• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF Concerning Mrs. Foster...

Depends on your definition of trolling. So which would you prefer? The "I be trollin', you be hatin' " kind or the "I be trollin', you be laughin' " kind?

There are two definitions for the term "trolling": old and new. Old is deliberately misleading or deceiving people for amusement, be it yours or others. The person being trolled must not know of the troll's malicious intent for it to be trolling. New is, in the words of Urbandictionary "Being a prick on the internet because you can...because it's the internet and, hey, you can." New is the most common usage, largely favored by idiots, children trying to be cool on the internet, and redditors. The old term is also used quite significantly, almost always under different monikers because of the connotations the original term carries.

The more you know!

Upvote 0
Just pointing the free content is out-weighed in the free/paid content ratio.

Pretty sure the objective mode and the modding tools outweigh everything by a huge margin. If you think getting a few free weapons would be more important than what this mode could bring to the game, you are sadly mistaken my friend.

Upvote 0
Pretty sure the objective mode and the modding tools outweigh everything by a huge margin. If you think getting a few free weapons would be more important than what this mode could bring to the game, you are sadly mistaken my friend.

Those who mod the game should have an iota of a clue as to how much work went into the Objective Based game mode. For those not familiar, i'll just say a lot of time and effort went into creating it, a hell of a lot.

Totally respect all your opinions on here, it's what this place is for. Now if you'll excuse me, Steampunk Mrs Foster requires my attention.

;)

Upvote 0
Also, since we have a Mrs. Foster in the picture, does that mean Foster Jr. is a possibility?

Oh god, please NO. Theres already way too much hype around this character, in fact I didnt even want to see this female version in the first place not to mention their kid. We will never see another original character if everythings just gonna be another Mr. Foster.

What comes to this Objective mode discussion here, yes its great TWI finally added a new gamemode (well, new and new...) but I hope they wouldve added it looong time ago. I kinda want to map for it but not sure if I have enough enthusiasm left towards this game to do it. Maybe the other mappers have more juice left in them ;)

Upvote 0
He is right, WHAT free content? The only thing new that was free was the objective mode and Steampunk Mrs. Foster.

I think you have misunderstood my ...

It wasn't an agreement, nor was it a disagreement.

It was an ironic... you call people anti TWI, yet you're pro TWI, one extreme to the other, no room for judgement. (not you Overlord)

Overlord, I was the person front and centre who took these issues to task over the years, I am in full understanding of frustrations and agree with opinions on them.

In response to something else now:

As for calling out the modders for a defense, I was a modder and a good one and I can tell you that it is a time draining exercise with very few perks.

The difference is modders don't get paid for the work they do, TWI do, so therefore are in a totally different ball court. (the carver weapon pack modders appreciation routine was and is BS, its nothing more than a publicity stunt. TWI were already good friends with them, they just got used for marketing purposes and to make everyone in the community feel wanted and special.).

So no, modders content does not count as official free stuff for the game, nor is it a defense for Tripwire.

And before I get dive bombed and get called anti tripwire, nowhere do I claim TWI are wrong for what they have done, they have simply chosen the business route to things over the customer quality route. So put that anti TWI BS on the shelf.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There are two definitions for the term "trolling": old and new. Old is deliberately misleading or deceiving people for amusement, be it yours or others. The person being trolled must not know of the troll's malicious intent for it to be trolling. New is, in the words of Urbandictionary "Being a prick on the internet because you can...because it's the internet and, hey, you can." New is the most common usage, largely favored by idiots, children trying to be cool on the internet, and redditors. The old term is also used quite significantly, almost always under different monikers because of the connotations the original term carries.

The more you know!

Most wise this one is...

Upvote 0

Just being objective(insert bad pun here). Having partaken in modding in Fallout 3, New Vegas, Oblivion, and Skyrim I understand perfectly how insanely hard it is to modify the game's programming as cleanly as possible without getting glitches and crashes at every turn. The large amount of time required to do the simplest thing in just one part building a mod. Modding is a full time investment that can yield little to no reward yet it can yield some of the most amazing stuff ever conceived. The framework of objective mode created by Tripwire is an amazing accomplishment, now its up to independent programmers and map creators to build upward from this humble base.

Upvote 0
Just being objective(insert bad pun here). Having partaken in modding in Fallout 3, New Vegas, Oblivion, and Skyrim I understand perfectly how insanely hard it is to modify the game's programming as cleanly as possible without getting glitches and crashes at every turn. The large amount of time required to do the simplest thing in just one part building a mod. Modding is a full time investment that can yield little to no reward yet it can yield some of the most amazing stuff ever conceived. The framework of objective mode created by Tripwire is an amazing accomplishment, now its up to independent programmers and map creators to build upward from this humble base.

Not to mention how buggy is the Uengine 2.5 in the first place...

Upvote 0
Well, at least the jewelry people buy is real, and affects real life.
Just putting that out there.

I still can't believe that people are big enough jackasses to judge other people because of what they choose to spend their money on. It's their money, just because they didn't buy what you wanted doesn't mean they're stupid for it, it just means you're a petty little person that needs to complain about anything possible.

