• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Squad DSAS Friendly Fire Server Notice

When I was playing on your server while the mutator was used, it seemed like the siren's scream was delayed. They died and one second after, I got hit by their attack. It seemed strange since my ping was normal and it didn't do it on another server I joined.

Still too many corpse's 1 in 5 is way enough to get a feel. Doesn't affect my beast but lesser boxes of plastic and wire are still suffering especially on Foundry. And I'm convinced it was doing wierd things to paths and mobs were getting stuck. I have no proof but saying that we dont hunt around for the last stuck mob anymore. Wierd beard.

Upvote 0
Depending what time school's out each day on a FF server a new uber incredibly difficult level is automatically created that is even harder than Suicidal. At the alotted hour hordes of squeeky voiced prepubescent zombie killers descend on the FF servers and then it does not matter whether the server is set to beginner, normal, hard or suicidal. Chaos descends...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Depending what time school's out each day on a FF server a new uber incredibly difficult level is automatically created that is even harder than Suicidal. At the alotted hour hordes of squeeky voiced prepubescent zombie killers descend on the FF servers and then it does not matter whether the server is set to beginner, normal, hard or suicidal. Chaos descends...

I believe said prepubescent zombie killers are the 'tards with Katanas that run right in front of EVERYONE's line of fire trying to 'Own those zombies!!!!'. I swear, the Katana should come with a stupid helment, considering how most folks act with it in Friendly Fire situations...

Upvote 0
gusone said:
Funny stuff!!! ..."a new uber incredibly difficult level.." So true, so true.

I believe said prepubescent zombie killers are the 'tards with Katanas that run right in front of EVERYONE's line of fire trying to 'Own those zombies!!!!'. I swear, the Katana should come with a stupid helment, considering how most folks act with it in Friendly Fire situations...
Another amazingly accurate observation. I think crazed Katana users should die from FF with no consequences to the teammate.;)

Upvote 0
And so it should be !

If you havent yet tried a friendly fire server, give it a shot. Gives a very different gameplay experience - no you cant have 5 HS tools spam alt fire at that FP being tanked by a zerker, it just doesnt work :D And you will soon learn that strafing in front of your team is not the bright idea you first thought it was.

Upvote 0
And so it should be !

If you havent yet tried a friendly fire server, give it a shot. Gives a very different gameplay experience - no you cant have 5 HS tools spam alt fire at that FP being tanked by a zerker, it just doesnt work :D And you will soon learn that strafing in front of your team is not the bright idea you first thought it was.

I tried. Actually I tried couple times, oh wait, a few times. Then after couple waves I always leave. Why? When I accidentally kill team-mate (it happens.. rly.. I mean that's the point of friendly fire. "giving new gaming experience") then ppl start yelling "noob" "team killer" "fuk you" "go to hell" etc.

So hmm. not really in the mood to play with assholes like that. It's ALWAYS like that. So what's the point in having friendly fire? "Gives a very different gameplay experience", that's very interesting gameplay experience, ppl throwing load of sh1t on my neck after playing 5 min in friendly fire server.

Don't get me wrong, I prefer friendly fire but I gave up cuz of these players. I really would like to but I'm so fed up with noobs yelling sh1t to me when I ACCIDENTALLY shoot my team mate. Most of the time they ran on my line of fire, so...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I really would like to but I'm so fed up with noobs yelling sh1t to me when I ACCIDENTALLY shoot my team mate. Most of the time they ran on my line of fire, so...

You could always ignore their complaints and try the following: don't be in the "moar fragggsss" hotspot or be aggressive with your stance. Another thing is to take extra time with your shots and if someone suddenly runs in your line of fire, stop firing and move away.

It might be silly, but since people running in other's line of fire and then complaining "omg lolololonoob" is pretty common, it's beter not to feed the monkey and probably do the 'stupid' thing to be more passive and probably hang around in the back more.

So yes, it is boring but being on secondary duties does have it's own reward. It might explain why I have only 2\5 perks @ lvl5 but atleast my TK ratio is roughly once per blue moon and I still end up contributing more than those suicidial kekekeke maniacs running in front of your gun :p

Upvote 0
I was one of the brave folks who played a Friendly-Fire Firebug, so I learned very quickly to drown out complaints. I gotta say that the Firebug just barely edges out Support as the Friendly Fire King...

Now that I've maxed Firebug, I've been focusing on Commando. Full-auto bursts are still likely to clip allies, but much less likely than a stray Shotgun Shell or Fireball...

Upvote 0