• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Faked Players (Bigger waves)

Let me see if I understand. Say you start a server with the standard 6-player cap. You set the mut to "fake" 3 players.

This means that only 3 players can join the server, as the mut is filling the other 3 slots. So you raise the maximum player count to 10 and "fake" 4 players.

This means that 6 people can join the server, but since the player count is now above 6, you can't level your perks. Am I correct in thinking this?

@The whitelist debate: Yes, it helps you powerlevel in Solo, but I don't see anything wrong with that so long as you're doing it legitimately (no map exploits).

As to multiplayer, I would love to play a 6-person game with an apocalyptic number of ZEDs. Not only for the perking, but because MAN, that's a lot of action!

Which, in the end, is why I'm asking this. Is it impossible to play a 6-player game with, say, 10 players' worth of ZEDs and still level your perks?

Upvote 0
As to multiplayer, I would love to play a 6-person game with an apocalyptic number of ZEDs. Not only for the perking, but because MAN, that's a lot of action!

Which, in the end, is why I'm asking this. Is it impossible to play a 6-player game with, say, 10 players' worth of ZEDs and still level your perks?

I would love that too but currently it is not possible. If only TWI add the forcemaxplayers mutator to the greylist. Of course the max players mutator isnt going to be on the whitelist because it will cause map issues and so on.

Upvote 0
So i'm trying to level my commando quick to lvl 5 so i have a start weapon on harder modes. I set it up on normal difficulty with 4 players worth of zeds. Once i get used to the increased numbers, I check my stats. 2.2 million damage. goal is 3.5. idk how many stalkers i'd killed. Go play about 4 matches using only assault rifles. Check my stats. 2.2 million damage. but the stalker numbers jumped. So what's going on?

Upvote 0
...Go play about 4 matches using only assault rifles. Check my stats. [Still] 2.2 million damage. but the stalker numbers jumped. So what's going on?

Kills /=/ damage. Keep in mind that if you mainly headshot everything, you aren't doing a lot of damage. You have to bust 2273 Clot/Gorefast/Crawler/Stalker/Bloat heads (theirs don't scale per player, unlike the rest) on HoE before doing 0.1 M damage. Well, if the wiki is right and the head health for those ZEDs actually is 44. But that sounds about right. And Clots, Crawlers and Stalkers don't even have scaling body health! It's hard to get damage when all of your targets are trash. Keep at it.

Upvote 0
Kills /=/ damage. Keep in mind that if you mainly headshot everything, you aren't doing a lot of damage. You have to bust 2273 Clot/Gorefast/Crawler/Stalker/Bloat heads (theirs don't scale per player, unlike the rest) on HoE before doing 0.1 M damage. Well, if the wiki is right and the head health for those ZEDs actually is 44. But that sounds about right. And Clots, Crawlers and Stalkers don't even have scaling body health! It's hard to get damage when all of your targets are trash. Keep at it.

I had the same mistaken impression about headshots after reading the wiki too. Really you are only risking losing ~25% or less by hs, & you will not miss out on any exp if they drop immediately after hs or if you finish off the headless zed b4 it drops on its own.

See this thread for a discussion on the matter (read 2 end b/c it took 2 pages to work through it):

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=51309[url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=51309[/URL]

-Hellrazer

Upvote 0