• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Fire & Maneuver Realism Mod

To give you guys an update, I am currently in the final phase of production for an iPhone game I am working on. The SDK still isn't compiling apparently, so I haven't really done much more, I'm not even playing RO2 because I'm pretty busy.

I am reading all of the suggestions and comments and keeping them in mind. Once I get through this stretch run, I'll have all the time in the world to dedicate myself to the mod. Thanks for the interest.

Thanks a lot for the update!
Bye
Maraz

Upvote 0
I think the current level of ADS zoom is OK. I hardly ever use the secondary zoom, as the pace of the game right now is too fast to allow me to be exposed long enough to do it unless I'm just sitting back and sniping. So, if that went away, that'd be fine.

My $.02

Also, what about allowing only a single primary weapon and when picking up weapons off the ground, you only get the associated ammo? It'd make you have to decide if you really want to switch your bolt and all it's ammo for a SMG with only 2 mags left.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hey, Gentrinity, your planned mod sounds great and I look forward to playing it. Thanks for your efforts!

I have one suggestion, although I'm not sure it's possible to manipulate... inertia. Running should be a little bit more gradual up to a full sprint and then down to a stop. Also, heavier weapons, such as the MG-34 shouldn't be able to be swung around with the same speed as the ppsh/etc. and then also take longer to sight once they are brought to bear.

Anyway, this all I'm sure has been mentioned to you before. I just think these changes alone would go a long way to increasing the realism of this game. Thanks!

Upvote 0
Hey, Gentrinity, your planned mod sounds great and I look forward to playing it. Thanks for your efforts!

I have one suggestion, although I'm not sure it's possible to manipulate... inertia. Running should be a little bit more gradual up to a full sprint and then down to a stop. Also, heavier weapons, such as the MG-34 shouldn't be able to be swung around with the same speed as the ppsh/etc. and then also take longer to sight once they are brought to bear.

Anyway, this all I'm sure has been mentioned to you before. I just think these changes alone would go a long way to increasing the realism of this game. Thanks!

Great suggestions. I really think the sprints has to be fixed. It's just weird that you can stand still and go to a full sprint and once and then make an instant stop. Right now the MG feels like it's made out of paper lol..

Upvote 0
What about implementing collision between teammates? DOn't remember if this has already been suggested here :D

I don't think this is as clear cut as people think. Sure it looks realistic to see people bump into one another instead of walk through one another. But is it more realistic to have people constantly getting blocked at a doorway by team mates? While I'm sure it happens irl, it's also much much easier to push someone aside/tell them to move/move around them etc.

Moving around is pretty easy irl, colliding with team mates tends to make it awkward and annoying in a game.

Upvote 0
Add ammo pouches like in OST it was so annoying but i think it would be more realistic and slower paced because now you just pick up a gun and it has ammo
Also if there wont be any ranking maybe randomise player skins so one will look like a recruit and someone would look veteran just to add variety same for weopon conditions
Also chosable mags for ppsh??

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Not sure if this has been sugested yet but mayby adjust bleed out. When some one is bleeding to death I would not think they would be stuck in one spot standing upright. Changeing it so that it forces you into to prone would proably be more realistic but depening upon the severity of the would mayby alow you to still move around normally for a short time with much increased sway.

It just feels odd the way it curently is. At the very least can wepons sway and all negative stats be increased during bleed out?

Upvote 0
Nah people who will want realism and gameplay more simmilar to OST will install this and play

True, that's how it probably will be. However, one thing is for certain - I wont pay money for any upcoming RO2 expansionpacks, mods, or RO3 unless none of the money goes to TWI. No point to pay for a company that let their customers fix their broken game (broken as in broken in my opinion).

Upvote 0
True, that's how it probably will be. However, one thing is for certain - I wont pay money for any upcoming RO2 expansionpacks, mods, or RO3 unless none of the money goes to TWI. No point to pay for a company that let their customers fix their broken game (broken as in broken in my opinion).
99% of the mods and dlc are free only rising storm MIGHT cost some money

Upvote 0
99% of the mods and dlc are free only rising storm MIGHT cost some money

which was sadly the only mod i was REALLY looking forward to. unfortuntaly i'll have to skip it then. If TWI or whoever the f*** is working on RS, actually decides to go through charging money for that mod, it would be a massive insult.

DH was a fantastic mod and it was free. RS doesnt have s*** on DH, but they have the audacity to charge money for it?

anyone who pays money for that mod deserves to have a hole drilled into their head, and have flesh eating insets poured in to devour their brain. You're essentially telling future modders that its okay to charge money for their work, which it isnt...

if i knew people were so willing to buy mods, i would have sold all my CS maps and CoD reskins.

/rant

Anyway, cant wait for this mod/mutator. havent touched the game in over a month, maybe this will bring me back. How is the mod coming?

Also i wish we can just get rid of the mkb42, or at least up the recoil; it fires a rifle round for christ sake, why does it act like an smg spewing pistol rounds?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
which was sadly the only mod i was REALLY looking forward to. unfortuntaly i'll have to skip it then. If TWI or whoever the f*** is working on RS, actually decides to go through charging money for that mod, it would be a massive insult.

DH was a fantastic mod and it was free. RS doesnt have s*** on DH, but they have the audacity to charge money for it?

anyone who pays money for that mod deserves to have a hole drilled into their head, and have flesh eating insets poured in to devour their brain. You're essentially telling future modders that its okay to charge money for their work, which it isnt...

if i knew people were so willing to buy mods, i would have sold all my CS maps and CoD reskins.

/rant

Anyway, cant wait for this mod/mutator. havent touched the game in over a month, maybe this will bring me back. How is the mod coming?

Also i wish we can just get rid of the mkb42, or at least up the recoil; it fires a rifle round for christ sake, why does it act like an smg spewing pistol rounds?

Oh you have played Rising Storm? ;P

Upvote 0
You're essentially telling future modders that its okay to charge money for their work, which it isnt...

Ahh right of course. because it's a Crime Against Humanity to invest time, effort, and motivation and be compensated for it. Lemme phone up the International Court really quick..

Reactions: Xendance
Upvote 0