• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Release Defence Alliance 2 Beta 1.6

Is anyone still interested in this mod? I have a top of the line dedicated server with plenty of processing power. I'd be willing to install another instance of ROOST on it and if there's anyone out there that would be interested in setting things up and running it, I'd give you the access you'd need to do it.

Contact me if anyone's interested.

Upvote 0
No maps display for me in the map list - both with the original maps in the install and the updated map pack.... Any solutions?

No clue, everything should work fine on a fresh RO install.

Skew said:
The installation made my entire Steam **** up for some reason, since that horrible day, I haven't dared to download the installation.

DA2 doesn't change anything in steam! So I don't know why it could **** your steam...

Upvote 0
We need a Defense Alliance Night on a server one day!
As it stands, there isn't even one (right?) and if there were, no one would be playing on it.
That's a crying shame because this mod rocks!

From the beautiful models for players and weapons, all of which are very fun to use, over the beautiful maps with the thought-out layout to the huge amount of quasi-teamplay that is required to overcome something: The mod delivers! And its only ~90MB you need to download!

I didn't play too much back then, because I had bad framerates in RO and DA2 and while RO is somewhat playable with low framerates, DA is not, because of its faster pace. But I have a new rig now and RO runs like a charm, and DA2 runs at least as good as RO (for sceptical people reading this).

The problem is, that there are no DA2 players at the moment.
I guess the main problem is starting to play again when there is no server and no one is online.

If someone with a server could be so generous to organize a Defense Alliance 2 Night, both of these problems would be fixed for one evening. And if the feedback is good enough (read: if there are enough people playing) the server could maybe stay active and people might come back to the mod.

The low interest in the mod is clearly not due to the quality of the mod, because its excellent, but because of the lack of online competition.

Please, someone must resurrect this gem!

Upvote 0