• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Fire & Maneuver Realism Mod

Yeah, please don't give up on this.

yea please don't give up on this.

it's like the dream game.

possibly a feature request here. since it's a fire & maneuver mod, will you be able to write a small training/in game hint(that can be turned off) to point team members under a squad leader to form an extended line when contacted by any enemy force?

idea A)
make a small tutorial like the training missions, to teach players to form an extended line to both flanks of the squad leader by highlighting grids on the ground.

idea B)
allow this grid highlight to be in an actual game, but able to turn on/off via hint settings.

pretty sure this can be done, to simplify things, to determine when a squad contacts an enemy force,

if(SL takes fire/suppression == 1)
hint lights up 3 grids left of SL;
hint lights up 3 grids right of SL;

all these should work with large maps only though.
can't imagine it to work in urban areas.
but with the SDK now released, i do see mappers making large maps!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Everything dead on Ro2 ... alan wilson just killed the game, killed the community. I hate him so hard ...

Anyway, this mod is EXACTLY what ro2 should have been.
Don't know why rich and powerfull people turn everything to piece of ****.

I would help, i still hope in Fire and Manoeuver, there is no more players on the game (i stopped playing ro2 after 140 gaming hour, on the 11st november) ... but but but .... it's like i wouln't die since i do not play Ro2 with Fire and Manoeuver.

Upvote 0
What did I miss?

- 450 players online on the best time.
- Ro2 is absolutely NOT realistic, it's "Call of duty Stalingrad Cheap"
- New coming player left
- Old Ro2 player left
- No more mods because people don't want to mod for a 450players game.

- So ... Ro2 is absolutely DEAD since several months ago. Exactly as players claimed it on the forum at start.

All my clan bought the game (25 players) , no one are still playing. They gone on Arma2. And why ? because Ro2 is bull****.

And what if Alan wilson decided to be smart , and add a REAL realism mod with all the function suggested by Fire & Manoeuver ? ...

Do you need more explanations ? really ?

Upvote 0
With the features that you are already implementing, is it really necessary to reduce the zoom? It is one of the new features that I like. By increasing sway, and using other methods of making the player less accurate, i feel like reducing zoom is redundant, and wont really add to the experience. You should be able to see someone at 200-250m standing up fairly easily with you both on the same level, which is rather difficult without zoom in-game.

Other than this and the medic feature, I am really looking forward to the mod.

Upvote 0
Ok I have noticed alot of comments on RO2 in general in this thread so once Ihave had my short opinion I would like to bring it back to topic.

Firstly you cannot compare this game to Arma or COD. These are all very different games. Secondly I think the popularity of the game has less to do with bugs and more to do with budgets and current trends in game subjects.

Anyway, back to topic. I like the idea of this mod, and increase in realism and teamwork is positive for the game... anygame really.

Here is a suggestion...

When a player (any player) hits 'T' to see his/her current objectives, it would be useful for his/her team mates to be highlighted in the way when a squad leader or commander is choosing fireteams in the commander menu or by hitting 'X'.

The idea of this is very simple as it allows you to identify your squad easily and at distance.

Upvote 0
Im stoked I cant wait for this one to come out. It will make Red Orchestra 2 worth playing. Anything I could do to help feel free to email me. I got 3d studio max 9 and im gonna be teaching myself how to code and model, im an artist irl so I should beable to put out some good stuff after I learn the in's and out's.

When a player (any player) hits 'T' to see his/her current objectives, it would be useful for his/her team mates to be highlighted in the way when a squad leader or commander is choosing fireteams in the commander menu or by hitting 'X'.

Upvote 0