• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Squad DSAS Friendly Fire Server Notice

You should add HappyHour to your map rotation. The only fault on that map is that the trader is in a fixed location, but it's out in the open. The 3 story Pub is a much better stronghold.

It's kind of fun making a mad dash from the pub to the trader in hopes of being able to get your shiny new guns and body armor and make it back inside before the wave begins.

I'll check it out to see if it passes my HQ KF experience test. That said I have no problem with fixed traders.

And while I'm here I've added Trailofwoods to the server. A mean dark scary number and nice polished map.

Upvote 0
Ultimately it boils down to Economics and good ol' supply and demand. I found if one person joins on normal and starts playing within in 5-10 minutes or so the server soon fills up. The times I've left it on hard its just becomes a barren wasteland. So its makes sense to keep it on normal so we get a group game - unless everyone online asks for a switch to hard. Alot of us jump in for a few maps in the evening so a couple of normals get us our fix for the day.

As for when server has guests looking at the logs it tends to have an afternoon session crew on for a good few hours (14:00GMT) and a different evening crew (20:00GMT) till late. Sometimes more sometime less.

I dont think its any different to any other server. Join anyone and soon enough it'll fill up and momentum creates momentum.

Upvote 0
So Gus...how's the server feeling about Hard difficulty now?

I'd say how I feel about it at the moment, but they don't like swearing on the forums!

We old blokes couldnt take the pace. Some maps were hell on hard with FF and that was pre patch as it was. The patch 4 on normal is now pretty much an old hard setting in my view. The instances of 'Jesus' in chat has risen exponentially. You know what it's like - if you want a real challenge FF is the only way. And if it means I dont get all the unlocks so be it.

Real men FF.

Upvote 0
I'm finding that Normal with Friendly Fire on fills the difficulty gap between Normal and Hard (A HUGE gap after the patch) quite well, actually. I've had a few fun games.

Supports STILL don't seem to get that blasting that crawler off of a buddy with a shotgun may do more harm than good...and folks STILL run in front of me when I'm spewing fire out a flamethrower. I'll NEVER understand that one...

Upvote 0
Yeah its working pretty well i reckon. We run 40% ff damage and it seems about right for random public games.

The only that that really bugs me is the amount of blind people who must be playing this game. They manage to miss "FRIENDLY FIRE" being in the server name, they manage to miss "FRIENDLY FIRE" being in the MOTS and worse of all, they still manage to miss "FRIENDLY FIRE" in the repeating serverads messages... christ we even put in a french translation of our friends over the pond.. still far too many seem to miss it.

Upvote 0
Yeah its working pretty well i reckon. We run 40% ff damage and it seems about right for random public games.

The only that that really bugs me is the amount of blind people who must be playing this game. They manage to miss "FRIENDLY FIRE" being in the server name, they manage to miss "FRIENDLY FIRE" being in the MOTS and worse of all, they still manage to miss "FRIENDLY FIRE" in the repeating serverads messages... christ we even put in a french translation of our friends over the pond.. still far too many seem to miss it.

Half of the fools probably never read a word. In fact, I'd say that about 1/2 of the 'pubs' I end up playing with are drunk and/or stoned. It's kinda sad...

The other half probably just don't care. I know a lot of people have the 'Friendly fire? So what?' attitude when being careful around teammates. Of course they're the same ones who go absolutely ballistic when you shoot them in an honest accident...

Upvote 0
All fun and games eh mate :)

Even worse are those you continually strafe in front of you.. and then get annoyed when your crossbow bolt takes their head off. Had two people like that last night.. managed to take both of them out thanks to the silly and pointless strafe dance they were doing.

EDIT: Added in KF-Refuge now that is has been whitelisted \o/

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You guys need someone looking after the games while you are asleep, I just had some idiot called 'Burton' kill me several times, which seems intentional considering he killed players in the previous game, so I'm assuming he knew pretty well by then that friendly fire was on. Isn't there some kind of system where if someone makes a certain amount of team kills they automatically get kicked?

Oh well, maybe I'll just stick to playing in the day. :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You guys need someone looking after the games while you are asleep, I just had some idiot called 'Burton' kill me several times, which seems intentional considering he killed players in the previous game, so I'm assuming he knew pretty well by then that friendly fire was on. Isn't there some kind of system where if someone makes a certain amount of team kills they automatically get kicked?

Oh well, maybe I'll just stick to playing in the day. :D

Fear not Ben, Mr Burton wont be joining the server again. Retribution may not be swift since I like to sleep but it is permanent when it comes. And I like looking through server logs drinking a cup of coffee on a Sunday morning. I hope he enjoyed his TK's and was worth a life ban. He's number 66 on the banned list. I still am convinced there is a finite amounte of twats. I'll get 'em all eventually and then we can all game in FF harmony. That said when there's DSAS online everyone seems rather well behaved.

Upvote 0