• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Dosh Jacket Giveaway

Well, unfortunately leagalese trumps common misconceptions. I'd be more on their side if the skin they got was somehow revoked or unusable but they paid the money and got their skin. They got what they paid for and whether that was 10$ or 100$, the choice is theirs.

But they did it because it was clearly stated that it was the only way to get that skin, and that's the problem: the skin was advertised as something you could get only by buying the magazine, people put a lot of effort (not only money) to find and get one and then TWI and/or PCG suddenly decide to screw all that. And so far the only thing those affected are asking is an official response from TWI.

Upvote 0
It should be pointed out that RootyTootyPointnShooty created this thread in an attempt to derail the discussion on the topic. He was causing grief in the Steam forums, then ran here to sign up when we decided to bring the issue to TWI.

Notice when he signed up on the forums, just a few days ago. Notice every post he has made has been in this thread. You don't start an honest, open discussion by calling people whiner and attacking them.

People have a complaint. They are vested in the issue because they spent money. Why is Rooty so vested in derailing? Good question to ask.

Not cool.

Upvote 0
this is just classic TW.

i too played kf for thousands of hours, bought all the dlc, even though i did not like some of them. like the community weapon packs, nobody should have been paying for weapons (wich were made by the biggest sell-outs in the modding community, Ivan and Jack carver). or the "premium character pack". Well, they ended up having more premium characters then normal characters. and the prices of them only got higher and higher. yet, i bought all of them. because i supported twi and because i loved the game.

but as time passed it seemed more and more that they were just using kf as their personal money cow. same goes for kf2. they already broke at least 2 promises. the first one being the jacked, wich i put a lot of efford in finding one. eventually i bought JUST A KEY, for 20 euros. because somehow TWI decided to give the keys to a magazine that only sells in the US and UK. wtf is that all about?

another one is them saying they wouldnt release weapon dlc for kf2. well guess what, now you have to buy chivalry to get a 2h in kf2. doesn't that count as weapon DLC? this shows me TWI is nothing but a bunch of sell-outs. plus its only a matter of time before one of the higher ups, probably yoshiro, pulls open their mouth and say something that will hurt the company even more. there's even a quote of him going around saying that tripwire thinks that everything that came out now, is worth the price it is now. thats right, he says that paying 30 bucks for a half *** game is completely normal.

now that they pissed off half of the entire community, they don't even come with answers or apologies. or any other form of communication

well i lost every last bit of respect i had for this company. i'm done supporting them and buy all their stupid dlc, and i'm done taking any more of this bs.

i'm not even trying to provoke anyone or to troll. i am legitimatly letting my heart out.

think about this tripwire....

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well, unfortunately leagalese trumps common misconceptions. I'd be more on their side if the skin they got was somehow revoked or unusable but they paid the money and got their skin. They got what they paid for and whether that was 10$ or 100$, the choice is theirs.

The thing is they didn't get what they paid for, which was namely a skin concisely and clearly stated as a one time only with this copy (no. 254) of the magazine, also if you care to take the time, you probably find in Legalese that will trump your argument too, you see in law, they deal in fairness and to break that deal and also remain silent to people questioning it is in my book simply not right and certainly not at all fair.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
After I learned around new year's eve that I already missed a piece of content from the game, I automatically assumed that there will be other chances to get it. If I hadn't made this assumption - if I thought that "welp, this is gone forever" I wouldn't even have bought the game. I don't want an incomplete game. Just so you know, not even 8000 lucky kf2 players got the jacket. I wasn't lucky enough to win, so I went to the trading forums and finally I bought the key from a guy who DOESNT EVEN OWN KF2. Anybody could enter this contest, and many of us had our chances decreased by all these other people whose intention was to trade the key from the beginning. We also had to put work into this, I paid for it too, and this time this skin was even more evasive. 8k keys and if you didn't get lucky in the lottery or didn't find someone willing to trade, it went away, no matter if you entered your email or not.

Upvote 0
After I learned around new year's eve that I already missed a piece of content from the game, I automatically assumed that there will be other chances to get it. If I hadn't made this assumption - if I thought that "welp, this is gone forever" I wouldn't even have bought the game. I don't want an incomplete game. Just so you know, not even 8000 lucky kf2 players got the jacket. I wasn't lucky enough to win, so I went to the trading forums and finally I bought the key from a guy who DOESNT EVEN OWN KF2. Anybody could enter this contest, and many of us had our chances decreased by all these other people whose intention was to trade the key from the beginning. We also had to put work into this, I paid for it too, and this time this skin was even more evasive. 8k keys and if you didn't get lucky in the lottery or didn't find someone willing to trade, it went away, no matter if you entered your email or not.

