• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Connection Failed

I did as Yoshiro suggested when I read this thread before I connected to Steam. I can connect and play on some servers, other times I get connection failed. But I can still play on some (small miracles :) )

By the way, If I delete the clientregistry.blob, It just downloads the update again. I did that twice, same thing.

I do not have the SDK installed.

Upvote 0
Ok I restarted my steam, I cleared my cache of any downloaded mods, and one time I tried joining a server I received this message(around 9pm EST):

An unknown steam error is preventing you from connecting.
If the problem persists please contact Valve for support.

Later at 935pm EST I managed to join a server with about 10 people and after playing for about 5 minutes i was disconnected without warning with message " Connection Failed" when I checked the server it was still up and few of the people were still in it but not all. There is something wrong obviously. Not sure what.

PS. btw I just noticed a post right before mine saying fix was released, I will check it now please note my experiences were before this fix was implemented.

Upvote 0