• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Deus Ex: Human Revolution

I have a question on how to solve a problem I've run into. First a quick re-cap what kind of DX fan I am: Huge. Although the first game is way too easy (weak AI, higher difficulty setting only makes the player weaker, which is moot if you're stealthing) and the second game suffers from horrible writing and acting, it is my favourite game universe and Human Revolution has impressed me so far. I spend a lot of time exploring every corner of the game playing on the hardest difficulty setting.

My problem is I've gone into the first boss fight with nothing beefier than a revolver short of ammunition. I'm a "pacifist"-freak so I'm kitted and specced for sneaking through the whole game but now I'm ambushed by a ridiculous boss fight where I start right next to a human tank of a man that flushes me out with grenades and automatic fire. I know there is a weapon cache in the room but even emptying half of it trying to kill him I always end up cornered and killed. It made me so frustrated I quit the game and left it for a month.

Is there a way to finish this fight wihout having to hope the random number generator won't kill me with these incredibly weak odds? An escape route to get away from the boss would be swell. The only save I have is the one entering the room so I can't go back and get better weapons and stock up on ammo because I did not intend to play the game that way. I don't really mind wasting tens of hours of progress starting the game all over but I would really like to continue this very first playthrough most of all.

(I know Deus Ex 2 is not well liked, for good reason, but meeting JC Denton in the last act of the game is one of the most epic singleplayer experiences I've ever had)

Upvote 0
The bossfights were stupidly designed and smack in the face for the rest of the game great elements ( with the exception of the bad AI ).

Hopefully they will really make the bossfight in the DLC better, at least they promised to make things better, so im keeping my hopes up.
Allowing and even encouraging stealth playthroughs, then forcing the player through simplistic 'drain the invisible health bar' boss fights that are the exact opposite of that... As I said, it shocked me into not playing the game for a month (well, RO2 beta started too, my gaming schedule was quickly filled up).

Upvote 0
So... having finished the game yesterday and having just now watched "The Surrogates" (the flick with Bruce Willis, which I hadn't previously seen)... I can only s-s-s-stammer out that

Spoiler!

In fact,

Spoiler!

Speaking of endings, I now feel I can fully appreciate ME3's marketing dig at "no 3 mo' buttons" and the subsequent resultant back-lash from the players. That's like a double-wtf moment for me now that I comprehend the extent of, I don't even know how to call it, plaguerism and meta-plaguerism or inter-textually-referencing-plaguerism (DE:HR lifting off the movie, ME3 saying it's not going the DE:HR way with endings, but doing it anyway), or however it should be called. Just... wow, so meta.

Edit: ... and it goes a lil' like dis:

Deus Ex : Malkavian Mod Complete Playthrough v0.25 Part 1 - YouTube

Last edited:
Upvote 0