• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

therajuncajun

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 20, 2009
You see all these topics in the forum speculating on whether or not we'll ever get an update again, what the update may be, whether or not there are even reasons to play this game anymore, and yet you all sit there and remain silent. That's terrible customer relations.

We want, if even just one sentence, official word on the state of the game, the plans for future updates/fixes/expansions/balances, and a general timeframe (couple weeks/month+/year+) as to when we may expect the update.

I hardly think that is too much to ask, and with many many possibilities to additional paid DLC for your supporters, I don't think this game should just be shoved on the backburner while HoS gets all of the attention. Numerous players will not even purchase the new game due to the advance in system requirements that will be present due to the engine used. KF will be your cashcow for the low-end machine users.

Killing Floor can be run on low end machines years old, laptops and even netbooks in many circumstances. The Unreal Engine 3 is very processor heavy and unless the user has a heck of a laptop they will not be able to run it at any realistic framerate. Not to mention, Killing Floor has default up to 6 players and a load of NPC's, whereas HoS will probably have dozens of players that must be rendered.

As for the next patch, if I remember correctly it was not an official statement, it was only a mere hint at "more content in the works" by Yoshiro, not any sort of official word or insight as to what or when to expect it. I'm sorry but that just doesn't fly with me when they know damn well what they're making.

System Requirement Comparisons:
Processor- 1.2ghz versus 2.8ghz [Minimum]
Memory- 512mb [Minimum] Each
Graphics Hardware- 64mb versus 256mb [Minimum]

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There have been plenty of threads about this, I'm glad we haven't heard anything because that means they aren't browsing the forums looking for things to comment on. Instead, they are actually working on KF/RO:HOS.

They haven't said anything because there is nothing to say. They don't know when the update for KF will be ready. When they know for sure, they will let us know.

Until then, just relax.

Upvote 0
That's the problem. Not all of us are interested in HoS. Plus, Yoshiro only said "there is more work PLANNED" for Killing Floor. They haven't given us any clue as to whether or not it's actually in development or what it is. That's all I want to know is what there is to look forward to and not sit here anticipating some major improvement in replayability only to be disappointed.

Upvote 0
Bring on the promo :D

All this mystery could make a great storyline for TW.

If TW release a 10 second teaser, the KF world would go mad and KF would be alive again, they're back building for something big, i can smell it in the paint work!

If not...:(... TW will have failed all of their customers and fans, thats a pretty big plunge to take and i don't think they'll take it.

All in good time folks, all in good time.

Upvote 0
Exactly, just a small teaser. Maybe a screenshot that cleverly displays some of the new content we'll be receiving but leave us guessing and conspiring as to just what it is we're looking at. Or just a quick note saying "we are currently working between progress bursts on HoS to balance the current perks (more info coming soon on how we are going about it) as well as a new specimen and new boss, and if time permits a new gamemode. at the current time, we expect to provide a more indepth look at the updates within the month"

Upvote 0
Must admit, as tempted as I've been to buy Red Orchestra to help support TWI and therefore support KF, I keep putting it off on the sole premise... competative FPS's are just starting to rag on my tits. After playing CoD4, CODMW2, TF2, CSS, Battlefield 2, Far Cry 2, DoD:Source, Babo Violent 2, and Crossfire, I can safely say I've had just about enough of camping Spray and Pray noobs, glitch exploiters, crap weapon using jerk wads, and general reglessness of pretty much anyone outside of the UK or I would guess using dial-up.

I definately wish RO:HoS the best, since it on face value looks alot less irritating than my prior list, but I don't want to take the risk of hating it like I do every other competative game. Co-Operative gameplay seems to have been shuffled under the carpet in most modern releases, and so for me, number 1 game of all time has to be Killing Floor.

Hip Hip!

Upvote 0
I won't be playing RO: HoS unless some pretty significant changes to gameplay are coming along with it. I tried RO, and I like realistic combat, but apparently I don't like it that much. After one game of spending 90% of my time prone and getting shot by people too far away to see whenever I stood up....yeah. Tanks were fun though.

So RO:HoS means largely nothing to me, other than a further delay in KF content. That's ok though, there are about 1,000,000 other things to play atm, and we still get in a game of KF a week.

