• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Deus Ex: Human Revolution

They gave him a 360 to play on because the PC code was not ready.

i+has+a+sad.jpg

Upvote 0
...game director Jean-Francois Dugas revealed in an interview with Shacknews that the PC version of Human Revolution is being handled by external studio Nixxes (the PC and PS3 ports of Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light). Nixxes confirmed it is working on the PC version of the game, stating:

"This partnership allows us to combine our expertise of the PC platform and the creative talent of Eidos-Montreal, to bring the best possible experience for PC players on their platform of choice. We are motivated by the strong belief that a Deus Ex game deserves the best possible treatment on PC."

Upvote 0
...game director Jean-Francois Dugas revealed in an interview with Shacknews that the PC version of Human Revolution is being handled by external studio Nixxes (the PC and PS3 ports of Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light). Nixxes confirmed it is working on the PC version of the game, stating:

"This partnership allows us to combine our expertise of the PC platform and the creative talent of Eidos-Montreal, to bring the best possible experience for PC players on their platform of choice. We are motivated by the strong belief that a Deus Ex game deserves the best possible treatment on PC."

does that mean they will get rid of the derp-vision?

Reactions: fOgGy
Upvote 0
I'm still kinda tossing back and forth about this game, most of it looks and sounds good but then they say this:

YouTube - Ask JJB - Are there lean keys on the PC version? | Deus Ex: Human Revolution

18 likes, 59 dislikes.

As the top rated comment on that video says, "Cover system in thirst person view is lame. I don't want to see my character, I want to be my character".

Deus Ex was 100% first person and it worked just fine. I don't like this switching back and forth between first and third person. Takes me right out of the immersion. Also this 'move from cover to cover at lightspeed in plain sight of the enemy and survive' thing is pretty lame as well.

If only they gave us the option to play the game in 100% first person the game would be so much better.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to say that this JJB guy is a douchebag because I don't think he is. He obviously has the right philosophy for making a Deus Ex game and the 'Ask JJB' videos are quite interesting. The whole transhumanism thing, the art style, the grid-based inventory, Adam Jensen etc all seem pretty cool. But a third person cover system really doesn't belong in DE. It's fine for games like Mass Effect and GTA IV, but not DE. PC gamers demand options. Don't give me that 'not balanced for lean' BS. They have listened to the community about the highlight controversy, so why not give us a first person option as well?

Let's also hope that they will release an SDK for this.

It will be out in August by the way.

Reactions: Dcode
Upvote 0
Deus Ex? 100% first person? Did everyone forget that every single time you had to speak it became a cutscene? And there was quite a lot of it in the game? And in this, there are some scenes where he can speak and move at the same time while you're controlling him. Hmm...

Wow, some people in the comments need to calm down. No lean no buy? What the hell? It's a minor convenience at best. In Wolfenstein at least you weren't spotted by the enemies, but in DX1 you get spotted when you're leaning anyway. You can just strafe to the side and it's all good.

And for the regen, does anyone remember that certain augmentation? Well, looks like the regen will be fine anyway. Maybe it will be upgradeable. Hmm...

Looks like it would be a pretty good Deus Ex, I think I'll buy it if I have the money.

Upvote 0
Too pedantic for me, sorry. Obviously I meant 100% first person gameplay.

Well, the dialogue may have not been gameplay, but it was an important part of the game, and there were choices you could make during it. I'm just used to Valve's total immersion no 3rd person whatsoever, so whenever there's a break in that I just say screw it. But, I see what you're getting at.

Upvote 0
Nice hands-on preview by RPS:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/05/11/ten-things-you%E2%80%99ll-think-playing-deus-ex-3/

“Whoah, this Detroit hub area is huge. And I’m free! Free!”
I gasped a little too loudly when I first opened my map and saw the size the inner city Detroit level, where the game first lets you off the leash. The gasp also went on a little too long, as you can’t zoom out enough to see the whole level at once, so I had to do some scrolling around. It’s bigger than any of the hubs in the first Deus Ex, with more side quests, more incidental detail, more passers by to harass and less loading times.
This means that right from the start of the game you can turn on anything that takes your fancy, from improved hacking to being able to punch through walls, with the twist that there are a wealth of choices and you amass the Praxis Points that let you activate this gear agonisingly slowly. Of the ten or so hours I spent playing the game, I think at least eight of them must have been spent in a blissful dilemma as to what I wanted to improve.
Sounds damn good.

Here are all of the Ask JJB episodes:

http://www.youtube.com/user/EidosMontreal

BTW, in the video below you can see how fast the health regen is, somewhere around 6:20. I think it's something like 15 seconds for 40 hp. Pretty nice video, though it doesn't show much. And yes, you can turn off the outlines on the PC version as well as (I think) the on-screen waypoint.

YouTube - Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Walkthrough: Sarif Manufacturing Exterior

Last edited:
Upvote 0
whoever translated the concept artist's top notch work into the game environment is a complete idiot. he took a great idea, good proportions and designs, and said screw it and made everyone look like a 7 foot tall basketball player.

human revolution looks like a cartoon as a result. at the very best a bargain bin purchase.

Upvote 0
GameSpot said:
GameStop has exclusive dibs on the Explosive Mission Pack. Players who preorder from the specialty retailer will get a new mission (with a cameo from original Deus Ex protagonist JC Denton), as well as in-game assists in the form of a grenade launcher, remotely detonated explosives, and an automatic unlocking device.

You know, an exclusive weapon or skin is one thing, but this is too damn much.

Upvote 0