No offense to you personally if you do or don't do it, the fact that people do that just really pisses me off.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The framework of objective mode created by Tripwire is an amazing accomplishment, now its up to independent programmers and map creators to build upward from this humble base.

Fel made objective based maps years ago, K!cker, made objective based maps years ago, others made objective based maps years ago.

TWI are too late to the party, no self respecting good modder wants to touch KF anymore and with good reason.

Honestly, I think the level TWI released to showcase the new mode is appalling. Such potential destroyed by the Tripwire lack of vision machine.

Honestly speaking, you can tell TWI don't give a crap for their product anymore through the content released and the way it was released.

4 Years we have all waited for this update, 2 official years since its announcement.

Years of waiting and anticipation delivered in this anticlimactic half arsed update.

I expected nothing less from TWI. I called it years back. Free or not, something with this much potential to be sh!t rolled out like tripwire did. They are now truly a business driven company. Customer care is gone true and proper. But even as a business move, TWI dropped the ball, better yet, they didn't even make an attempt to pick the ball up, they just scuffed it along the ground. Nah, poor business ethic, always thought tripwire had poor business ethic.

TWI don't know themselves who they are anymore, they're a mutated company that is neither moving forward, or moving back. They are sat going nowhere.

Anyway. It's not anti TWI, its an observation. This update is perplexing... shockingly terrible delivery and vision.

To a point though: "now its up to independent programmers and map creators to build upward from this humble base"

I think it would be career suicide for independent programmers and map creators to spend any time on this. When the father of the product doesn't care anymore, why should the offspring.

Upvote 0
Fel made objective based maps years ago, K!cker, made objective based maps years ago, others made objective based maps years ago.
To be fair, what they did is different to what this mode is. Why do you think so much work had to go into it? Or was it in fact incredibly simple and a fantastic modded like yourself would be able to do it easily.

TWI are too late to the party, no self respecting good modder wants to touch KF anymore and with good reason.
So because you no longer mod for this game, no "self respecting good modder" does either? Look, I used to think you were a pretty cool modder Hunter, coming up with some pretty cool stuff, but then you rarely released any of them. Like the RE mod? You talked it up so much, built up so much hype, and then like a kid who got struck out, you took your bat and ball home. Just because you did that doesn't mean everyone did.

Upvote 0
To be fair, what they did is different to what this mode is. .

Is it? Its a mode yeah, but the gameplay is just the same as the mission maps, in fact the mission maps are much better than what map TWI released. And it took them 4 years to do this... when modders were breaking the limits all along. Its a farse man, it was 4 years ago and it still is today. Tripwire just chug along and drop stuff half arsed with no vision because they believe so much that their own plans are the right plans. They totally disregard everything the community says. This ideology that Tripwire are intertwined with their community is false. Tripwire want to act like a business yet they don't act like a business, they don't want to act like a community company...well they just don't act like a community company. They don't know what they are.

So because you no longer mod for this game, no "self respecting good modder" does either? Look, I used to think you were a pretty cool modder Hunter, coming up with some pretty cool stuff, but then you rarely released any of them. Like the RE mod? You talked it up so much, built up so much hype, and then like a kid who got struck out, you took your bat and ball home. Just because you did that doesn't mean everyone did.

Put aside my history and look at the simple facts, every major modder is gone. WPC, Marco, Fel, Kicker the list goes on. All that's left are those little ones that change the music to the end boss and make funny character skins.

No one is making anything worth giving a damn about anymore. Its a dumping ground for crud. The workshop is a mass of poor mods that do absolutely nothing but ruin what KF is about.

At least WPC, Marco, Fel, Kicker and the rest were revolutionary, its nothingness now.

And yes, I took my bat and ball and went home, a decision I half regret and half embrace. I regret not releasing something I worked hard on, but in the end I wasn't about to support a game where the heads of house just play favorites and shadow game everything. But that's in the past and this is now, I've made my peace with that. I am sorry I upset people that didn't deserve to be upset along the way, you paid the price for Tripwires self-importance.

And you continued to pay the price after i'd gone as TWI forced out teams like WPC by not supporting them through updates. TWI just went ahead and half arsed released updates and broke major mods like Aliens and Deadspace. WPC got sick of trying to fix their servers, that's the majority reason they went, and why again, because TWI don't care unless it has a dollar sign on it.

I do apologise, months of pent up opinion coming out here.

I feel for the KF community as you have all stood by TWI through the thick of it and still they short walk you and promise you the world and never deliver.

KF is a once in a lifetime game destroyed by greed.

I wish TWI would sell Killing Floor to a gaming company that will actually take care of it and give it the life it deserves. Its like Tripwires whore now, just there as a money making peace of meat.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I still can't believe that people are big enough jackasses to judge other people because of what they choose to spend their money on. It's their money, just because they didn't buy what you wanted doesn't mean they're stupid for it, it just means you're a petty little person that needs to complain about anything possible.

No offense to you personally if you do or don't do it, the fact that people do that just really pisses me off.