Just hoping TWI hurries up so they can get back to making a product I will throw money at them for.

Upvote 0
In less scathing terms, I agree with cajun. TWI ain't so busy they couldn't drop by the forums and post a status update every week or two about what's on the slate.

It would make the wait more bearable to have at least a vague idea of what's going on. Seriously, just a few sentences, I think you owe me that much.

Upvote 0
There have been several posts about this from various TWI staffers either here or at the Steam forums (one from Wilsonam there just a few days old).

Gist of it is: This week Tripwire is at GDC don't expect staff to be in the forums. At the moment, the big focus is a RO:HOS milestone with most people if not all working on it at any given time. More is planned for KF, including the balance update I have mentioned before.

Upvote 0
This isn't the first decline in popularity KF has had. Before the level up patch the popularity was somewhat sinking too. With this newest upcoming patch I hope that it will be the most fleshed out and solid form of KF yet.

As for KF being the best game ever? Not really for me, REALLY high up there but not the best. for a horror shooter the graphics really limit the intensity you can feel playing it, but occasionally map makers get it right and the potential of KF shines forth. If you don't just power level on defense then it's a really fun game, but only one of the best co-op games ever made, not overall.

oh and yoshiro you're awesome cuz you update us when TWI doesn't and we appreciate it. so thanks

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There have been several posts about this from various TWI staffers either here or at the Steam forums (one from Wilsonam there just a few days old).

Gist of it is: This week Tripwire is at GDC don't expect staff to be in the forums. At the moment, the big focus is an RO:HOS milestone with most people if not all working on it at any given time. More is planned for KF, including the balance update I have mentioned before.

I rarely check the steam forum seeing as its a load of trolls and idiots there. I'll have to go peek around then. As long as they absolutely intend on making more content for KF after they get somewhere with HoS, that's good news. Like I said in the other topic, they have so many possibilities yet for this game to add in different playing styles other than just the corner up and hold down the fort.

Thanks Yoshiro, hope to see some [TWI] tags around the forums in the near future teasing us with glimpses of content.

--

I just read Wilsonam's post on the Steam forum, that's hardly a post :(. It's just simply saying "yes" to there being more content.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
but Yoshi sorta is TW......:D

the update will come when it comes and people will be back playing again, just as it has been for the last 2 major updates. HOS is the focus, and no offense to only KF players, but it should be the focus as it was the original "game 2" before any talk of KF started. not to say the KF doesn't deserve any attention, but HOS is the priority. for me, KF surpased all my expectations for it. it has kept me busy for a large portion of the year and once the next update comes, i'll be back playing more hours each week until HOS gets released.

remember silence is golden. silence means work, work means updates, and updates means more fun for us.

Upvote 0
I'm still playing KF a lot...just passed 200 hours I think. I'm perfectly fine with them taking their time to balance the game/make new content. Plus, I've just gotten into the first RO and while it's still really complicated for me, I'm getting the hang of it.

Just keep on working TWI! I'll be happy with anything you guys release...

Upvote 0
They haven't said anything because there is nothing to say. They don't know when the update for KF will be ready. When they know for sure, they will let us know.

OR, they are about to release it this week and thats why they kept quiet xD

Well nah, to be honest, after seeing Yoshiros reply Im guessing it will take another month or two before the update is released. Unless he was just fooling us... :O

This isn't the first decline in popularity KF has had. Before the level up patch the popularity was somewhat sinking too. With this newest upcoming patch I hope that it will be the most fleshed out and solid form of KF yet.

I, actually, hated KF when it first came out because EVERY specimen caused some odd blurring effect on screen and it couldnt be turned off. I got very frustrated because pretty much every time you got hit ONCE you were dead due not seeing anything. Well ok, the only specimen that really ****ed up the view was crawlers I think, but they all had some sort of "view-shake-ability" or w/e which made it impossible to aim.

But, after some months I noticed there was a free weekend of play for KF, at first I thought no way Im wasting my time on it but for some reason I did, and Im glad about it because it turned out the updates they made turned the game from annoying to AMAZING.

Still love the game.

Upvote 0