• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Fire & Maneuver Realism Mod

which was sadly the only mod i was REALLY looking forward to. unfortuntaly i'll have to skip it then. If TWI or whoever the f*** is working on RS, actually decides to go through charging money for that mod, it would be a massive insult.

DH was a fantastic mod and it was free. RS doesnt have s*** on DH, but they have the audacity to charge money for it?

anyone who pays money for that mod deserves to have a hole drilled into their head, and have flesh eating insets poured in to devour their brain. You're essentially telling future modders that its okay to charge money for their work, which it isnt...

if i knew people were so willing to buy mods, i would have sold all my CS maps and CoD reskins.

/rant

Anyway, cant wait for this mod/mutator. havent touched the game in over a month, maybe this will bring me back. How is the mod coming?

Also i wish we can just get rid of the mkb42, or at least up the recoil; it fires a rifle round for christ sake, why does it act like an smg spewing pistol rounds?

If RS is of high enough quality, it will be further polished and released as an official addon. Kind of like Counter Strike and Red Orchestra was... both started as mods, but both went retail.

Upvote 0
I don't get why some people think they are entitled to a product just because it's a mod. Modders spend A LOT of time on their mods, sometimes to the point where they have to quit their real jobs. Is it not their choice to charge whatever they want for it? If you don't want to pay - don't buy it.

The idea that something should be free just because it's based on something else is just ridiculous. It's great that some modders want to work for free, just don't expect that every modder will.

Reactions: UncleDrax
Upvote 0
Oh you have played Rising Storm? ;P

no. but i dont see it being any better than DH though and that was free. we'll see though.

also considering you can find RO2 for $20, im curious as to what the mod price would be; $2.99?

Ahh right of course. because it's a Crime Against Humanity to invest time, effort, and motivation and be compensated for it. Lemme phone up the International Court really quick..

Whatever happened to doing something because you enjoyed it? I enjoyed mapping and modding for CS, i would never ask anyone to pay me for my work.

which is why i wont buy a glorified mod.

But hey, its a capitalistic world, do what you like. I was just throwing out my 0.02cents

Upvote 0
no. but i dont see it being any better than DH though and that was free. we'll see though.

also considering you can find RO2 for $20, im curious as to what the mod price would be; $2.99?

Whatever happened to doing something because you enjoyed it? I enjoyed mapping and modding for CS, i would never ask anyone to pay me for my work.

which is why i wont buy a glorified mod.

But hey, its a capitalistic world, do what you like. I was just throwing out my 0.02cents

Well, I don't want to get paid for this mod, but I did have an idea for a mod that I wanted to make and sell it as an add-on. The reason I wanted to do that was because I wanted to actually hire mappers, since I'm a programmer. Finding mappers that are willing to put the time and effort it takes to make professional maps is really hard and I would like to release 6-7 maps for this expansion. This kind of a project would require some capital to really have an efficient and short project time, while still delivering top notch quality. I'm not about to throw money away on a project, so the idea that I can sell a possible expansion for a game now assures me that I can invest my money into possibly making something that people might enjoy. If you don't want to purchase a possible expansion that I have planned later on, then don't purchase it. But that's what's great about the market, if you don't like it, you don't have to buy it.

Upvote 0
I don't get why some people think they are entitled to a product just because it's a mod. Modders spend A LOT of time on their mods, sometimes to the point where they have to quit their real jobs. Is it not their choice to charge whatever they want for it? If you don't want to pay - don't buy it.

The idea that something should be free just because it's based on something else is just ridiculous. It's great that some modders want to work for free, just don't expect that every modder will.

Because it will most likely be illegal. ;) If it uses assets from TWI it can't be sold unless TWI gives permission. Likewise, even it was entirely independent of RO2, they'll still have to pay to use the UE3 engine.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vyllis
Upvote 0
Really liking the ideas in the mod here! I may buy a server just to run it and try to bring in a crowd to it. :) Plz keep us posted. :)

More ideas:

*Make MG barrels last longer.
*Give MG gunners less ammo to start.
*Make teammates give less ammo to Mgers (say, 50 round belt), or create a new class of men to give ammo, but a substanial amount (250rd belt), noone else. Either is perhaps, viable.

Rationale:

*1Increased effects of covering and suppressing fire means more MG rounds down range. Thus expended barrels quicker. This of course, was the entire point of german tactics. IRL, the MG34 could last a little longer than a 250rd belt. It seems 5-8 round bursts heat up a little quick in RO2. The best way to do this would be to highly reward bursts of 0-8 rounds with much less barrel impact, and to reward cool down a little more. Nothing too drastic, just enough to ensure COMPETENT MGers don't get stuck with two destroyed barrels for doing their job, well. Perhaps if long bursts over 15 rounds could be extremely punished, as well, this would ensure only competent MGers can take advantage of this.

*2Give MG gunners less ammo. This would mean the MG would have to rely more on the team being near enough to resupply.

*3 Similar idea here as 2. Let riflemen resupply less or NO ammo. I say less because I don't know how you can edit class and loadouts. EITHER way It would require people to work as an MG team to keep MGs running!

If the MGer starts with, say, 1 250rd belt, and a 50 round belt (300rds, all a man can feasibly carry of 7,92, on top of the MG, extra barrel, field gear), perhaps add a new class of (2)MG-Sch

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So many modders rightfully lost interest in this game... might be another case here.

Shame? Maybe.

I'm one of them.

I was in the planning phase for a mod taking place exclusively in an accurately recreated Fallujah during 2004. complete with asymmetrical warfare, combined arms with LAV's and first hand knowledge applied (my brother was a marine rifleman in fallujah, and was willing to help).

with player counts at around 1000 four weeks into launch, i began to think otherwise...

gg TW

Upvote 0