• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Dunno. While it seems quite a struggle to actually make it worse than Invisible War, I'm still cautious. Too many overhyped but in the end dumbed down "sequels" of once great games hit the market in recent years.
Still, I'm open to be positively surprised by it.
EDIT: WTF? SquareEnix? Hopefully they ditch the "angsty, androgynous people with funny hairstyles + full motion video with short intermissions of medicore gameplay" that plagued Square basically since they use CDs/DVDs rather than cartriges for their games.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
seems rather over bombastic compared to deus ex 1, also almost a crysis game.

This was my thought too.
The combat in that trailer looks seriously different from Deus Ex 1. Not to say that DX1 combat was great because gun handling felt pretty weird at times.
But it looks a lot more actiony than DX1 ever was.
I'm still pretty reserved about it. I'll judge when i play, i dont buy into these hype machines anymore these days.

Upvote 0
This was my thought too.
The combat in that trailer looks seriously different from Deus Ex 1. Not to say that DX1 combat was great because gun handling felt pretty weird at times.
But it looks a lot more actiony than DX1 ever was.
I'm still pretty reserved about it. I'll judge when i play, i dont buy into these hype machines anymore these days.

I agrizzle.

Upvote 0
Visuals look very nice, i like the style. Is it partially 3rd person? Looks kinda like that. More like a Metal Gear / Splinter Cell type of game than part 1. Which doesn't have to be bad. I'll wait and see. I don't mind more action orientation, you being a mech and all. Navarre and Herrmann were also more "direct" in their approaches and in Deus Ex you were kind of a new, more subtle breed of agents. Come to think of it, I'm hoping for a comeback of those two agents, that would be nice :)

Upvote 0
The video does look nice, but I just think "Square Enix trailer" when I see it.

The screenshots look pretty meh, the 2nd one actually looks awful.

I don't care for some elements of the visual style - it's a bit like the new Star Wars films. 1, 2, & 3 are set before 4, 5 & 6 but they look like they're set afterwards.
Deus Ex was set in 2052, 20 years after Deus Ex:HR, but everything in HR looks more futuristic and shiny.

Upvote 0