• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

First Screenshots are here!

Does anyone else think the player models look like they don't have any shadowing applied? They look like they're lit too brightly, from the face, to the uniform, ...

Yeah i noticed it already on the few screens TWI gave us to see BUT it's still an Alpha version, so i'll wait next news update/video to make me a better idea.

Upvote 0
Those are pictures from ROHOS test levels we did based on pictures taken from real locations in Stalingrad (Volgograd).

The water looks amazing in the second shot. Very realistic looking.

But I agree, the bloom is a bit too much.

Hopefully it can be cut down a little. I really liked the girtty and realistic look of the first game.

Upvote 0
It screens from PC Gamer Russia (July 2009), article about how Alan from TWI visiting Volgograd (aka Stalingrad in past) summer 2007 for searching material for the RO:HOS.
Its sreens in better quality then they was in article.
Actually, it was Igromania... as far as I can remember :) And they were tests we were doing, for the art team. As Ramm said, they used a couple of shots from our Volgograd trip and built out the environments in-engine. Under the "light amusement" heading, the one with water in it shouldn't have any in real life. It is actually an entrance to the civil defense tunnels under the city!

Upvote 0
This looks nice but I was wondering if we would be able to turn off the depth of field when we use iron sights?
00318604.jpg

Upvote 0
I dont think so, it would be an advantage

It shouldn't be there in the first place. With my AK, I can have my sights up and be in the proper stance, but move my eyes and look somewhere else without my vision turning into a blur. To check an area you don't have to put your sights/rifle down. This can be helpful in certian situations. For example, you want to keep your rifle in the ready position, but you are unsure if someone is a friendly or not. If you point your weapon at them, they might think you're an enemy and shoot at you. I've had this happen a lot of times in all kinds of FPS games.

Hopefully they will make this optional. Unrealistic and a waste of frame rates.

Upvote 0
It shouldn't be there in the first place. With my AK, I can have my sights up and be in the proper stance, but move my eyes and look somewhere else without my vision turning into a blur. To check an area you don't have to put your sights/rifle down. This can be helpful in certian situations. For example, you want to keep your rifle in the ready position, but you are unsure if someone is a friendly or not. If you point your weapon at them, they might think you're an enemy and shoot at you. I've had this happen a lot of times in all kinds of FPS games.

Hopefully they will make this optional. Unrealistic and a waste of frame rates.

Agreed, just because your weapon is shouldered and ready does not mean you're aiming down the sights.

Upvote 0
Well is it confirmed that there isn't a "free look" system? If not I would like to assume there is, instead of an awkward blur effect.

I think it will only blur things at different distances than what you are aiming at. To represent focus. So if you focus in a distance everything close by is blurry. If you focus on something close by the distance is blurred. Although i wonder if it will feel natural.

Well it hasnt been said if there is free look or not, so indeed lets hope and assume there is :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i just hope we dont get into ArmA's stupid keyboard dance dynamic with that "eye control thing", whats next?, a key for right leg and a key for left leg?

I liked the IS system how it was in RO, except for the fact that it needed auto zoom to compensate for the distorted FOV which wraps the objects making them appear smaller than what they should be in reality. that would not be "magic eyes of zoom" but FOV correction to the "magic eyes that wraps 90

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i just hope we dont get into ArmA's stupid keyboard dance dynamic with that "eye control thing", whats next?, a key for right leg and a key for left leg?
Actually, that's one of the features I miss in most FPS games, and I dearly love it in OFP/ArmA.

But there's one thing that really bothers me in one of the screens: Link instead of tag for readability

The german soldier blindly shooting into through the door. I do hope that's just a stage shot and not a true gampelay shot, as it too much reminds me of the R6:Vegas mechanic.
Even with a first person cover system, that would be a way for cheap kills without any chance to retaliate. But then I do suspect that the chance to actually hit someone with it must be quite slim.

Upvote 0