• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Crysis Discussion Thread

Specs:
C2D E6850
2GB RAM
8800GTX
XP Pro

20 - 30FPS is playable but not enjoyable, 40+ and i am ok.

http://www.spraduke.co.uk/dcode/crysis.bmp

I don't think it looks that cracking either. The images 'username' posted do look good, however the jungle areas do not. I have everything turned on high except shadows, but it does not look that much better with those on high either.

If it ran well i wouldn't really care. There is some substance to the gameplay too. But the breaker for me is the performance. I bet it will come into its own with the next gen video cards and DX10. But this path is an expensive one and not going to happen until early next year.

Upvote 0
Whats so bad about the jungle, and shadows?

jungle.jpg

I think both look great.
jungle2.jpg

BTW, how different does it look with DX10?

Upvote 0
Just been playing it on all medium, except high water and high visual effects ( i think) and its running reasonably (~25+ FPS in game) on my M8600GT 256mb, 2gb ram, T7300 vista32 laptop and it looks pretty good with all the fancy visual effects, explosions and field of depth etc but there are a few dodgy textures and that the cutscenes lag alot for me.

According to the tweakguide forums if you have vista and a DX10 card you automatically use DX10 on all settings unless you add the DX9 command to the shortcut, but he thinks there is only a very small fps gain when using DX9, but theres no very high for dx9 only dx10.

Here's some comparison screenshots he took

http://forums.tweakguides.com/showpost.php?p=75394&postcount=323

http://forums.tweakguides.com/showpost.php?p=75415&postcount=339

From those im not to convinced that the game looks any better on DX10 except when its on very high settings but then again it probably looks different while playing it with a few extra effects in dx10.

Upvote 0
I have to run it at medium settings and it does look good but not great: lots of pop-up effects and foliage looks kinda meh with shader settings on medium. Gameplay was just like FarCry only the mood is less silly, reminds me of "Lost" somehow.

Doesn't look like a game I definetly need though... only if there's going to be really good mods.

Upvote 0
8800gts and 4800+ and i can run it on all medium 1280x1024, 2xaa 4xaf without to much struggle. However considering it looks distinctly average and the physics is average (no dx10) i expect it to run a lot better. Yes it looks great on high settings but no hardware will run it.

Probably worth looking at again in a few months perhaps when they patch it.

Upvote 0
It runs horrible on my rig at 1680x1050. Around 10-15 FPS, no matter High or Medium settings.

E6750
HD2900XT
2GB RAM

I kinda liked the game, but AI seemed alot dumb to me. For instance, I sneaked behind them and blew up two jeeps covering them from behind, and most of them didn't even notice and continued wandering around ahed. Also, at one time a boat spotted and started blazing at me just as I was near their search party. They didn't notice me. I mean, that boat can't be target practising, can he? :)

How do I switch between DX9 and DX10?
Somehting has to be wrong with your PC, I am running.

E6600
8800GTS 320
2GB RAM

I can run it playably at high (~25fps) or really nicely (35fps+) with most things on medium and high water, objects, and shaders.

The AI is definitely very 'meh' though, also does anyone else find it terribly frustrating to have to root around in the bush for 15 minutes after shooting someone to find their gun and ammo???

Upvote 0
I'll eat my words about the graphics, they are excellent. I should have finished the demo first before opening my big mouth. I love the rocky ground near the end, the environment really does feel 3D.

I can get it running at a solid 30FPS. Its not ideal but its playable, the only downer is i loose my shadows. The gameplay is excellent too. Deffo game of year material.

Upvote 0
Got everything on High, and it runs smooth, havent checked FPS though.
You can tell that it's not 60 fps, though. But it is smooth enough.
Graphics are awesome, the part where you discover your dead teammate and 4 koreans looked allmost photo-realistic with the flashlight and all.

Not much of a fan of the quick weapon modificationing and uberpowers, nor the ali3ns though... Wont buy this on release, since those factors stop me.
I was actually having some fun killing some of the koreans (allthough they take to much bullets to go down for my taste), then i beat the crap out of a house with my bare fists and the thing came down lol... that kinda killed it for me, cause i could allready see the mainstream crowd giggle at such a game so badly that it allmost felt wrong for me to play lol :p;)
Then the alien showed up, and completely ruined my appetite at all, all that was left of it anyway lol.
Aliens suck.

Upvote 0
with an x1950xtx 1260x960, noAA(it doesnt let me use AA anyway), shadows, game effects and post processing effects at medium, and everything else on high, it looks great and works fluid enough to bwe enjoyable, I guess 30-40 fps or so.
seems that the shadows are the heaviest thing in the game when it comes to eating FPSs

crysux3mq6.jpg

Upvote 0