• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Forgotten Hope 2 (Release) Thread.

Haven't tried flying yet, but looks good from the videos I saw on youtube. The rifles (especially the enfield No.4) are really nice to use, I've found myself racking up the kills into the 20s and 30s just using one, aswell as taking out smg sprayers with ease. Like in RO, it feels really satisfying to get a kill from miles off. What they really need to do is get rid of the crosshairs, and that "x" which appears when you get a hit on someone.

Upvote 0
Monk,
So how is the Mod? From the sounds of it by you, it seems to be a blast. Is this a fair statement?
Dr. Strangelove

It's all about taste of course.

I am having fun because:
* the atmosphere seems very realistic (sounds and visuals)
* bolting is challenging
* teamplay works very well with the fireteams
* spawning on your teamleader still adds extra gameplay possibilities
* AT guns are very effective
* AA guns are effective -> no superpilots (I just dislike pilots ;) )
* the infantry maps are beautifull
* riding on a tank and disembarking near the capzone feels good
* there are servers which run infantry-only maps (I'm not a fan of mixed combat)
* push-mode (only 2 cappoints are open) seems a good gamemode for this mod

Elements ready for "improvement":
* the superfast steady-shot iron sight after diving
* I miss leaning a bit in those trenches
* Suppressing effects are over the top, being a bolter this means that your vision is blurred 50% of the time when you'r in capzones -> rediculous
* no spawn protection (it just needs a few seconds after spawning)
* there is much clutter in your HUD (deatchmessages + communication etc)
* maps with too many vehicles -> makes gameplay very bf2-ish, meaning everybody races to the cappoints in his own vehicle

Monk.

Upvote 0
Airplanes are horrible, for example how the plane will react into throttle slider is awful. (it has enormous latency, as it should control RPM instantly, it seems to control fuel flow by some kind of old big mechanical valve, lol).

also, when the planes don't fly realistic speeds, they are really vulnurable to AA-fire, and not forgetting pathetic sized maps. Why the **** the flyzone ain't unlimited? I couldn't care less if you would just find out total emptiness when you fly out from "infantry / vehicle"-zone.
Also I would prefer airfield's to be "offmap".

I have question to you all who have played more, does tanks have hitpoints? and does range make any difference to penetration?

ohh, and i forgot to whine how *** it is when you dont have (limited) crew/pilot class.

Upvote 0