• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Forgotten Hope 2 (Release) Thread.

Pvt.pile

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
Sconnie Botland
Last edited:
I have been playing for about an hour. Some things i noticed and my opinions:

+ Feels a bit like BF1942 :)
+ Excellent presentation. Interface, music, sounds, textures, models and animations are all top notch
+ Attention to detail
+ WWII fighter planes which are much more fun to fly than the super fast jets in BF2
+ Grenades are only issued in pairs and you cant throw them across the other side of the map like in BF2
+ Reasonable amount of maps. About 10+ i think
+ I like the low mouse sensitivity in iron sights
+ Class limitations with the whore cannons.

- It crashed to desktop twice
- There is severe lag on servers over 40 players
- I only played 5 maps and i found them boring as hell, sorry but the African theatre is the most boring of them all. Once you seen one desert you have seen them all.
- Crosshairs, diving to prone, bunny hopping, 2D iron sights that take no time to rise.

It does need polish. But it has great potential. My biggest disappointment was the iron sights and the way you could jump and dive around like in BF2. I was not impressed with the maps i played either, but i think a lot will come down to who you play with and how you play. I hate tanks, and most of the maps are large - vehicle focused so i guess this is more down to my tastes (you wouldn't go to a seafood restaurant if you didn't like seafood). I'll give it a go though and see how it turns out when playing with friends.

Upvote 0
I've played about 6 maps so far, and I think 4 of them have been large wide open tank maps, which I now hate and will try to avoid. Combined arms in this mod does not work at all thanks to infantry having no effective counter at all to tanks, which they didn't have at this point in the war but that's one realistic feature I don't like.

The only map I really like is Sfakia, fighting down the mountain valleys and into the village. However the starting positions are too spread out for the Germans meaning if they get stuck in one place they can just spawn in another and cap the entire village pretty easy, which is a shame because I had tons of fun fighting down a valley with about 15 other people playing as a team. Maybe they should adopt the PR cap system, IDK.

So far I've had lots of fun playing the maps that don't have tanks in.

Upvote 0