• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Forgotten Hope 2 (Release) Thread.

Even though it's just the first release the mod is exceptionally good in giving you sense that it's a WW2 game and not just BF2 reskinned. It does play quite similar to BF2 because the engine has it's limitations meaning you can't completely change it's structure for customized optimization. I much even prefer it over the Vanilla BF2 anyday. The only problems that I had with it was constant lag that sometimes ruined the gameplay for me :(

Upvote 0
Gonna chime in with the rest of you and proclaim Sfakia the king of maps. Theres nothing like going over a crest with 4 of your buddies, killing jerries/tommies that pop up out of the grass.

but:

-I've also had a couple crashes, not too bad though considering.
-Still some gamey stuff, and the AT rifles don't do anything, they're more useful for killing infantry.

I'm looking forward to more Italy/Sicily/Crete maps. Anything that's more infantry concentrated is good in my eyes.

Oh and bring on paratroopers!!!

Upvote 0
As said earlier, teamwork does happen. If you played project reality, then the teamwork will feel the same, ie. big groups running to objectives, and everyone staying together. The graphics and animations are also really good, especially the weapons and vehicles, compared to that "Battlegroup Frontlines" mod that came out a while ago. I'd say to anyone not sure about getting to do so.

I don't really want to enter the territory of "is it going to be better than Mare Nostrum", but I must say it does convey the atmosphere of the North African campaign very well, with dust, sounds and just general little details, such as birds flying out of trees when you shoot near them etc. Mare Nostrum (and RO in general) could get some good ideas from it.

To me, this mod combines cinematic type gameplay (as seen in COD) with realism and teamwork (like in RO), which is why I like it so much. Ro, even though pretty realistic, just doesn't contain enough atmosphere etc. to make me really immersed in it, where games like COD are just too arcadey. FH2 contains a mix, which imo is the perfect type of game.

Upvote 0
As said earlier, teamwork does happen. If you played project reality, then the teamwork will feel the same, ie. big groups running to objectives, and everyone staying together. The graphics and animations are also really good, especially the weapons and vehicles, compared to that "Battlegroup Frontlines" mod that came out a while ago. I'd say to anyone not sure about getting to do so.

I don't really want to enter the territory of "is it going to be better than Mare Nostrum", but I must say it does convey the atmosphere of the North African campaign very well, with dust, sounds and just general little details, such as birds flying out of trees when you shoot near them etc. Mare Nostrum (and RO in general) could get some good ideas from it.

To me, this mod combines cinematic type gameplay (as seen in COD) with realism and teamwork (like in RO), which is why I like it so much. Ro, even though pretty realistic, just doesn't contain enough atmosphere etc. to make me really immersed in it, where games like COD are just too arcadey. FH2 contains a mix, which imo is the perfect type of game.

That happens in standard BF2, so it isn't an innovation of FH2.

Upvote 0