soon as you include steam in the process of running the game you have reduced gore.

Upvote 0
1.AR[GSC]=[ENIGMA]= said:
No you can't. The Steam "apparatus" extracts the engine.dll amonst other stuff when you launch the game and overwrites the one in the System folder, even if you set YOUR version of engine.dll to read only. I tried that already. And besides, the Game IS full gore as it is. Unpack the gfc files and voila, you have the full game INCL. MANUALS if I might yell so, so if you start that unpacked game without steam you have full gore version, as soon as you include steam in the process of running the game you have reduced gore.

Tell us, how to start the RO.exe without the steam.dll file. Doesn

Upvote 0

ok have tast it and nothing...#
loads like before...:( :confused: one is probably assistanceless delivered!

but thx for help.....

i hope any body creat a custom gore patch for reinstall!
ut2k4 have it for cut version!
hope roo so to!

SasQuatch said:
We're sorry you got annoyed by this, and we will take a more in depth look on the issue.

German version options at the moment:

Kein blut = No blood at all
Blut reduzieren = Blood hit puffs, Blood splatter on walls and players
(unavailable is full gore, which enable dismemberment only)
We are not allowed to show forbidden symbols at any setting in germany as far as im aware.

We have to stick with certain laws, but if we got a part wrong (full gore allowed over 18 for instance), we will try and find a proper solution for it.
We don't want to restrict anything ourselves by choice, if we can allow full gore anywhere and only restrict the symbols, we'd prefer that.

You will not have to trade in your localized version, if we are allowed to change it, it will be changed in your localized version, but please be patient and do not expect a change in this matter instantly.

I hope you can still enjoy the rest of the game.

SasQuatch

the game is really nice!
and the inf battles are wunderfull but all censored!
when you creat a fix for them......when is it then so far?
i think as a modder that will be fast but you most check out the rights!
plz go for it! gogogogo

all player (18+)do have cut version need it now!me to!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Can you post here a link for a good gfc unpacker?
And will you still be able to connect on servers and stuff? Never could have thought this game would run without steam.

Upvote 0
Hoffmann said:

You misunderstood.

I was replying to that one dude complaining about the fact that we got a censored version without Full Gore, which isn't the case. It's just that, running the game from certain countries which do not have to be named again here now via Steam means Reduced Gore, so it's not the game's "fault" but the matter is w/ Steam here. To run the game -ONLINE- you still need Steam though. If you play -OFFLINE-, without connecting to steam and just having steam.dll in your RO System folder means you get the bells & whistles aka Full Gore.

Upvote 0
Im In Austrlia...and was wondering if it was redused here?

I have not seen a spot of blood...like on walls or spurts... I have seen Dismembered Bodies..but not body parts? IS there strewn body parts? and blood on the bodys once they are dead..

I have seen the High Explosive blood cloud once in game.

Im just not to sure what the graphics are supposed to be?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.