• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Movie] Game of Thrones

The last ep was great, im craving for more though :|. Probably going to go through the books in the summer.

I don't think you'll be sorry.

Well, you might be, but it won't have anything to do with the quality of the books. It'll be more something to do with the fact that this is a portrait of the author:

tumblr_ljc7jfLElq1qhebv6o1_400.jpg

No kidding. That's just about a perfect line drawing of his face. It's what he looks like. He was the inspiration for Trollface, both in looks and spirit.

Upvote 0
Is it Season Two of a Game of Thrones of "A Clash of Kings" or whatever the second book is?

Don't know yet.

It would have sort of made sense just to call the show ASOIAF, with the subtitle for each season as GOT, ACOK, etc. If they call it GOT it'll be sort of lame, since it's not actually GOT, but if they call it ACOK then it'll be confusing for the people who haven't read the books, and they'll probably see a pretty big drop in viewership, at least at first.

Upvote 0
Don't know yet.

It would have sort of made sense just to call the show ASOIAF, with the subtitle for each season as GOT, ACOK, etc. If they call it GOT it'll be sort of lame, since it's not actually GOT, but if they call it ACOK then it'll be confusing for the people who haven't read the books, and they'll probably see a pretty big drop in viewership, at least at first.

Aye, all of this is true. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Upvote 0
Oh boy, can't wait for Spring 2012...

And I do think the show will keep the name "Game of Thrones", as it's considerably shorter than "a song of ice and fire", less prone to mixing up parts of it, and it's a fitting title throughout, as, at least for now, the struggle for the throne of the Seven Kingdoms is the main theme in the books.

Upvote 0
Just finished watching through the whole series after all the excitement in this thread and I can happilly now join the queue for eagerly awaiting the next season... :(

But yeah, I am glad I have finally found a good example of how good series (and filming in general) look like and not having to mention the same old series to my friends when invited to watch Las Vegas or something...

Upvote 0
What? Season 1 ended already? What a bummer. :(

Well, it sure was worth it though! And you can't expect TV series to be of high quality and also with numerous episodes. I guess they don't have the budget of epic movies ala LOTR ;)

Hopefully though the great reception of the first season will lead to an even better second season that will move along the same troll-line :p

Upvote 0
Great last episode but man... talk about a MASSIVE cliff hanger on all fronts lol. I can't wait to see the tension between that little blonde brat and Tyrion when the latter shows up to rule :D.

I'm really starting to like that dude who's always at the dragon chick's side and who saved her from being assassinated. One of the few seemingly "good" guys. At least so far... :p.

This show really is bringing back fond memories of "Rome"... another "brutal" drama.

I'll definitely be buying the books, no way I can wait a year.

This might be a dumb question but I've seen in book stores the entire series (or the books written thus far I should say)... and they've got the HBO characters on them and all... are they EXACTLY the same books as those that have the "original" art before the TV series? Just wanna make sure I don't start reading some slightly altered version.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This might be a dumb question but I've seen in book stores the entire series (or the books written thus far I should say)... and they've got the HBO characters on them and all... are they EXACTLY the same books as those that have the "original" art before the TV series? Just wanna make sure I don't start reading some slightly altered version.

Yep, they're the same.

Upvote 0
Is season 2 to cover all of the second book? With all the new settings, some sort of split might be more reasonable. Then again, they already announced the actress for Margaery , and she doesn't really make an appearance until book 3 IIRC.

Presentation aside, I'm also looking forward to the staging of climax points. In the book those fell off a bit in quality, with the plot armour (or the lack thereof) being too obvious and diluting the surprise.

Upvote 0
Dunno if it's old news, but I read season 2 will be 10 episodes. Can't remember the source, it was from the panel at Comic Con.

it seems so short in writing, but I suppose it isn't all too short.

Anyways, spoilers, do not read if you haven't gotten to at least the 3rd book:

Spoiler!

Upvote 0
it seems so short in writing, but I suppose it isn't all too short.

Anyways, spoilers, do not read if you haven't gotten to at least the 3rd book:

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Upvote 0
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Upvote 0
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Upvote 0
Spoiler!

Spoiler!