• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Dosh Jacket Giveaway

Well if that is the case, and it is damned if they don't and damned if they do. Why would they bother making any attempt to fix this when all it will end up is an equally unsatisfied player base one way or the other.

Please explain to me how would BOTH parties be unsatisfied.
If lets say TWI does "remake/improve/add" things to the DoshJacket to the people who bought it then why would the users who got the skin for free be "unsatisfied". They took 5 min of their time to write an email to get the skin. So how does the party that got the skin for FREE will be unsatisfied?
They got it for FREE so what gives the more right to complain about the skin than the original ones that bought the magazine...

Upvote 0

We both know that there are many resolutions to this issue. One person trying to pidgeon hole it has no affect on TWI execs. Certainly if the resolution was to have two different skins, none of those who won a free skin would have an objection. Were as people who paid money and based that on a specific promise have a clear claim.

You know our group has stated very clearly and very loudly that the 8k ( or 16K with the codes fixes) people deserve to have a skin and we are not looking to affect them in any way. They were promised a skin, it would not be fair they don't get one. That has no bearing on say creating a new skin for our group, or altering our skin, or giving us a credit to get a future dlc. or any number of possible solutions.

This is between people who bought the magazine , TWI, and possible PC Gamer.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If lets say TWI does "remake/improve/add" things to the DoshJacket to the people who bought it then why would the users who got the skin for free be "unsatisfied". They took 5 min of their time to write an email to get the skin. So how does the party that got the skin for FREE will be unsatisfied?
They got it for FREE so what gives the more right to complain about the skin than the original ones that bought the magazine...

I dont think you realize how little chance anybody here had to win a key from a mere 8000 pool. And like I mentioned before, we HAD to work for it and pay.

Upvote 0
Yeah once-in-a-lifetime items are a terrible thing.. it punishes the fans who simply arrived later to the party. I was extremely happy to learn that again we get a chance to complete our game. I don't want to be something less than older players just because I didn't follow the news half a year before the game's release.

Upvote 0
Yeah once-in-a-lifetime items are a terrible thing.. it punishes the fans who simply arrived later to the party. I was extremely happy to learn that again we get a chance to complete our game. I don't want to be something less than older players just because I didn't follow the news half a year before the game's release.

There are people who missed the opportunity. But if they ( TWI and PCGamer ) had spare keys and if the magazine sold out that quickly then why not print 8000 more and people would be happy and wouldn't be "ripped off". But in my opinion it is best to leave it to TWI and their responce about the magazine, 8000 free keys ( double the players of KF 2) and PCGamer.

And yes I know they wanted to attract more player-base without having to resorted to money but if they did( and they did ) they burnt those fans who already payed for the magazine.

Upvote 0
They keep calling themselves "loyal KF2 fans" but I guarantee a lot less people would have put in less effort and money if the skin was clearly made to be non-exclusive. You aren't supporting a company by crying about exclusivity. All you're doing at this point is trying to shame them well calling yourself "Loyal fans" a loyal fan would be happy regardless of the skins status or not because they seek to support the company. If the skin wasn't exclusive, many of you wouldn't have cared and not even bothered getting the magazine.

Upvote 0
Yeah well guess what.
If you knew beforehand that there will be 8000 people sorted out to get the skin, and for that sole reason you wouldn't have bought the magazine - you would not have the skin today. Because the chances were very little here.

So what are people raving on about here? You secured your skin with 100% safety, and you supported Tripwire. You got what you wanted. Now it's just a few people who got lucky and got shared the goodies.

What do those say who couldn't get the magazine AND didn't get lucky enough here to get the skin? Huh? What about them? No tought for them? They are left out because we don't have to care about them? Well guess what, if they could get the skin, they would work for it and and gamble for it again.

At this point I don't even know what I'm talking about.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah well guess what.
If you knew beforehand that there will be 8000 people sorted out to get the skin, and for that sole reason you wouldn't have bought the magazine - you would not have the skin today. Because the chances were very little here.

So what are people raving on about here? You secured your skin with 100% safety, and you supported Tripwire. You got what you wanted. Now it's just a few people who got lucky and got shared the goodies.

What do those say who couldn't get the magazine AND didn't get lucky enough here to get the skin? Huh? What about them? No tought for them? They are left out because we don't have to care about them? Well guess what, if they could get the skin, they would work for it and and gamble for it again.

