• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

fffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Coffee is bad for you, especially on an empty stomach. If one exercises, eats right (living foods, no refined sugars, little meat unless playing a sport), and sleeps 8 hours a night they will feel great all day and want no coffee. Caffeine is bad for you.

I dont see how this is good for you.
YouTube - Eating Live Squid

Upvote 0
Since you asked so nicely :cool:

IRISH COFFEE by REZ

irishcoffee.jpg

You'll need:

6 oz. cup
your favorite coffee
2 sugar cubes
1 shot of Tullamore Dew Irish Whiskey
heavy cream
splash of vanilla

The cup being 6 oz. is important to the measurements of the ingredients. Proper ratios matter when mixing drinks of any kind.

Start by running hot tap water in your cup and let it sit in the cup while you brew your coffee. Nothing saps the life out of a hot drink like a cold cup right out of the cupboard.

While the coffee is brewing, place a mixing bowl into the fridge to chill it. This helps the beating of the cream later in the recipe.

When the coffee finishes brewing, the bowl should be cold enough for the next step. Pour about a half cup of the heavy cream into the bowl and add a splash of vanilla. I don't actually measure the cream, I eyeball it, but it's around a half cup - you dont need to be precise. A little left over cream never hurt anyone. When I say a splash of vanilla, I mean about 4-5 drops.

Whisk the cream until it is light and fluffy, but not all the way to actual 'whipped cream' stage. You want to be able to pour it still.

This is how you want it to look..
perfectconsistency.jpg

If you see this - you've gone too far.
gonetoofar.jpg

Making sure the consistency of the cream is right allows you to pour it onto the drink at the end, and it will sit nicely on top.

Once you have the cream whipped to the proper form, pour out the water in the cup. Now drop both of the sugar cubes and the shot of Irish Whiskey into the bottom of the cup.
alcnsug.jpg

Now pour your freshly brewed coffee into the cup and leave about a half inch at the top for the cream. At this point, make sure you stir it all together. I've forgotten this step once in a while over the years and what happens is you get to the bottom of the drink and it's all sugar. Make sure you stir it till you see that the sugar has dissolved.

Now, simply (slowly) pour your cream on top until it fills the cup up. The cream should float on top like a layer of cloud.
finalan.jpg

Enjoy! :D
Tried it REZ, ****ing outstanding, I tip my hat to you sir :D

Upvote 0
with refined i mean that they are easier for the body to transform them into energy

the best example would be bread
white bread has a useable energy of around 90-95%
black bread has around 80%
full crop bread has around 60% useable energy

the basics of all those products is nearly the same, while the useable energy and also the ammount of work needed to transform them into energy is way different

Xendance sometimes i think you only read what you want to read... :rolleyes:

You have an idea about simple and complex carbs. But you're using "refined" in the wrong context. What makes the kinds of bread you eat get absorbed at different rates are their glycemic indexes, the amount by which it causes insulin levels to rise in the body. This has nothing to do with whether its refined or not. You are right in saying that different kinds of carbs have different amounts of useable energy because a large part of the calories in bread such as whole wheat and rye bread is from fiber, which is unusable by the body. Complex carbs have this higher amount of fiber and low glycemix indexes.

The reason you need to avoid refined foods is NOT because they have less usable energy or get used by your body at a slower rate. Its because "refining" removes a lot of the vitamins, minerals and other nutrients. That is why most refined carbs have the word "einriched" behind them in the ingreidents list. That is the manufacturer trying to add back some of those nutrients, but it is still not anywhere as good as the unrefined product in terms of nutritional value.

Also in relation to meat, all meats are not the same. 80/20 ground beef and 98/2 ground beef have a world of difference. Red non-lean meat in excess IS bad for you because of the saturated fat. It is great for you in moderation because it contains non essential amino acids like creatine that other meats like chicken and turkey do not contain. A limited amount of saturated fat also helps increase testosterone production.

So to be concise, eat complex, unrefined carbs, lean meats, healthy fats and lots of vegetables. A lot of you know this but the reasons lie beyond just protein and calorie count.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If you can't survive a day without drinking coffee, you have one hell of a problem.

I'm in college and for the last 6 weeks, I slept only 6 hours of sleep a day.

Never drank any coffee and never had any problems.

Coffee is not essential. You're just addicted.

I've always wondered when exactly in the life of somebody does it become essential to drink coffee.

Upvote 0