• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Degeneration Developer Video!!!

Looks neat. I'm still looking for someone to tell me what is wrong with matinee, and what is not working with story mode. I keep hearing "stuff doesn't work" but not getting any actual info on what the problem is.

And like Sam said, we can't hear a word you are saying in that vid ;) Turn down the bloody music.

The problem people might refer to is the replayability. While standard KF maps have a great replayability, the novelty of a story mode will wear out for some people (i couldn't imagine myself replaying the same thing over and over again), the matinee might become "annoying" after the 50th time as well.

Even though i might get posts criticizing me for this remark, and them saying that they "could play it endlessly", the vast majority doesn't play games to see the same cutscene several times and knowing what's to come does take half of the fun out of it. (imagine playing a horror game and knowing when the scare is going to happen, would be boring).

Upvote 0
The problem people might refer to is the replayability. While standard KF maps have a great replayability, the novelty of a story mode will wear out for some people (i couldn't imagine myself replaying the same thing over and over again), the matinee might become "annoying" after the 50th time as well.

Even though i might get posts criticizing me for this remark, and them saying that they "could play it endlessly", the vast majority doesn't play games to see the same cutscene several times and knowing what's to come does take half of the fun out of it. (imagine playing a horror game and knowing when the scare is going to happen, would be boring).

I don't think Ramm was referring to it in that aspect, I think he was referring to the technical side of Story Mode not functioning properly.

Upvote 0
Thank you all for your replies!

I have been working very hard to get the content everyone deserves!
Wouldnt have done it without the splendid team along the way!

I can give you lots of fixes and corrections for you (Story Mode Bugs etc)
As i think im one of a selective amount of people who have done some serious stuff with the KFS gamemode. I have added you on Steam Ramm-Jaeger.

The ONE thing i ask in return, (to make this easy to play) was to actaully force the maps to show in the maplist.

In this upcomming map, i have had to make 2 levels.
One, as a workaround to make the second work.

Map 1: KF-Degeneration (a blank map that forces a map switch to KFS-Degeneration)
Map 2: KFS-Degeneration (the main map)

Upvote 0