That's exactly the point, we did buy the mag, because of the wording we were led to believe it would be the one and only chance to get that skin, so yes, we, the hardcore fans, paid attention to the information for the upcoming KF2, we did go out of our way both for ourselves and others to obtain the skin and help support the development of the game, if anyone else missed out on the chance to obtain it I could also say, that's too bad, if you ain't fast you're last, but I wouldn't stoop so low as to say that to a fan and truly mean it. Now the issue of the 8000* the only real attempt of an argument (and an extermely flimsy one) I've heard to support this action was it ( the primary release via PCG) was only exclusive 'at that time' so that begs the question.....When did that exclusivity end for TWI and PCG, was it a second, a minute, an hour, a day, a month or a year after we handed over our money? Nothing was ever mentioned in the blurb stating this might ever be the case and is, in a nutshell the very crux of this issue, shady, dodgy, misleading and manipulative sales patter. Most of us thought you were better than that TWI, seriously.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Most of us thought you were better than that TWI, seriously.

Agreed.

I would say arguing with people who are against customers lodging a complaint is a waste of time. We have a vested interest, we spent money, we fell misled.

Detractors will post, but I would refrain from engaging them. If they feel the need to try to stop someone who feels they have a valid complaint from lodging that complaint, they are not the type of person looking for discussion to try and reach an understanding.

I am not here to convince them or anyone else. I am here to have TWI hear my complaint and address the issue.

Upvote 0
Yeah well guess what.

First, my post is my personal opinion and I'm not speaking for all. My opponents can stamp their feet and like someone said here - cry and point a finger at us - how can we dare to claim something... It seems that people not even read or trying to understand the core of our request and that it's not directed at them, neither here nor on steam forum. What difference does it make to answer you. Go and win/buy 100 Dosh-Jackets, I don't care. But let us our right to speak and point at a problem where we see one! This is matter between TWI and a part of the community. Please TWI make an official statement to resolve this issue.

Upvote 0
You paid for the magazine. It contained a DLC bonus, but what you bought was the magazine. Tripwire should not be concerned with your magazine buying reasons, they have a game to build. It was your choice to buy the magazine ONLY for the DLC. If you feel ripped-off because you bought the magazine only for the DLC, then you need to sit down a reevaluate your future spending priorities.

It is called the early adopter tax, and it happens in games all the time.

You can't really be this dense or ignorant to really assume the issue is all about a piece of DLC. If this is REALLY all you see, I pity you and anyone forced to be around you and your extremely narrow views...

It really is that simple.

At this point they should just give it to everyone... yep.

YEP!

Sure! Id like the skin too!

Upvote 0
If people really are interested, they should read the facts before posting or forming an opinon

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=1442194&postcount=37

But the key fact is that there are few thousand very unhappy customers who are the core fans of TWI. The forum pundits are welcome to comment all they want. Our group is not here for a forum chat. We want a dialogue with Tripwire and that is our focus and our purpose here.

We have a concern. We are paying customers. We are your core fan bass. TWI we request a response, a dialogue, and an opportunity to discuss resolution to the issue.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If people really are interested, they should read the facts before posting or forming an opinon

But the key fact is that there are few thousand very unhappy customers who are the core fans of TWI. The forum pundits are welcome to comment all they want. Our group is not here for a forum chat. We want a dialogue with Tripwire and that is our focus and our purpose here.

We have a concern. We are paying customers. We are your core fan bass. TWI we request a response, a dialogue, and an opportunity to discuss resolution to the issue.

That is hardly fact, cause a few thousand doesn't even come close to the actual numbers. If you intend to state facts, don't make up false statistics. You are still the exceedingly small minority here.

Upvote 0
The PC Gamer sold thousands, if only half are upset, that is still thousands. We have gathered almost 100 people in our group in about a week with absolutely no effort. These are core fans

But facts are facts no matter how much 1 person wants to try and derail the discussion. Read the details

Why would any person stand between a paying customer who wants to discuss an issue with the business they use?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The PC Gamer sold thousands, if only half are upset, that is still thousands. We have gathered almost 100 people in our group in about a week with absolutely no effort. These are core fans

But facts are facts no matter how much 1 person wants to try and derail the discussion. Read the details
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.co...4&postcount=37

Why would any person stand between a paying customer who wants to discuss an issue with the business they use?
A week? That steam threads been alive for three weeks. Also, your groups at 97 members, not even 100. So really, you have gathered an incredibly minimal fraction, cause facts are facts right? That group is representative of probably less than 2% of the entirety of the sales basis of that magazine. Fact is, you are a vocal minority. You don't even have the majority of PCGAMES purchases on your side. Though, now that I think about it. Bet a lot of those copies were sold by people simply to resell them, which is even more ironic.

PS. Fix your links.

Last edited:
Upvote 0