Games that made you cry?

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

myzko

FNG / Fresh Meat
We all know that sometimes you might be able to shed a tear or two while watching a movie, but how about while playing a game?

I have to admit I cried in the ending of Planescape: Torment
Not because the game ended (well maybe partly) but because of the music, and just the whole story that unfolded.. The whole game was just perfect (okay maybe not Combat, but still)

" So true. What I like about it most is that it makes you feel special, like it was meant for you alone to experience."

For those of you who have never played this game, go youtube it and listen to some of the music, BUT DO NOT WATCH THE VIDEO CUTSCENES... It'll ruin more than give you if you ever decide to play it :p

Coey

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 16, 2006
Lemmings. They just keep on going to the their certain deaths. WHY DO THEY DO IT??!?! THEY'RE SO YOUNG!!!!!!!! WHOLE LIVES AHEAD OF THEM!! THE POOR BLIGHTERS!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH AHAHA HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA??!?!

dogbadger

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 19, 2006
here to kill your monster
When Aeris dies? I was heartbroken.

lol shhh!
i just deleted thinking maybe there's someone who hadn't played yet, but there's probably no-one who would play it that hasn't already.
but hey if there isn't sod 'em anyway............

Theres a 'most moving game moment?' thread somewhere, inspired by a scene from homeworld, which may have made a few precious souls well up.
I think if you asked across the gaming community for a most moving scene, or a game that made you cry, very high up on the list would be that moment from Final fantasy VII

and yes, very sad and very unexpected.

Aeneas2020

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 23, 2006
i tend to get sad whenever captain/major price gets killed in the CoD series but thats coz i hav ultimate respect for the tash...i remember something making me upset in oblivion. and cried with laughter a few times on games (sam & max, DOTT?)...other than that i cried at how truly awful some games have been.

myzko

FNG / Fresh Meat
i tend to get sad whenever captain/major price gets killed in the CoD series but thats coz i hav ultimate respect for the tash...i remember something making me upset in oblivion. and cried with laughter a few times on games (sam & max, DOTT?)...other than that i cried at how truly awful some games have been.

You cried when he died in CoD?... okay that's very odd, I just shrugged my shoulders :D

Rak

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 23, 2005
D
Homeworld, third mission: Return to Kharak. Such a great story and presentation.

Bluehawk

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 13, 2006
Hamilton, ON
Got all choked up:

MGS When Sniper wolf got whacked.

MGS2 When Otakon was talking about his step-mom. :D

Call of Cthulhu When you get the little girl killed by accident and the father comes home to find her.

Half-Life 2 Episode 1 When Barney once again loses his chance to score with Alex because Gordon-asshole-Freeman is always around these days.