I personally assumed it would be a one time only due to the very wording of the ad, but you do raise another very valid point, if TWI had slightly altered the skin (much like the case of the Harchier skin) this wouldn't even be an issue, they could have and to my mind should have released a slightly different Dosh skin in such a fashion that it could become available to everyone who has bought KF2 without resorting to a limited raffle and in such a fashion as to prevent supporters of the game who desire the content having to resort to buying it from non fans of the game (scalpers) There is still time to rectify this though, instead of giving us the 'rubber ear' perhaps it's time to respond.

Upvote 0
I personally assumed it would be a one time only due to the very wording of the ad, but you do raise another very valid point, if TWI had slightly altered the skin (much like the case of the Harchier skin) this wouldn't even be an issue, they could have and to my mind should have released a slightly different Dosh skin in such a fashion that it could become available to everyone who has bought KF2 without resorting to a limited raffle and in such a fashion as to prevent supporters of the game who desire the content having to resort to buying it from non fans of the game (scalpers) There is still time to rectify this though, instead of giving us the 'rubber ear' perhaps it's time to respond.

If they alter my Dosh jacket, my game will be again incomplete and I probably won't buy further DLCs.

Upvote 0
If they alter my Dosh jacket, my game will be again incomplete and I probably won't buy further DLCs.

Then again I think you 'probably' will, the probably being the operative word in the equation, but as for the 1000's of PCG buyers ( let's not forget, we sold out the magazine in the UK and the USA ) how many of them will definately not be buying any more DLC if this isn't sorted out, I must say though, it is very sad you've not only become a victim of TWI's poorly considered actions, you've also been a victim of scalpers feeding from your desire to have it all, something that perhaps could and should have never been allowed to happen in the first place. Then again, maybe a soloution can be found where the skin isn't altered and the Hardcore PCGamer buying fans (those that went to the hassle of obtaining a limited issuse magazine to support KF2 even before E/A) are also recompensed in a suitable fashion.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think the dosh jacket is cool but come on. This is like the old school wow players with Ash bringer for the last 9 years except that's way cooler than this. The dosh jacket was really hard to find, and still is, so if I were someone that had it I would be happy and not cry that others got one later than I did.

Upvote 0
Well, see, now that there are two parties, each with the same sense of I want my item, it doesn't matter what TWI does, one sides gunna get in a snit. So the easiest approach at this point for them is nothing at all. People are gunna get mad one way or another.

Well, see, it's not so much what they can and can't do now, it's more a damning case of what they did do, and we can all plainly see that, misled their hardcore fans into trusting them. Maybe TWI should consider a future in politics, keep pulling stunts like this with Trumplike greasiness and they'd be sure to qualify in that field.

Upvote 0
{reposted due to locked thread.}

There are a large number of core fans that are very unhappy with Tripwire and PC Gamer regarding the Dosh Jacket Promotion

Here is a link to the original promotion
http://www.pcgamer.com/get-this-excl...-gamer-us-254/

Notice there is only ONE sentence in the entire promotion that is highlighted

a unique character skin that you can only get by buying the print magazine

That statement is repeated 3x. It is the only statement bolded in the entire promotion. Exclusive to the print edition. It also lists the print edition as #254 and shows the specific cover art for that edition of the magazine.

People spent $10 - $30 to get the print edition of the magazine. Magazine cost + tax + shipping. The magazine was only available in the US, Canada, and England so shipping cost to some foriegn countries like Peru, Russia, Australia was as much as $20.

Others spent considerable time and effort to get the print edition because of those words. I drove to 3 different states over the period of a week hitting every news stand only to find it sold out in an effort to find magazines for KF fans in other countries who really wanted a skin.

The wording is very specific

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Im in the same boat.Im absolutely not happy with what happen.I paid money to get the skin because of the advertisement and now they throw them out for free.Alot people put alot time and effort + money to get this skin.
Im sorry but that is ridicolous and i feel a little bit cheated.I hope we can find a solution that fits everyone who is affected.
Thanks

Upvote 0
Well, see, it's not so much what they can and can't do now, it's more a damning case of what they did do, and we can all plainly see that, misled their hardcore fans into trusting them. Maybe TWI should consider a future in politics, keep pulling stunts like this with Trumplike greasiness and they'd be sure to qualify in that field.

Well if that is the case, and it is damned if they don't and damned if they do. Why would they bother making any attempt to fix this when all it will end up is an equally unsatisfied player base one way or the other.

Upvote 0