• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Faked Players (Bigger waves)

I almost had the solution to play with the Faked Player mutator on servers.

I installed the KFFakedPlayer on my server. I added these two lines at the end of my KillingFloor.ini:
Code:
[KFFakedPlayers.KFFakedPlayers]
ForcedMinPlayers=5
So, when I launch my server, the ForcedMinPlayers is setup automatically at 5.

I know this in-game command:
Code:
admin set <[I]package[/I]>.<[I]classname[/I]> <[I]property[/I]> <[I]value[/I]>
so I tried that, logged into admin:
Code:
admin set KFFakedPlayers.KFFakedPlayers ForcedMinPlayers 50
The ForcedMinPlayers was modify to 50 and I had a 800 ZEDS wave. But, once I changed the ForcedMinPlayers value, I had no perk levelling any more. It's wired because the mutator himself is whitelisted, and in my opinion, it's the same thing that modifying the ForcedMinPlayer value in the server panel or directly in the game.

Do you have a solution?

PS:
Noxious Ghoul> Here's another download link:
http://ephargy.com/kf/FakedPlayers.rar

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I almost had the solution to play with the Faked Player mutator on servers.

I installed the KFFakedPlayer on my server. I added these two lines at the end of my KillingFloor.ini:
Code:
[KFFakedPlayers.KFFakedPlayers]
ForcedMinPlayers=5
So, when I launch my server, the ForcedMinPlayers is setup automatically at 5.

I know this in-game command:
Code:
admin set <[I]package[/I]>.<[I]classname[/I]> <[I]property[/I]> <[I]value[/I]>
so I tried that, logged into admin:
Code:
admin set KFFakedPlayers.KFFakedPlayers ForcedMinPlayers 50
The ForcedMinPlayers was modify to 50 and I had a 800 ZEDS wave. But, once I changed the ForcedMinPlayers value, I had no perk levelling any more. It's wired because the mutator himself is whitelisted, and in my opinion, it's the same thing that modifying the ForcedMinPlayer value in the server panel or directly in the game.

Do you have a solution?

PS:
Noxious Ghoul> Here's another download link:
<a href="http://ephargy.com/kf/FakedPlayers.rar" target="_blank">http://ephargy.com/kf/FakedPlayers.rar

same here, achievements seems to work but not leveling :\

Upvote 0
Well, i admit that Ive used the Fake Players mutator as a way of leveling up, but I mainly used it to finish those perks that were just a few more headshots, a bit more flame/explosive/melee damage away from leveling up. Besides that, I dont use them for acheivment hoarding. Also, I liked being able to play with myself and get a lot of money, so i can buy those odd ball weapons that I usally dont use, and give them a test run. I found it very practical from that stand point.

I also used it to help me practice how to headshot zeds with different weapons and how to kite things like FP's. However, I liked being able to limit how many fake players there are because if too many zeds spawn, things get reallllll laggy for me.

And finally, in response to map glitches, its not the players fault that they exsist, but it is the player's fault for abusing those glitches. I think ive been able to see 1 glitch for all maps except Farm, waterworks, and biohazzard. Im trying to help TWI by recording me doing these glitches, and then sending pics/video of it to them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just noticed a strange thing.
If I play solo with faked players on I can get achievements and level up my perks but when I play MP (even creating a listening server and playing alone) I can't level my perks but still get achievements.

I noticed that a while back, but I honestly use this mutator for solo playing, and not multiplayer. And besides, if it was on multiplayer servers, then some people would rage that the number of zeds are not fair. Example, would be that if your playing on a Hard server with 3 real people on biotics lab, things can get out of hand really fast, even on the first wave.

Thats why I strongly feel that this mutator is best if used only for solo play.

Upvote 0
What is the maximum I can set this mutator to and have my server still be whitelisted (6 player max)?

Also, what is the maximum I can set this mutator to while ALSO running MaxPlayers mutator on 26?

Any info is appreciated, thanks.

if you set it 6 or more nobody will be able to join the server (they'll get the "server is full" message (whenever I use it I activate it through console "admin set KFFakedPlayers.KFFakedPlayers ForcedMinPlayers 50" when my friends and I are already connected to the server).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Are you saying if you have a 6 player server and then set ForcedMinPlayers 50 afterwards (through the console), the server won't boot anyone and will then have 50 faked players?

What happens when the map changes or if someone leaves and tries to come back in?

Everyone gets booted and you can't rejoin. It disables perks anyway.. I was messing around with this the other day and it ended up wiping my stats for a few hours

Upvote 0