I think they raise a valid point. As consumers of Killing Floor, and video games in general, the best way to get our voices heard is through our wallets. It sends a message as to what works, and what doesn't.

When people use their money in asinine things like golden versions of guns, it sends a message that people like it. As a company who wants profits to keep being in business, they make more down the line. Because hey, sales figures state that they want things like these. Look at Harold Lott. If I recall correctly, Tripwire stated that he was supposed to be a way to test the waters for "premium" characters. It did great, people bought him, people talked about him, there were good reactions (and possibly profits) all around. Now, every event so far has had a $5 skin attached to it, whether it be good like D.A.R (new voice, new particle, new model) or just plain lazy like Mrs. Foster (pretty much a re-skinned Ash).

Yes, Tripwire needs support. Yes, they have provided us free content. Yes, it's your money. But their point, the way I see it at least, is to be responsible with purchases, because it dictates what road Tripwire should take.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Put aside my history and look at the simple facts, every major modder is gone. WPC, Marco, Fel, Kicker the list goes on. All that's left are those little ones that change the music to the end boss and make funny character skins.

Not true, in fact i'm talking to one of the WPC guys on Steam about a mod he's making. Kick3r is still around as is Marco, on occasion. I've breezed through the drivel you're spouting on here and you are coming across as a bitter, anti-TW child. Tone your posts down, quit being so damn aggressive If you can't be civilised then just leave. Your posts generally rub most people up the wrong way and it's not nice.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Not true, in fact i'm talking to one of the WPC guys on Steam about a mod he's making. Kick3r is still around as is Marco, on occasion. I've breezed through the drivel you're spouting on here and you are coming across as a bitter, anti-TW child. Tone your posts down, quit being so damn aggressive If you can't be civilised then just leave. Your posts generally rub most people up the wrong way and it's not nice.

Go on Gregs, send me on my way with a ban, you and the rest of the TWI fan club usually do.

Always seems that when anyone actually points out TWI's flaws that you swoop in to save the day with some pro TWI defense line... which is always the same thing over and over... "they release content for free, buy their stuff to support them, not because it's actually any good... say anything bad and you're being childish and anti Tripwire, here's an infraction for having an opinion". Gregs its the same BS year in year out with you and the fan club, but then again, its why you're a moderator, you bit into the sandwich nice and deep to get where you are.

And lets set it in stone, i'm not bitter nor am I anti TWI, It's simply pointing out the cold hard facts... it's being simply educated... and so are the others who point them out, see we can actually see the BS being fed to the masses. Everyone isn't out to get Tripwire Gregs, you can put the pitchfork down son...

As for the line up, they're around, but we don't see them contribute at all do we anymore... don't take things so literal Gregs, when I say they've gone, I don't mean they went *poof* and dimension jumped. I know it's text on a screen and hard to judge, but it's not all attacking talk.

I like this part: "'I've breezed through the drivel you're spouting on here" breezed? you've breezed? And yet you have deemed it as drivel? My god man, don't ever go into law, they'll be setting everyone free. "I've breezed through the report, it's all drivel as clearly the victim is anti-robbery as they pointed out the fact that... well they did in fact get robbed... just totally childish and unacceptable uncivilized behavior".

And now the rubbing people up wrong... tough luck. I don't like half the stuff you spit out, life goes on. I don't like the BS the news papers write, I'm not going to go down to their offices, drag them out and say you're banned from writing in this paper as it rubbed me up wrong. It's called different opinions.

Come to terms with this Gregs, people have different opinions, they all don't think roses grow out of every orifice Tripwire have to offer. Alternatively, there are people that think roses and more actually do grow out of every orifice Tripwire have to offer.

As a moderator you are here to be impartial, I have yet to see that from you. You clearly have a chip on your shoulder with me due to past exchanges, life goes on, get past it.

As for me leaving, there is only one way i'm leaving and it's a permanent ban. If you don't want me around, hit the button, I wont lose any sleep over it. All it will achieve is showing that once again, unless you're pro Tripwire, you aint welcome here.

So these are our options. We can both man up, respect the others opinion and get on with business, or you can begin the process of silencing me for thinking out aloud...again.

But either way... you're never going to change the fact that... Tripwire don't care about the community... and KF is nothing more than their whore money maker. KF is dead brother, it just needs to be buried because all that's happening now is that the buzzards are picking apart at it and its rotting ungracefully.

Anyway, must dash.

Yours forever

Hunty Bear.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Completely ignoring the llama-drama-queen hunter is making on some giant conspiracy that TWI is in as being a giant Fat guy from a industrial revolution political cartoon and the lel masters to give him attention...

THIS MATTERS ABOUT MRS FOSTER! This is ACTUALLY RELAVENT TO THE THREAD!
Hey go figure right?
Well when i bother to check Mrs. Foster and & SPMrs.F i saw this number in there upl files
I just stumble onto something big here guys! TWI i want awnsers NOAW!
Seeing as i googled up this number on google and get a 1757 in Great Britain from wiki as my second search...What are you guys up too..

Upvote 0