• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

First look at the MG42 and the New Tanks

The current system does not really allow us to specify what weapons are available on a per map basis. So when we add new weapons they are available on every map.

We may in the future develop a feature to address this, but not for this current update.

In earlier iterations of the SDK the mapper had the ability to override the stock loadouts on a per-role basis; why was this functionality removed? It seems that would make it possible to restrict weapon availability (unless weapon choice is controlled on the server side).

Upvote 0
In earlier iterations of the SDK the mapper had the ability to override the stock loadouts on a per-role basis; why was this functionality removed? It seems that would make it possible to restrict weapon availability (unless weapon choice is controlled on the server side).

To my knowledge the system hasn't changed for all of RO2's existence. We have experimented with a system to allow some control in the Rising Storm settings (early war setting).

I believe the current system was put in place due to a UI limitation that requires "matched" roles in the loadout selection or weird things start to happen (such as roles disappearing from the UI and more).

Upvote 0
To my knowledge the system hasn't changed for all of RO2's existence. We have experimented with a system to allow some control in the Rising Storm settings (early war setting).

I believe the current system was put in place due to a UI limitation that requires "matched" roles in the loadout selection or weird things start to happen (such as roles disappearing from the UI and more).

I think the best system would be one that lets you choose from all the classes the game has available. Let you choose the number of each class will be allowed in the map properties, then have a checklist of the weapons the class has available. Have the checklist automatically set itself to the default settings, but let it be completely customizable, such as a rifleman with an LMG. No limits on anything there, to make it easiest on the mappers to create whatever scenario they would like.

Upvote 0
I think the best system would be one that lets you choose from all the classes the game has available. Let you choose the number of each class will be allowed in the map properties, then have a checklist of the weapons the class has available. Have the checklist automatically set itself to the default settings, but let it be completely customizable, such as a rifleman with an LMG. No limits on anything there, to make it easiest on the mappers to create whatever scenario they would like.

We don't necessarily disagree. But to set up a new system properly would likely require breaking all existing maps and resetting them up and potentially breaking parts of the game we are not expecting (the role and squad system and very deeply tied into many of the games core systems which is why we are very very hesitant to touch it at this time).

Upvote 0
I'm pretty sure IOM have pulled this off haven't they?

Yes, next IOM update ( ver 1,15 ) will have all weapons sorted properly. Late weapons will apear on late maps only ( such as PPS, Mkb42 as temporary replacement of stg44, mg42 ), DT machine gun will not appear on all maps but mostly on Stalingrad maps with factories.

Upvote 0
really? YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have waited for this since release 3 years ago. Oh man get hyped people!!!!!!!!!!!!

ml_c7nVWzNk.jpg

Upvote 0
I know they are working on a system (I believe it is supposed to be in their next update).

Our role-changing system runs when a level is loaded - it tests for the map name and decides which classes to replace; we have special classes for Elite / Assault, Machine Gunner, Sniper, and Commander. Depending on the map name it will use special versions of these, but otherwise resorts to a set of "default" classes. Unfortunately we aren't able to change the number of existing roles as set up by the mapper. It's kind of a work-around solution built for us Mutator guys - but I figured I'd let you know what we're doing just so we can have some good communication.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
yes, it should have the same penetration if it uses same ammo.

wait doesn the PTRD retain penetration better over longer ranges? since it burns the powder more efficiently because of its single action? The PTRS needs to load another round thus limiting powder being burnt? I might say that the 14.5mm round has a huge amount of powder. Thats is something i think i saw reading somewhere but i forgot the source...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Every weapon in the game is "more effective than the real weapon" because game players do not act like real people who fear for their lives. If there were as many casualties in real life as there are in-game the war would have been over in about 3 weeks.

Conversely, if players acted like real soldiers 1 round of Pavlov's would last nearly 2 months.

Do you want to contribute to this discussion or just show off your strawman-beating skills?

And if you think that being able to jump and run and turn around and then immediately accurately hit the same dot on the screen as always is as unrealistic for this particular weapon as for the weapons three (or more) times lighter than it, think again.

Upvote 0