• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Finally - news from the front line in 2006!

[RO]Wilsonam said:
2. You don't want to know where we got the data on some of the sights - it has been quite a hunt!

raiders6.jpg

Upvote 0
ThanhSa|Seirrah said:
haha, yeh :)

Can I just point out that the pictures are not before and after, but after and before. The pic on the left is WITH bloom, I only noticed whilst saving the files to view them next to each other. (..and now the difference is obvious)

Wonder if that has caught some people out :p

actually the image file names said wich one was with and wich one was without hdr.

Upvote 0
I think the bloom might be best used, or at least thought of, as a way to simulate sunblindness, glare, and the blurriness that would happen if there's gunsmoke and dust in the area that fills the air. If it's in there just to make everything look less sharp, it's not really very realistic.

Oh, and I heard from Fritz, the other German soldier who tried to dive to prone on top of a wall. He didn't clear it, and did a header into the wall itself. He hopes to learn to walk again soon.

Upvote 0
As with most nitpicks from screenshots they simply come from staring at a frozen image for too long and in too much detail, trying to glean every possible piece of info that you can. In fact a few inferences have been made that suprised me, and i don't mean the range setting or anything that obvious. When you see it all working togther in real time none of that matters one bit, nor is it even noticeable. You see people take incoming fire and at the first near miss throw themselves flat onto the ground and begin crawling away to a new position under cover.

As for the range indicator, it may not be totally realistic to have on screen and an option for more experienced players to turn it off seems sensible, but there's enough to learn in ostfront right away that you may well be thankful you can start by just trying to guesstimate a range on the fly and set it without trying to remember which line/mark on the sight you are lining up to.

Actually rattus i think you'll find Alan's intial words as he triggered the collpasing tunnel mechanism were "whoopy-daisy" followed by "fiddlesticks" as it dawned on him he had to outrun a large boulder. Whilst swinging accross the pit of spikes with his trust whip he was apparntly heard to say something that I cannot repeat here and they were not the words of a gentleman of Alan's calibre, I can only assume the threat of imminant demise had got to him.

Upvote 0
JCoquillon said:
Actually rattus i think you'll find Alan's intial words as he triggered the collpasing tunnel mechanism were "whoopy-daisy" followed by "fiddlesticks" as it dawned on him he had to outrun a large boulder. Whilst swinging accross the pit of spikes with his trust whip he was apparntly heard to say something that I cannot repeat here and they were not the words of a gentleman of Alan's calibre, I can only assume the threat of imminant demise had got to him.

[RO said:
Wilsonam]
What - "oh my gosh, how dastardly!" ??

Ahhh, the englishmen. Remaining gentlemen to the bitter end :D If I wouldn't be at work, chances are that I would be rolling on the floor, literally loosing my donkey.
I think I should be playing poker, as reading this forum with someone else in the office (who should think that you are actually productive...) will give you a bullet proof pokerface.

Upvote 0
Woah nice screenshots!!! Graphics can really be amazing, though...

Question about the "HDR Blooms"... Do you actually mean High-Dynamic Range-rendering with the real tonemapping thing or the postprocessing blooming effect??

If it's real High-Dynamic Range-rendering... God, it looks real nice...
Great quality textures, now we gotta beat those DODS kids again! :D
Wolfsglen said:
The answer is in the interview ;)
Nope it says HDR Bloom, but HDR is totally different than a bloom...

It's a whole rendering proces... Alot of people confuse blooming with HDR Tonemapping...
And I don't know why, but I really hate this.

I also hate people saying MSN, while MSN is totally different to MSN Messenger while that is what they are actually referring to...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
YEAH june release! thats not far away. COUGH

wow Bloom only effects sky, should have shown better pic becuase i really didnt notice anything for a while until i had both up side by side.
And leaning.. WHOA! proof how useless it is. Hope you cant go ironsight when leaning and pretty much its just a 10% difference compaierd to just strafing to take a look around corner then strafe back. Not very creative features.
Maybe adding buttons for each foot so faster you push them faster you move. And if you press left foot 2 times u trip. COOOOOLLL. Ok that was going to far but leaning is useless so many other stuff you can wast buttons on.

Last edited:
Upvote 0