• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Games that made you cry?

How can no1 mention the end of hl2 episode 2. The acting in that just has to bring a tear to the eye.

Other than that its pretty slim pickings tear jerker wise.

I never cried while playing that game because all the big story moments just put me into shock instead of sadness. Like when Alyx got shanked I was just like "WTF GET AWAY!", same thing goes for the ending too. I didn't believe he was dead until the credits stopped rolling.

Upvote 0
I am prone to feeling overwhelming sadness or emotion but just about nothing will move me to tears.

Try ripping out a nose hair. Or a pubic hair.
Other than that, I agree. I don't cry, not when a gf leaves me, not when my cats got knocked over by cars. (that's why the cats I have now are being indoor cats only...), I couldn't even cry at my grandpas funeral, allthough I did cry some days later, when everybody else had it somehow settled... Not that I am not emotional, actually, I am moved and touched quite easily, it's just that I don't shed tears.

Upvote 0
Try ripping out a nose hair. Or a pubic hair.
Other than that, I agree. I don't cry, not when a gf leaves me, not when my cats got knocked over by cars. (that's why the cats I have now are being indoor cats only...), I couldn't even cry at my grandpas funeral, allthough I did cry some days later, when everybody else had it somehow settled... Not that I am not emotional, actually, I am moved and touched quite easily, it's just that I don't shed tears.

Well, crying is good for your health :p

Upvote 0
Large ego ftw.

Seriously, only few situations when I have cried for a game have been heavily influenced by insane laughter that sometimes I feel like I am running out of breath (like that RE4 thing I mentioned).

Edit: Grammar check. Gooderest of gooderest inglizh plz.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
No, its when you are gay but you aren't man enough to admit it...:rolleyes:

Seriously (for those who really don't know): Its when you look like you could be from the opposing sex (face paint, clothing, voice, "animations", etc.). I don't think your sexual preference has anything to do with it tbh.
You got it all wrong... metro-sexuals are simply dudes that use the subway a lot as a mean of transportation. nothing more.

Upvote 0
Lately all I see are lukewarm Metrosexuals who just wear scarves, thin black felt-ish coats and drink a lot of expensive coffee. Hair may or may not be spiked in some subtle fashion.

And a lot of these people are taking to a fad without even realizing it, considering themselves to have nothing to do with the Metro movement which from what I can gather, has mostly died out.

As for motives for the movement, some people do dress and act like that to score, but most of the true Metros do/did it as a kind of pro-Gay counter-culture minus the butthurt.

Upvote 0
Since storytelling in games still lacks deepness and maturity there is nothing to cry about.

The ending of ICO was touching, if i had to name one that stood out a bit. Maybe games someday can accomplish what books and movies can. At the moment, we have the graphical race still going. As soon as we are over that, i hope the deeper mature content finds a willing publisher or we all will torrefy with "The Sims" and "Call of Grandpa" till we die...

Last edited:
Upvote 0