• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Defence Alliance 2 Beta 1.6

Dest

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 30, 2006
www.planetunreal.com
The DA RO team was only two people, but thanks to TW we were able to port the mod with such little manpower. Due motivation issues, i'm the only one left that would like to continue with Defence Alliance. Although currently it looks like that's not going to happen...

IconoclastDX

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 23, 2006
Unfortunately I do not see any servers anymore. So many peple say they love the mod but I hardly ever see anyone play. Its a shame. I had a blast the two times I was actually able to get a game going.

GrossKopf

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 21, 2006
Beachwood, NJ USA
flotserver.net
Is anyone still interested in this mod? I have a top of the line dedicated server with plenty of processing power. I'd be willing to install another instance of ROOST on it and if there's anyone out there that would be interested in setting things up and running it, I'd give you the access you'd need to do it.

Contact me if anyone's interested.

mein teil

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 17, 2006
philadelphia pa
I'd mess with it in fun but not on an everyday basis. I played the single player cause no one else was on that 1 server. ****s that people didnt wanna try it could of been some U.T. style fun

Skew

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 11, 2006
Denmark
The installation made my entire Steam **** up for some reason, since that horrible day, I haven't dared to download the installation.

Kavelin

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 17, 2006
San Antonio
Comrade Dest,
I'm sorry to hear about your perdicament but hold out until one of the other mods are done then I'm pretty sure Comrades from DH:N44, MN, and CC will help you.
Signed
Your Comrade Kavelin

Dest

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 30, 2006
www.planetunreal.com
No maps display for me in the map list - both with the original maps in the install and the updated map pack.... Any solutions?
No clue, everything should work fine on a fresh RO install.

Skew said:
The installation made my entire Steam **** up for some reason, since that horrible day, I haven't dared to download the installation.
DA2 doesn't change anything in steam! So I don't know why it could **** your steam...

Jono

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 26, 2005
Well i had a blast testing this mod out with Dest

I really need to dl it again.

Murphy

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
liandri.darkbb.com
We need a Defense Alliance Night on a server one day!
As it stands, there isn't even one (right?) and if there were, no one would be playing on it.
That's a crying shame because this mod rocks!

From the beautiful models for players and weapons, all of which are very fun to use, over the beautiful maps with the thought-out layout to the huge amount of quasi-teamplay that is required to overcome something: The mod delivers! And its only ~90MB you need to download!

I didn't play too much back then, because I had bad framerates in RO and DA2 and while RO is somewhat playable with low framerates, DA is not, because of its faster pace. But I have a new rig now and RO runs like a charm, and DA2 runs at least as good as RO (for sceptical people reading this).

The problem is, that there are no DA2 players at the moment.
I guess the main problem is starting to play again when there is no server and no one is online.

If someone with a server could be so generous to organize a Defense Alliance 2 Night, both of these problems would be fixed for one evening. And if the feedback is good enough (read: if there are enough people playing) the server could maybe stay active and people might come back to the mod.

The low interest in the mod is clearly not due to the quality of the mod, because its excellent, but because of the lack of online competition.

Please, someone must resurrect this gem!

Jhaxavier

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 9, 2006
I agree. I'm all for it, my friend can set up a server but he won't do it unless there's enough people :rolleyes:

HobbStweedle

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 30, 2006
id go for it. i loved playing this with 5 people on a server the day it was released. but since then ive been stuck with single player battles.

DO IT! :)

worluk

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
if i would have time at the day a server i up, i would probably hop on too, some mates of my clan probably too