• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Finally - news from the front line in 2006!

Spoon said:
And leaning.. WHOA! proof how useless it is. Hope you cant go ironsight when leaning and pretty much its just a 10% difference compaierd to just strafing to take a look around corner then strafe back. Not very creative features.

So, how did you get the early copy then?? I didnt know it was useless , since I havent played the game yet.

Anyway, very cool screens and all, just cant wait to play this thing..

Upvote 0
Spoon said:
YEAH june release! thats not far away. COUGH

wow Bloom only effects sky, should have shown better pic becuase i really didnt notice anything for a while until i had both up side by side.
And leaning.. WHOA! proof how useless it is. Hope you cant go ironsight when leaning and pretty much its just a 10% difference compaierd to just strafing to take a look around corner then strafe back. Not very creative features.
Maybe adding buttons for each foot so faster you push them faster you move. And if you press left foot 2 times u trip. COOOOOLLL. Ok that was going to far but leaning is useless so many other stuff you can wast buttons on.

Spoon ole chap, sounds like you may be desperately needing an Analoptomy.
In case you may be wondering what that might be, here's an explanation.

Analoptomy: A surgical procedure to cut the cord that runs from your eyeballs to your arsehole, attempting to relieve your sh*tty outlook on life.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Spoon said:
YEAH june release! thats not far away. COUGH

wow Bloom only effects sky, should have shown better pic becuase i really didnt notice anything for a while until i had both up side by side.
Maybe adding buttons for each foot so faster you push them faster you move. And if you press left foot 2 times u trip. COOOOOLLL. Ok that was going to far but leaning is useless so many other stuff you can wast buttons on.

Third time's the charm...i warned you nicely once already not to keep on spamming about leaning until you have even tried it, since you didnt listen - have some free time to think about it.

Like i said, if you dont like leaning - dont use it, dont bind the keys and use them for whatever else you want...it aint rocket science ;)

Upvote 0
Jack said:
However, what you are describing is the class "hit the dirt" from a standing position. This is not describing what the guy in the pic is doing: leaping headlong over a wall, in which case his head, not his knees, will hit first.

Well, perhaps it only looks this way because it was done over a wall to show us a "better" side view of it.

It's a good point that this wouldn't be pleasant. I wouldn't mind this action leading to stamina loss (wind knocked out of you), perhaps slow movement afterwards (like when limping).

Upvote 0
[RO]Wilsonam said:
On the gunsights...

1. The little number in white is the range the sight is set to, not some laser-range-finder; that may well vanish in the final version, or stay as an option for those who struggle to read the sights.
2. You don't want to know where we got the data on some of the sights - it has been quite a hunt!

Finally someone gets it u.u

*Is hoping they're removed completely*

Upvote 0
Some_God said:
Does RO really look better than DoD? I seen the trailer for RO and the graphics weren't as impressive, to be honest.
I personally think RO looks better. Much bigger and more interesting looking maps. Detailed vehicle interiors and tasty looking player models.

Whereas dod seems overly bright and colourful for a war game.

ps. I'm glad spoon got the banning stick

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Cleft_Asunder said:
Does the K98k have the cleaning rod in place?

Also, I must ask, will aiming of the main cannon be accurately represented as the first SMALL triangle right of large one? And will MG be the second SMALL triangle right of the large one? Or will RO simplify it so that all aiming is done through the top tip of the large triangle, as it currently is?.

Will one of the devs please answer these?

Upvote 0
I guess none of you guys ever played a game of backyard football where you dived to catch the ball ;) There is nothing unrealistic or hollywood about diving on the ground. Real soldiers do it under fire, and now RO soldiers do it. Our trusty sound guy Xancerman even got a nice collection of bruises recording the sound effects for diving to prone :)

Upvote 0
One thing I think that would help keep "diving" something that's used more out of desperation is climing.

If you can grab hold of an object and jump over it/mount it (like in Cod2, that's one thing they got right imo) then I think people would use that first and foremost and keep diving as something they use underfire/extreme situtations instead.

Upvote 0