• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Fed up of hyped games getting 10/10?

My first MGS was MGS Twin snakes (the GameCube re-make). And it's the best one.
MGS2 was good for about half an hour (the period before you are Raiden), I never played MGS3.
I have to say that MGS4 doesn't even run that well. There's noticible slowdown at times, some of the texturing is very lazy. It seems all the effort has been put into Snakes arsecheeks, which are just ridiculous. For a "futureproof console" I'm quite disappointed with performance.

On a sidenote, and I apologise for going o/t. But has anyone noticed that 2 of the Playstations best selling franchies (MGS/Resident Evil) both found their best versions on the Gamecube? (IMO)

*happy now? :) *

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Tis my friends PS3, 60GB PAL version. Some noticible slowdown on a couple of levels and in some cutscenes when panning/zooming an occasional chug.
For example, the mission when you start on the outside Cove Valley Village, the camera zooms out, revealing a smoking building in the background and a few extra soldiers & 2 gecko things (this is being played at 1080p btw). It just stutters, fps noticibly dips and then returns to normal, I can't think of how to describe it. It's the same way a PC would react for example if you looked at an extremely detailed particle cloud.

Nothing terrible but not what I'd expect from something that looks the way it does.

They're not texture "problems", I'll see if I can get some screenshots for an example. It just doesn't look as good as I expected.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
On a sidenote, and I apologise for going o/t. But has anyone noticed that 2 of the Playstations best selling franchies (MGS/Resident Evil) both found their best versions on the Gamecube? (IMO)

As far as I know the Gamecube version of RE4 has nicer graphics but lacks the additional content of the PS2 (Mercenaries, Assignment Ada). Maybe the Wii has both? I heard it had awesome controls, with that wiimote and all.

Upvote 0
Well the reason it is so long at times is because a few times you wind up with an end of act cutscene, an inbetween cutscene, then loading the "act" takes a few minutes, and then a start of act cutscene. They're not awfully long, although they don't help the game much. I don't know for sure but the longest period I was sat there watching crap was over half an hour.

Upvote 0